Base features:
  • All "NovaThor Settings" app features
  • Update kernel, check latest release, view changelog
  • Swap storages
  • Full CPU control
  • Adjusting voltages for each frequency
  • CPU freq settings for suspend settings
  • Full BLN control
  • Adding modules to autoload (tcp, vpn, governors, schedulers, logcat)
  • ABB-charger management
  • Frequency of a display control
  • Creating logcat and kmsg

Thanks to:
  • ChronoMonochrome for the kernel and support!
  • Rox, zwliew, frapeti, t4n017 for "NovaThor Settings" app
  • 4pda community for a test of early versions, bugreports and responses!
  • CyanogenMod Team for "Device Settings" app
  • xda community for a test and patience!

Download: View attachment ChronoKernelSettings-0991-beta.apk

Older versions:

Last edited:

mars_army

Nov 12, 2012
Buglist:
  • -

Old changelog:

• 0.9.7-beta:
- Added "Statistics of the processor." Thanks to @storm717 for the source code of CpuSpy!
- Added "Selecting frequencies". Although you can't disable 800 MHz and 1000 MHz, app still sends a command to enable these frequencies after a reboot.
- Added steps for extreme undervoltage for 100 MHz, 200 MHz, 400 MHz.
- Added checkbox "Disable second core."
- Added a choice of states for APE_OPP and DDR_OPP. But, strangely, only when choose the state 0 for apeopp and ddropp, the values ​​don't change in mcde_screenon_opp, when choosing other states, apeopp and ddropp changes without problems. Nevertheless, thanks to @ChronoMonochrome for the help!
- Returned those settings that have been removed in the last version, but I removed the choice of presets for minfree - think of another implementation.
- Fixed bln_wakelock after a reboot.​

• 0.9.6-beta:

- Optimization of the application for stock firmwares was performed.
- Added CPU activity. Now it is possible to change a governor, frequencies of the processor and schedulers of internal and external memory, and also change undervolting for each frequency on r2.17!
- Added the way of change of swap storages for stock.
- Added two Holo themes and two system themes. If you use stock firmware, MIUI (etc), you can choose system theme for apply firmware theme in app. Please, don't write if system theme will be coincide with Holo and Material themes on AOSP-based roms.
- Added "Enable increased smoothness" setting. Thank you, ChronoMonochrome!
- Added "Set a preset for minfree" setting.
- Added readahead for external storage.
- Added "Disable NovaThor Settings" (it will be "frozen" and hidden).
- Added touchboost for interactive and Zenx.
- Rewritten path options for dt2w and s2w (for r2.17).
- Fixed activation bln_wakelock.
- BLN and "Disable NovaThor Settings" items for stock firmwares are not available. Unfortunately, I did not manage to see the work BLN on stock. If someone gets enabled BLN (of course, without Xposed), please let me know.
- Removed unnecessary options and settings (at the time r2.17).​

• 0.9.5-beta:
- added "Enable zRam". It works with init.d script.
- added choice of themes (please, test the Holo Light theme).
- choice of modules of file system is added (exfat, nilfs2, ntfs).
- added creating a dmesg is added to "Settings". Now logcat, dmesg and kmsg are created with time tag.
- option "Disable Autoboost" in GPU is returned. Thanks, Kolan007!
- change of readahead is corrected (this setting is used listpreference)
- path to a touchboost is changed.​

• 0.9-beta:
- Initial release for xda​
full changelog on russian

Last edited:

mars_army

Nov 12, 2012
Ok, let's get started.
1) Screen: Enable Touch boost: This set "only" APE boost to ON - Maybe an switch for DDR boost (bt404_ddr_boost) and an switch for each value for APE/DDR (25/50/100) would also be nice.
2) I/O: read_ahead_kb values are not set correctly - This was and is an error which was in NTsettings since beginning
3) CPU Undervolting: This could be a bit dangerours because the original setting of Chrono is already well optimized - even -12,5/25 could force reboot - Especially for the higher freq from 800-1200. Maybe its better only to undervolt the lower steps (further testing needed)
1. I did not do it because I have difficulties in the interpretation of APE/DDR :/
2. I'll think about how to fix it
3. I have no problem with increasing the voltage to 75.0 as well as with decreasing voltage to 75.0.

Anyone having difficulty with that?

fluffi444

Nov 19, 2012
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy S9+
1. I did not do it because I have difficulties in the interpretation of APE/DDR :/
3. I have no problem with increasing the voltage to 75.0 as well as with decreasing voltage to 75.0.

Anyone having difficulty with that?

Thanks for copying my post to new thread... :)

1. Maybe @ChronoMonochrome can say a word to touchbooster and the infuence of APE/DDR and thier values 25/50/100
3. Yes I had... I set (just for a short test) to -50 and got instant reboot. As I said: I think Chronos voltage table for higher freq is well optimized and already quite low...

I'm using latest Rel R2.14.5 - I don't know for which kernel version you optimzed your Settings?!
As far as I know Chrono changed the LiveOPP table in the newer releases, also.

Reactions: mars_army

mars_army

Nov 12, 2012
I'm using latest Rel R2.14.5 - I don't know for which kernel version you optimzed your Settings?!
As far as I know Chrono changed the LiveOPP table in the newer releases, also.
The values for voltage are selected in accordance with 2.14.3, including the values taken from the init.d script "00liveopp_voltage_fix".
Please read this for test undervoltage.

Last edited:

ChronoMonochrome

Jan 29, 2014
Stavropol

1. Maybe @ChronoMonochrome can say a word to touchbooster and the infuence of APE/DDR and thier values 25/50/100
I left here the concrete APE/DDR settings, because by kernel supported as lowest states as APE25/DDR25. For powersaving we can change these values via interface /sys/devices/pri_lcd_ws2401.0/mcde_screenon_opp (don't remember if s6d has it - will reimplement soon). By default are used DDR50/APE50(APE25/DDR25 are causing problems on some phones like display blinking, long wakeup time etc.), and touchbooster set APE100 when you touch the screen :) For good smoothness usually enough APE100/DDR50 which are defaults for touchscreen interfaces. For more smoothness set also DDR100 (but I think it will drain the battery too fast).
3. Yes I had... I set (just for a short test) to -50 and got instant reboot. As I said: I think Chronos voltage table for higher freq is well optimized and already quite low...
There are no big changes in compare with old TC's kernels. It's almost same voltage table as in liveopp 1.0.1, and IMO only one stable for most users. Although it's not well optimized in term of powersaving, because some steps use same voltage. I also admit that it's not good idea to lower voltage for all steps by same value - because some steps can't be undervolted even by -50 mV, when some steps can use as low undervoltage as -275 mV.

mars_army

Nov 12, 2012
One more thing to mention:

GPU: The checkbox for deactivating Mali Boost is missing. Therefore the setting in "Clock Speed" (Set static gpu clock speed) has no function because Mali Boost is alway on...

Yes, Kolan007 (from 4pda) reminded me of this, I will add this setting to next update. By the way, how wrong the app exposes values ​​for readahead?

Last edited:

fluffi444

Nov 19, 2012
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Yes, Kolan007 (from 4pda) reminded me of this, I will add this setting to next update. By the way, how wrong the app exposes values ​​for readahead?

Take your time - no hurries!

Regarding readhead: 512 is set OK after an reboot- if you change to 1024 it shows as 1152 in file. Looks like the more you change the value (without reboot) the more the value changegs to a wrong direction... For me it looks like that there is an calculation error somewere...

I set 1024 (via init.d) after I set now 512 in app it shows as 640 in file
If I go back to 1024 in app it will give me 1152
2048 gives me 2048 - strange :)
Back to 512 gives me again 640... etc....
Next time 2048 in app gives me now 2176 - more than strange :)

EDIT
Looks like there is somewhere an "128 error" in calculation....

Last edited:

mars_army

Nov 12, 2012
For me it looks like that there is an calculation error somewere...

Looks like there is somewhere an "128 error" in calculation....

Really a problem in mathematical calculations. How it works now:
(("displayed value" / "128"+"1")*"128"="result".
Example:
(("4096"/"128")+ "1")*"128"="4224").
I tried to replace 1 to 0, but the value is set back one step. I will think that how to fix it.

The easiest solution is replace the way of setting value on listpreference (like in FSync settings).

Last edited:
Reactions: fluffi444

mars_army

Nov 12, 2012
New version is UP!
  • added "Enable zRam". It works with init.d script.
  • added choice of themes (please, test the Holo Light theme).
  • choice of modules of file system is added (exfat, nilfs2, ntfs).
  • added creating a dmesg is added to "Settings". Now logcat, dmesg and kmsg are created with time tag.
  • option "Disable Autoboost" in GPU is returned. Thanks, Kolan007!
  • change of readahead is corrected (this setting is used listpreference)
  • path to a touchboost is changed.

bln_wakelock inclusion does not work ( I will think how to fix it ) .
setting ape/ddr will in the next version : /

full changelog on russian

Download version for custom roms
Download version for stock firmwares

fluffi444

Nov 19, 2012
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy S9+
[*] added "Enable zRam". It works with init.d script.
Works!

[*] added choice of themes (please, test the Holo Light theme).
Lovely! Nice and perfect! :) But Holo Light looks the same as Material Light - In my opinion

[*] choice of modules of file system is added (exfat, nilfs2, ntfs).
not tested

[*] added creating a dmesg is added to "Settings". Now logcat, dmesg and kmsg are created with time tag.
works.

[*] option "Disable Autoboost" in GPU is returned. Thanks, Kolan007!
Good!

[*] change of readahead is corrected (this setting is used listpreference)
Works! First time that this works as it should!

Thx for your work!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts