[Q] How to decompile/recompile binary XML from .apk file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

avimak

Nov 23, 2008
I have an .apk file which containing the new HTC keyboard, and I tried to translate the Russian layout to Hebrew so I'll be able to use any ROM which use this keyboard (I can't find the original Android SK on the ROM).

There is no problem to find the Russian XML files, but it's all compiled to a strange binary XML.. can someone help me with it? is there any way to decompile it to a normal XML again and then recompile it so i'll be able to override the original on my system?

thanks in advance ;)
Avi

avimak

Nov 23, 2008
Thanks you two :)

I wish we'll have an app in the future (maybe i'll write one ;)) that can easly decompile/recompile - just like we have for mode9 files etc.

avimak

Nov 23, 2008
A problem, I can only decode it to a normal txt file - but I can't recode it back to that binary xml format...
How can I do that?

avimak

Nov 23, 2008
"aapt dump xmltree" will show the contents but not in actual xml.

Hi man, I'm already using AXMLPrinter2.jar to decode the xml file, that's not the problem. I'm looking for a way to recode it back to binary - and jashsu says it's in the SDK, but we have there about 100 different tools so I asked him which one is to recode a simply xml to binary xml that's fits Android ;)

do you know?

zrubi

Dec 14, 2008
Hey Avi,
why don't you use the hebrew keyboard that already published in iandroid.co.il forums?

avimak

Nov 23, 2008
Hey Avi,
why don't you use the hebrew keyboard that already published in iandroid.co.il forums?

Well, first of all I'm using it now and it's great.. but still the HTC official keyboard looks bigger and wider for me, plus there is a space there (in the Russian layout) for question mark etc...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.