[Q] Need Keyguard.apk

Search This thread

turbomonkey80

Feb 12, 2012
Salem
I found myself in the wrong forum trying to install the wrong stuff yesterday. I found a thread for custom fingerprint scanner icons on the sgs5. I followed the directions to install the one I liked to the T. Including making a backup of the original file. Unfortunately, it wasn't the G900T. I rebooted, and got a VERY persistent "com.android.systemui has stopped" message, and couldn't do anything. So I booted to the factory recovery, and performed a Factory Reset.

Long story short....... The Factory Reset deleted the original Keyguard.apk, and I need a new one. Could someone please upload it for me, so I don't have to Odin the whole Firmware?

I've read, and learned a lot here at XDA, but this is my first call for HELP!!!!!!

EDIT: I forgot to mention. The phone is rooted, but still using Stock Rom. The file is located in root\system\priv-app.
My new phone is rendered useless until this issue is resolved.:(

Last edited:

turbomonkey80

Feb 12, 2012
Salem
Mod. Please delete thread

To anyone that looked at this thread, and at least thought about maybe helping out. Thanks. Decided to just flash TWRP recovery, and Custom Rom. All is well now.:eek:

Reactions: fffft

TheArtiszan

Jun 12, 2009
You really didn't need to flash a rom for it.
You could have just downloaded one of the stock roms and copy that one file out that you needed.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Glad you found a resolution.

Seeking help here usually invokes a need for a certain amount of patience.. after all, not everyone can read every post in every sub forum every day. It can take a few days to fill a random request even on a busy site like XDA.

Don't ask me how long requests need to season for niche topics on smaller forums..

/system/priv-app/Keyguard.apk

Attachments

• Keyguard.apk
    10.5 MB · Views: 2,145
Reactions: turbomonkey80

turbomonkey80

Feb 12, 2012
Salem

Seeking help here usually invokes a need for a certain amount of patience.. after all, not everyone can read every post in every sub forum every day. It can take a few days to fill a random request even on a busy site like XDA.

Don't ask me how long requests need to season for niche topics on smaller forums..

I understand that, and wasn't expecting anyone to jump. I just know this is the best place to look for help. As i said in the op. This is my first call for help. I always search as much as possible before posting. Even though I no longer need it. I appreciate you taking the time to get the missing file for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod. Please delete thread

To anyone that looked at this thread, and at least thought about maybe helping out. Thanks. Decided to just flash TWRP recovery, and Custom Rom. All is well now.:eek:
    You really didn't need to flash a rom for it.
    You could have just downloaded one of the stock roms and copy that one file out that you needed.

I understand that, and wasn't expecting anyone to jump. I just know this is the best place to look for help. As i said in the op. This is my first call for help. I always search as much as possible before posting. Even though I no longer need it. I appreciate you taking the time to get the missing file for me.