Transformer Prime touch screen sensitivity issues

Search This thread

skakub

Feb 18, 2012
TouchScreen is not the cure.

TouchScreenTune is not fixing what is the real problem - drawing diagonal lines. Sensitivity is improved, but that's it. Prime is simply broken. I am very very disappointed with Asus for tricking me like that. Hope for yet another software update to make freehand sketching/ notes taking possible. Because right now it is not.

Once again, draw four lines: two across the screen, two diagonal. You will see.

Reactions: significand

XaeroDegreaz

Jan 22, 2010
"no problems" is fairly relative in this case. Everything works for us, its just how well does it work.

From what I can tell there is 3 problems.

First is the minimum distance travelled before a writing touch event is registered seems much to large. Presumably this is a software thing since speed you try to write doesn't effect this.

Second is that straight lines are wavy, mostly on diagonal lines.

Third is that the prime may not be registering as many points per second as others. To test this I have been using the writepad app in debug mode. I time 10 seconds and scribble at a constant speed (and tried different speeds). for 10 seconds I am getting ~800 touches no matter the speed i scribble, so the prime seems to be able to register 80 touches/second. If we could compare this to other devices that would be interesting to see.

I can confirm these problems precisely. I'm glad it's not just me. Well, it sucks to hear that people have this problem, but im glad that I just didn't get a broken one. How can we all just band together and report these issues to Asus? Surely there is a way. So far, I'm impressed by this tablet. However this problem is a serious let down.

Should not have to depend on third party apps to tune the device.

Reactions: significand

significand

Feb 27, 2012
touch screen issues - diagonal lines

TouchScreenTune is not fixing what is the real problem - drawing diagonal lines. Sensitivity is improved, but that's it. Prime is simply broken. I am very very disappointed with Asus for tricking me like that. Hope for yet another software update to make freehand sketching/ notes taking possible. Because right now it is not.

I feel the same way, very disappointed with TF Prime, for the rexact same reason. here is a link to an article about some ppl who tested this issue on phones, i don't have permission to post links here so please delete the ~~

http:/~~/blog.higosoft.com/diy-touchscreen-touchy-touch-off-test-iphone-bests-eris-droid-and-nexus-one.html

The writers of the article think that in phones this issue may not be a big problem. They may be right, but on a tablet it's different, and I am seriously thinking of returning it. I have a Transformer Prime with ICS and am disappointed.

For the record, Diagonal lines on the Motorola Xoom are flawless!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CELEBRATE EVERYONE!! I've been working with the developer of TouchScreenTune to port his app to the Transformer Prime. I've just tested it and it works wonderfully! The Prime version is not on the market yet, but it should be out very soon.

TouchScreenTune at Android Market
    TouchScreen is not the cure.

"no problems" is fairly relative in this case. Everything works for us, its just how well does it work.

From what I can tell there is 3 problems.

First is the minimum distance travelled before a writing touch event is registered seems much to large. Presumably this is a software thing since speed you try to write doesn't effect this.

Second is that straight lines are wavy, mostly on diagonal lines.

Third is that the prime may not be registering as many points per second as others. To test this I have been using the writepad app in debug mode. I time 10 seconds and scribble at a constant speed (and tried different speeds). for 10 seconds I am getting ~800 touches no matter the speed i scribble, so the prime seems to be able to register 80 touches/second. If we could compare this to other devices that would be interesting to see.

I can confirm these problems precisely. I'm glad it's not just me. Well, it sucks to hear that people have this problem, but im glad that I just didn't get a broken one. How can we all just band together and report these issues to Asus? Surely there is a way. So far, I'm impressed by this tablet. However this problem is a serious let down.

Should not have to depend on third party apps to tune the device.
    Concerning the diagonal lines issue, check this out:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1516716