[Q] Cant get Vanir 4.4.2 working S7710 xcover2

Search This thread

elmanu13

Apr 13, 2012
www.elmanu.com
Hi guys,

I tried Vanir on my Xcover2 and everything looked to work perfectly except...the network (to make phone calls and send SMS, well, to use my phone outside my home, I mean..)

My location is France and my provider is SFR..if anyone has a successfull solution, I will go back to Vanir ROM (I reinstalled the official ROM, so I cannot install more than 4 apps before the system is full...)

Thanks !

5n00p3r

Apr 30, 2014
Just have a look at the posts over yours. It looks like your problem is solved. [emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem GT-S7710

5n00p3r

Apr 30, 2014
From looking at your post you too got them working? If so im glad it worked cause this is rom is just perfect compared to stock 4.1.2. :laugh:

Hey BallStone. I didn't got it, that it was you, who wrote before. I didn't noticed it in Tapatalk App :eek:

So you still have the problem, that there ist no IMEI after flashing Vanir? Is that right?:confused:

BallStone

Jun 21, 2011
Hey BallStone. I didn't got it, that it was you, who wrote before. I didn't noticed it in Tapatalk App :eek:

So you still have the problem, that there ist no IMEI after flashing Vanir? Is that right?:confused:

Yeah. I had those problems but also figured out the solution to this and i have everything working now exept my baseband is XXXX but havent noticed any downsides of that so i have perfectly working vanir on my skomer.

BallStone

Jun 21, 2011
i posted to the original vanir thread link to here and got thanks from it so i think im not the only one who got this stuff working... u were quiet for so long i thought you got it too.

5n00p3r

Apr 30, 2014
Yeah. I had those problems but also figured out the solution to this and i have everything working now exept my baseband is XXXX but havent noticed any downsides of that so i have perfectly working vanir on my skomer.

Ah, ok. I have another solution for this. I first flashed the prerooted XXAMB6. Then I flashed CWM and updated ist to 6.0.4.7 by zip and then i flashed Vanir. Now I have it working with XXAMB6 baseband.

It's nearly all fine, but sometimes there a some "mysterious special functions" like a bootloop in the morning, several apps crashing random (especially GAPPS) like Chrome, Camera, Gmail, Services... but just sometimes. I don't know why. There are also some days, when nothing happens and everything seems normal. This confuses me a little.

BallStone

Jun 21, 2011
Ah, ok. I have another solution for this. I first flashed the prerooted XXAMB6. Then I flashed CWM and updated ist to 6.0.4.7 by zip and then i flashed Vanir. Now I have it working with XXAMB6 baseband.

It's nearly all fine, but sometimes there a some "mysterious special functions" like a bootloop in the morning, several apps crashing random (especially GAPPS) like Chrome, Camera, Gmail, Services... but just sometimes. I don't know why. There are also some days, when nothing happens and everything seems normal. This confuses me a little.

wow that sounds so much simpler than my method =) maybe i should try that... i havent had any problems with any apps or gapps and no bootloops whatsoever only bb-xxxx, but maybe our phones got mind of their owns and what works for you wont work for me and vice versa idk.;)

bitterman

Jul 21, 2008
Have had the same issue for a few days now, I flashed the phone with an older Factory ROM I had, XXAMB6, then wiped and reflashed CM via CWM...et VOILA!! I now have baseband and IMEI working fine, seems stable so far :)

KoalaNalle

Sep 11, 2014
Hyvinkää
www.blackenter.com
I can confirm that flashing the XXAMB6 modem will work. Because all the warnings I read everyhwhere I didn't try this with XXAND2.

-First I flashed CWM to the phone, reinstalled CWM to the Vanir suggested CWM.
-Next rooted the phone with SuperSU.
-I flashed the S7710XXAMB6_S7710OXXAMB2_NEE (from sammobile.com) image to the phone usin ODIN.
-Booted to recovery, wiped all userdata and then dalvik cache
-Flash the newest vanir (4.4.4.090814)
-Installed the pa_gapps pack
-And then again reinstalled SuperSU from zip

There are steps that are redundant, but since I am a newbie on Android, I just write this to help others.

I would post this to Vanir main thread, but because I just joined I cannot.

-Niko

Reactions: cymophobic

Henkar

Jul 14, 2014
I can confirm that flashing the XXAMB6 modem will work. Because all the warnings I read everyhwhere I didn't try this with XXAND2.

-I flashed the S7710XXAMB6_S7710OXXAMB2_NEE (from sammobile.com) image to the phone usin ODIN.

There are steps that are redundant, but since I am a newbie on Android, I just write this to help others.

-Niko

I have the same problem with Vanir. Phone says "No service. Emergency calls only", but it still recognize what is my operator (DNA). Last night on home I tried manually search networks, phone find DNA but says something about "can´t connect on this time, try again later". Today morning on home phone did not find that DNA network at, and on workplace it did not find any networks.

Now I flash everything like that guide above. Network connect is good with S7710XXAMB6_S7710OXXAMB2_NEE rom, but now with Vanir same thing, "No service. Emergency calls only". I think my phone with Vanir not "listen" the antenna on full power or something about that. :eek:

Henkar

Jul 14, 2014
I have the same problem with Vanir. Phone says "No service. Emergency calls only", but it still recognize what is my operator (DNA). Last night on home I tried manually search networks, phone find DNA but says something about "can´t connect on this time, try again later". Today morning on home phone did not find that DNA network at, and on workplace it did not find any networks.

Now I flash everything like that guide above. Network connect is good with S7710XXAMB6_S7710OXXAMB2_NEE rom, but now with Vanir same thing, "No service. Emergency calls only". I think my phone with Vanir not "listen" the antenna on full power or something about that. :eek:

Is there any help on my problem? Now I'am tried about 8 times flash the Vanir, sometimes I'am flashed first older rom sometimes tried csc-change. Nothing seems to help. Always samething "no service", some places it seems to find networks but cant connect. With original rom there is right service everywhere with 3G.

cymophobic

Jun 3, 2011
Holy cow! I did it.
I got everything working exept baseband it says now xxxx but that doesnt bother me cause i can now make phone calls and messages.
Dont know about how right my method was but it worked, i copied efs folder and modemfs folder from stock rom to my ext sdcard and flashed vanir then with root browser i deleted everything from those folders and replaced with copies i made... sounds weird but im happy :good:

I tried that, too, but to avail: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56255200&postcount=13

So all I need to do is downgrade the modem firmware? I thought that is what stored is in /modemfs/ and by copying it from stock we're back in business? Or is the more recent firmware incompatible with current KitKat and only older firmwares have something that works on KitKat??

Last edited:

cymophobic

Jun 3, 2011
Solved it: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56293149&postcount=977

Mind this: My stock modem is a XXAND2 but I had to downgrade to XXAMB6

1. Apply ODEX XXAMB6 (not! XXAND2) according to @TheBoegl root guide
2. Reboot to ODEX
3. Apply ODEX 20140112_cwm-6.0.4.6_skomer_fixed.tar.md5
4. Reboot to CWM
5. Apply cwm_skomer_test2.zip (CWM 6.0.4.7)
6. Reboot to CWM
7. Apply vanir_skomer_4.4.4.101714.zip + pa_gapps-modular-pico-4.4.4-20141019-signed.zip

lagusz

Aug 13, 2014
GSM signal problems

Hi,
I'm pretty new to the forum so I couldn't post on the main thread about Vanir 4.4.4 for xcover2 but maybe someone here can help me.

I've tried everything that's written about it in the main thread and I still have intermittent GSM signal (doesn't matter if 3G or 2G). And now even reverting back to stock ROM doesn't help, it's intermittent even on stock ROM. I did the procedure with flashing to XXAMB6, applying set of commands in terminal and then flashing Vanir. The "find" command was not working so I did this set. No improvement. Signal goes up and down in places where it should be stable on maximum.
Have I done some deep changes to efs / modemfs that even reverting back to stock doesn't help? Are there any commands that could fix it or is the hardware now damaged and I need service?

Please help.

Baskvald

Jul 17, 2008
Take control of SIM card

I couldn't get the mobile network to work, but stumbled over this great video "Install working Vanir to Samsung Xcover 2" by Jotainkivaa123 on YouTube.
It's a problem with the ownerships.
In an abd shell with root permissions:
shell commands:
find /efs/|while read s; do chown radio:system $s; done;
find /modemfs/|while read s; do chown radio:system $s; done;
chmod -R 777 /efs/
chmod -R 777 /modemfs/
reboot

YEESSS! Everything works! Thank you Jotainkivaa123!

Reactions: jemsgaelle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Holy cow! I did it.
    I got everything working exept baseband it says now xxxx but that doesnt bother me cause i can now make phone calls and messages.
    Dont know about how right my method was but it worked, i copied efs folder and modemfs folder from stock rom to my ext sdcard and flashed vanir then with root browser i deleted everything from those folders and replaced with copies i made... sounds weird but im happy :good:

-Niko
    Take control of SIM card

I couldn't get the mobile network to work, but stumbled over this great video "Install working Vanir to Samsung Xcover 2" by Jotainkivaa123 on YouTube.
    It's a problem with the ownerships.
    In an abd shell with root permissions:
    shell commands:
    find /efs/|while read s; do chown radio:system $s; done;
    find /modemfs/|while read s; do chown radio:system $s; done;
    chmod -R 777 /efs/
    chmod -R 777 /modemfs/
    reboot

YEESSS! Everything works! Thank you Jotainkivaa123!