Titanium Backup resets wallpaper

Search This thread

dabrain42

May 25, 2009
Hi,

I recently installed titanium backup on my rooted transformer. Whenever I make a backup, my wallpaper gets reset. Why would that be?

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using xda app-developers app

dabrain42

May 25, 2009
Well, actually this started after I enabled the scheduled backup of changed data. When I did a initial backup manually everything worked fine as well.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

IceDrake

Jul 28, 2009
I've noticed that as well, but on my Galaxy Nexus. Ever since that started happening (and setting the wallpaper up properly is a real pain in the S for me), I stopped using scheduled backups...

dabrain42

May 25, 2009
I suspect that it's not because of the schedule, but the changed data backup mode.

oceang

Feb 22, 2012
Melbourne
I am also experiencing this issue on my rooted Galaxy S2 with 4.1.2.

In addition to resetting my wallpaper, the backup also sets my default keyboard back from Swiftkey to the Samsung Keyboard.

In my case, it has been every time I run Backup - All User Apps and System Data.

By testing I have determined that if I do not backup Swiftkey then the default keyboard doesn't change.

In the case of the wallpaper issue, I Have not yet been able to work out which backup item is causing the problem.

ahe777

Dec 9, 2010
FWIW.... A workaround I found for this problem on my Samsung Galaxy S4 (4.2.2 using Titanium Backup free version)... If I exclude "System UI" from the backup, the wallpaper is not reset. I had tried both the "Kill active apps" and the "Exclude active apps" options, but it was still resetting the wallpaper to default. I performed a manual backup, deselected System UI from the apps list, and the wallpaper wasn't reset. For scheduled backups I set up a filter to exclude "System UI" and it seems to work fine.

There certainly may be other solutions/workarounds, but this one worked for me.

Last edited:

dabrain42

May 25, 2009
Might seem like a dump question, but how Do I set up a filter for the scheduled backup?

qx876

Sep 13, 2012
Hey guys,

had the same problem on tablet and phone (only the wallpaper thing).

Here is a solution, get the pro version of titanium - preferences and check "advanced app control". Solved.

Cheers

one less gadget.

Reactions: eibbed0001

wanxu

Jun 4, 2012
BCN
Same problem here!! I've also noticed it is Titanium who is resetting everything.

However, I have that option set but it's failing... I will try disabling that scheduled backup.

NeoH4x0r

Oct 9, 2011
Same problem here!! I've also noticed it is Titanium who is resetting everything.

However, I have that option set but it's failing... I will try disabling that scheduled backup.

It also happens to me when using Titanium backup, on an Apex AP-GS918, and performing a manual backup (ie not on a schedule).
I guess the System UI app must crash, when being backed-up, and resets the wallpaper as well as the keyboard input device.

dabrain42

May 25, 2009
Well, but that's a little inconvenient. Always setting the wallpaper to my custom selection .. :(

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using xda app-developers app

OllieX2

Oct 17, 2010
I'm also finding that my wallpaper is reset to the default one when using Titanium Backup. It's happening when I use TB to clean the cache of the System UI app (thanks to ahe777 for pointing me in the right direction) rather than when running backups.

The solution for me was to set up a label and filter to exclude the System UI app from cache cleaning.

The Advanced App Control option (I'm using TB Pro) seems to make no difference in my situation.

HTC One S with CyanogenMod 10.2

archer53

Aug 4, 2013
Using TB Pro - Doing manual backup of all sys data and user apps I found the following when it finished...

• Resets wallpaper back to original wallpaper.
  • Resets keyboard back to google keyboard as default.
  • Also stops all my "Start at Boot" apps from starting at boot. I hade to restart each manually to get them to go back to autostarting again.
  • Also reset my default SMS app to Google Messaging.
Tried Advanced App Control and that appears to have solved the problem - at least for manual backups. Will see about scheduled later.

Last edited:
Reactions: eibbed0001

dabrain42

May 25, 2009
I'm also finding that my wallpaper is reset to the default one when using Titanium Backup. It's happening when I use TB to clean the cache of the System UI app (thanks to ahe777 for pointing me in the right direction) rather than when running backups.

The solution for me was to set up a label and filter to exclude the System UI app from cache cleaning.

The Advanced App Control option (I'm using TB Pro) seems to make no difference in my situation.

Using filters works for me as well! Thx.

henrg

Nov 2, 2010
Sydney
I recently upgraded to 4.4.2 and used Titanium Backup to help move my apps between the ROM. I also had the problem with resets to wallpaper and running apps. I tried most of the settings with no great success, but I will try the filter workaround posted in this thread. I was quite disappointed with TIBU as the options and settings are not very well laid out on the tablet interface.

computersalat

Sep 24, 2014
www.computersalat.de
I am also experiencing this issue on my rooted Galaxy S2 with 4.1.2.

In addition to resetting my wallpaper, the backup also sets my default keyboard back from Swiftkey to the Samsung Keyboard.

In my case, it has been every time I run Backup - All User Apps and System Data.

By testing I have determined that if I do not backup Swiftkey then the default keyboard doesn't change.

In the case of the wallpaper issue, I Have not yet been able to work out which backup item is causing the problem.

same Problem here with my OnePlus One (rooted). Doesn't matter if you use a stock ROM (12s) or a original CM 5.1.x ROM. This is really annoying ...

DJScribe

Aug 31, 2013
I had the Advanced App Control with the Donate version, and still lose my wallpaper and keyboard settings. Blows, but hey - at least it's backing up right.

madbird

Nov 14, 2005
Hamburg, what else? :)
Using TB Pro - Doing manual backup of all sys data and user apps I found the following when it finished...

same Problem here with my OnePlus One (rooted). Doesn't matter if you use a stock ROM (12s) or a original CM 5.1.x ROM. This is really annoying ...

I'm using a Oneplus 3 rooted with stock rom (OOS 3.2.7/Android 6.0.1) and have the same problem as archer when doing an scheduled 'all apps & system data' backup. On a scheduled 'all new & changed apps' everything is ok. Advanced app control wont do the trick, looks like a never solved bug.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FWIW.... A workaround I found for this problem on my Samsung Galaxy S4 (4.2.2 using Titanium Backup free version)... If I exclude "System UI" from the backup, the wallpaper is not reset. I had tried both the "Kill active apps" and the "Exclude active apps" options, but it was still resetting the wallpaper to default. I performed a manual backup, deselected System UI from the apps list, and the wallpaper wasn't reset. For scheduled backups I set up a filter to exclude "System UI" and it seems to work fine.

There certainly may be other solutions/workarounds, but this one worked for me.

Hey guys,

had the same problem on tablet and phone (only the wallpaper thing).

Here is a solution, get the pro version of titanium - preferences and check "advanced app control". Solved.

Cheers

one less gadget.

• Resets wallpaper back to original wallpaper.
    • Resets keyboard back to google keyboard as default.
    • Also stops all my "Start at Boot" apps from starting at boot. I hade to restart each manually to get them to go back to autostarting again.
    • Also reset my default SMS app to Google Messaging.
    Tried Advanced App Control and that appears to have solved the problem - at least for manual backups. Will see about scheduled later.