[Q] S4 verizon I545VRUDMG7 root help

Search This thread

Wifilevel3

Feb 26, 2014
Hi,

I went through all the form to root my S4 verizon(unlocked) but nothings related to MG7 baseband??

my baseband version is MG7 is it different than others?? i coudnt find any post related to this version

Main problem is KNOX security is installed in my phone in system directory,

KNOX preventing me from root access(when i tried super user app i am getting a notification ""An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device"),

so i tried to uninstall the KNOX but I need a root privilage to uninstall it. I stuck in the loop.

after I found to bypass the KNOX I should use the certified application to get into root. (i may be wrong i am not sure) is their any way for me to root and install cynagenMod ?? or if helped in uninstalling KNOX i can root it.

Thanks in Advance.

FYI: BaseBand version is I545VRUDMG7 its verizon and unlocked now using AT&T

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
Hi,

I went through all the form to root my S4 verizon(unlocked) but nothings related to MG7 baseband??

my baseband version is MG7 is it different than others?? i coudnt find any post related to this version

Main problem is KNOX security is installed in my phone in system directory,

KNOX preventing me from root access(when i tried super user app i am getting a notification ""An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device"),

so i tried to uninstall the KNOX but I need a root privilage to uninstall it. I stuck in the loop.

after I found to bypass the KNOX I should use the certified application to get into root. (i may be wrong i am not sure) is their any way for me to root and install cynagenMod ?? or if helped in uninstalling KNOX i can root it.

Thanks in Advance.

FYI: BaseBand version is I545VRUDMG7 its verizon and unlocked now using AT&T

Are you sure it's MG7 and not MJ7? I did a quick Google search for I545VRUDMG7 and the only thing I found were the posts you created on this and other sites.

Maybe you could post a screen shot of your phone info.

Last edited:

Wifilevel3

Feb 26, 2014
Are you sure it's MG7 and not MJ7? I did a quick Google search for I545VRUDMG7 and the only thing I found were the posts you created on this and other sites.

Maybe you could post a screen shot of your phone info.

Yes it is MG7, ya I even google a lot about about it and coudnt get any info, so last resort I posted here, I attached the screen shot info please go through it.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Last edited:

Wifilevel3

Feb 26, 2014
OK my bad... Doing a little more searching it looks like you may have the i9500/Exynos S4
This is the i545 S4 for Verizon forum

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Grab this app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo
Take a screenshot for us since I don't see the one you say you've posted here

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

I could be wrong idk..... just get us that screen shot. Your build matches up with another model from what I see but who knows

Hi, I attached the another screen shot using that app u mentioned, please go through it. and what I am thinking is KNOX is the only think which is not allowing me to root my phone, is there any way to remove the KNOX??

Last edited:
Reactions: Mistertac

jamesd1085

Dec 6, 2012
Newark
Weird...its 4.2.2. ...is this pre mdk?anyone know what this is lol...never seen this version...if it is surge may want a good look at it

phobia09

Jun 18, 2013
Maybe some sort of test build? Did you purchase the phone used? Generally S4 build numbers have followed a pattern. The second letter generally indicates a date, I believe. That's why MDK was most likely a May 2013 build, ME7 was a June 2013 build, etc. So this may be somewhere in between ME7 and MI1. I would say this device could be a rare gem and may even provide more information towards a BL exploit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Its very strange I could only find i9500 with similar build number but clearly that shows as an i545. Someone here will know. He says he has Knox on there though?

Wifilevel3

Feb 26, 2014
Maybe some sort of test build? Did you purchase the phone used? Generally S4 build numbers have followed a pattern. The second letter generally indicates a date, I believe. That's why MDK was most likely a May 2013 build, ME7 was a June 2013 build, etc. So this may be somewhere in between ME7 and MI1. I would say this device could be a rare gem and may even provide more information towards a BL exploit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yes, its a used phone. Is there any way to root or to Uninstall KNOX which prevent root ?? to install CyanogenMod.!!

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Wait you dont have root on this? Try saferoot or any of the root methods we have they should work. Next it would be helpful if you sent me your bootloaders would you be willing to help us? Also please refrain from installing Cyanogenmod for a little bit until I can get some of the partitions from your device. Also don't upgrade the baseband yet either please.

There was a reason they didnt release this build. It would be helpful to know why I need to analyze the bootloaders from this build. I hope you read this soon and above all else do NOT update your phone!

Last edited:

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Wait you dont have root on this? Try saferoot or any of the root methods we have they should work. Next it would be helpful if you sent me your bootloaders would you be willing to help us? Also please refrain from installing Cyanogenmod for a little bit until I can get some of the partitions from your device. Also don't upgrade the baseband yet either please.

There was a reason they didnt release this build. It would be helpful to know why I need to analyze the bootloaders from this build. I hope you read this soon and above all else do NOT update your phone!

I hope he listens to you surge

Reactions: Surge1223

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hey did you happen to root the phone yet? And how about helping out the community and sending Surge what he mentioned... That'd be huge

yes , I can root my phone and I can help surge NP in it.
    @Surge1223 he had asked me couple hours ago how to pm you. So if you guys arent already in contact maybe shoot him a message.

I guess @Surge1223 can send you pm's on how to extract the needed files to find more about your bootloader. He could probably write a script for you.

Yep he contacted me, we are in the process of getting the files. Thanks everyone for getting his attention. Ill post what I find in the bootloader thread.
    OK my bad... Doing a little more searching it looks like you may have the i9500/Exynos S4
    This is the i545 S4 for Verizon forum

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Grab this app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo
    Take a screenshot for us since I don't see the one you say you've posted here

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

I could be wrong idk..... just get us that screen shot. Your build matches up with another model from what I see but who knows

Hi, I attached the another screen shot using that app u mentioned, please go through it. and what I am thinking is KNOX is the only think which is not allowing me to root my phone, is there any way to remove the KNOX??
    Google "VROOT" on your computer...install the app....hook your phone up to the computer...(green is "root" in chinese). Once you have root access, go to the file manager on your phone (preferably a root file manager) SEARCH FOR ALL FILE NAMES WITH "KNOX" IN THEM, AND DELETE....KNOX WILL NO LONGER BE ON YOUR DEVICE, but will void warranty....HAPPY HACKING!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

As you have only one post, clearly you're not very familiar with Vroot.

Please don't recommend that people use that. There are far better ways to root that don't deliver unknown data to who knows where, and don't install shady superuser programs. Oh, and don't set the Knox Warranty Void flag.

Sorry if you've already used Vroot. You should have looked further. For example, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758
    That'll root anything vroot can, without voiding your warranty. Yes, that's a rooting technique that I built specifically to avoid vroot/kingo.