[N00B TUT] Create AROMA Package to install apps easily!! (GUI)

Search This thread

ykumar00

Jan 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10+
XDA user commandersafi has created a Nice GUI program, which allows you to simply select all APK files, and it will create the flashable AROMA zip for you.
Really useful when you are a Frequent Rom Changer!

Official Thread: goo.gl/GyJTt

Code:
What Is It?

Aroma App Package Creator is an application for those who flash new rom's often and want an easy way to create a flashable zip to reinstall apps. This utilizes Aroma Installer for more customization, allowing you to choose which apps to be installed instead of installing all of them. I made this tool for myself after seeing strawmetal's Flashaholic Essential Packs and wanted a way to produce the same results without editing multiple config files for each "pack" I make. I hope everyone else will find it useful as well 

How To Use:

1) Download the aroma-app-package-creator.jnlp file and run by double clicking it

You must have Java 6 or higher for the application
        You will have to accept a security warning. This is normal for all applications using Java Web Start

2) Click the + button under the Group Names list to create a new group

3) Add an app to a group by selecting the desired group, then click the + under the Apps list

If you don't select an apk file then there will be an empty folder in the data folder of your created zip with the apk's name where you should place the .apk manually (NOTE: If you add the apk manually make sure to remove all spaces from the file name. If added by the application spaces are removed automatically)

5) Flash your zip like any other in recovery

Download; http://goo.gl/7AU8v

Amazing, really!!

Cheers :)

Last edited:

Bakpoeder

Nov 27, 2011
So i've tried this, and tbh, it's too much hassle to be really efficient if you only have a few apps that you use. (I'm using only 4 'non-standard) apps.

But if you have over 10 apps you want to keep each time you test out a new ROM, this is for you :)

ykumar00

Jan 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10+
So i've tried this, and tbh, it's too much hassle to be really efficient if you only have a few apps that you use. (I'm using only 4 'non-standard) apps.

But if you have over 10 apps you want to keep each time you test out a new ROM, this is for you :)

As i said, this is for people who change ROMS frequently. and the point of it being an AROMA package is that you can choose what to install while flashing the zip!

Reactions: SaschaKH

gopzzz

May 23, 2008
Need Help

Hi,
How about in cases of kitkat... to install in prive - app folder....

and also I am not able to select my desired Phone model?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XDA user commandersafi has created a Nice GUI program, which allows you to simply select all APK files, and it will create the flashable AROMA zip for you.
    Really useful when you are a Frequent Rom Changer!

Official Thread: goo.gl/GyJTt

Code:
    What Is It?

Aroma App Package Creator is an application for those who flash new rom's often and want an easy way to create a flashable zip to reinstall apps. This utilizes Aroma Installer for more customization, allowing you to choose which apps to be installed instead of installing all of them. I made this tool for myself after seeing strawmetal's Flashaholic Essential Packs and wanted a way to produce the same results without editing multiple config files for each "pack" I make. I hope everyone else will find it useful as well 

How To Use:

1) Download the aroma-app-package-creator.jnlp file and run by double clicking it

You must have Java 6 or higher for the application
            You will have to accept a security warning. This is normal for all applications using Java Web Start

2) Click the + button under the Group Names list to create a new group

3) Add an app to a group by selecting the desired group, then click the + under the Apps list

If you don't select an apk file then there will be an empty folder in the data folder of your created zip with the apk's name where you should place the .apk manually (NOTE: If you add the apk manually make sure to remove all spaces from the file name. If added by the application spaces are removed automatically)

5) Flash your zip like any other in recovery

Download; http://goo.gl/7AU8v

Amazing, really!!

Cheers :)

As i said, this is for people who change ROMS frequently. and the point of it being an AROMA package is that you can choose what to install while flashing the zip!