Galaxy Note 10.1 stuck on "Samsung Galaxy Note" screen

Search This thread

agelcer

Mar 12, 2007
College Station
Dear all.

First of all, thanks for your attention, I really appreciate.

I have a GNote 10.1 Wi-Fi version (N8013) with stock Android 4.1.

My S-Pen was getting me crazy, because I was not able to use it correctly on the edges of the device. I tried an app that supposed to reset the alignment, but I did not work, so I googled and found that the only way to fix it was "factory reseting" the tablet.

So, I installed the TeamWin recovery and backed up my data. After that I hit the button "reboot". But before rebooting, the recovery screen "told me" that I was not rooted and "asked" if I would like to install SuperSU to get root access. I checked YES and rebooted.

After that I got stucked at the "Samsung Galaxy Note" screen (see attached file).

I've tried to switch off the note, but the screen goes off for one second and it lights up again at the same screen.
If I plug the USB cable and try to switch it off, the note goes to the battery charging screen. If I remove the USB and push the power button again, the tablet gets back to the "Samsung Galaxy Note" screen.

Odin seems to "connect" with the tablet.

I can enter both the download mode and the recovery mode (not the teamwin recovery).

Attached pictures of what I get.

Any sugestions?

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0332.jpg
    IMAG0332.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 6,066
  • IMAG0333.jpg
    IMAG0333.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 6,115
  • IMAG0336.jpg
    IMAG0336.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 6,167
  • IMAG0337.jpg
    IMAG0337.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 6,355
  • IMAG0334.jpg
    IMAG0334.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 5,853

agelcer

Mar 12, 2007
College Station
Everything is ok now

Dear all,

Hope I can help you if you have a problem similar to mine.

I remembered that a PC with no OS stops on some screen, but everything else works, just as what was happening with my note.
I tought that I might have wiped more things than I should, so, the only thing I had to do was to restore the backup that I had.

To do this I should reinstall the TWRP and the only way was via Odin.

Solved the problem this way:

1. Downloaded the Odin (http://techbeasts.com/2013/08/08/download-odin-pc-latest-version-v-3-07/)
2. Downloaded the TWRP file (http://techerrata.com/get/twrp2/p4noterf/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.1.0-p4notewifi.tar)
3. Connected the Galaxy Note to my PC using the USB cable
4. Entered the "download mode"
5. Loaded the file from step 2 into the tablet using Odin
6. Rebooted the tablet
7. Entered the recovery mode (TWRP was working)
8. Restored the backup that I had
9. Rebooted again

Did the dance of victory!!!

I am so glad to have my device back.

Regards

Reactions: hamham0074

bernasduro

Jul 31, 2014
how to access recovery mode? mine can't access recovery mode with power+volume up :crying:

Hi all

mine neither.. followed your steps with odin but still stuck in start screen (Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1). By the way mine is the 8010. I tried almost everything. Cant even load the recovery mode!.... And Have no backup either.
PLease someone help me...

Thank you in advance

poolprof

Mar 11, 2013
Decatur, IL
I have an SM-P600

My Note 10.1 2014 Edition is stuck on the tablet title screen, not sure if its in reboot mode it returns to this screen if I try to shut it off... basically Its frozen, and when I try to shut it off it goes away a few seconds and comes back. This happened after I rooted with KingRoot, and tried to Flash a ROM, Im a complete Noob and should have done my homework... but I didnt. I see everyone suggesting odin and going into download mode... I can get to download mode but I am using a macbook pro, and there are very little options to use odin, I tried Jodin3... and Heimdall... no luck...

PLEASE HELP !

Last edited:

martrabuco

Apr 12, 2011
HELP stuck on Samsung screen

I didn't any root or install a different firmware to mine.
But after charging it I removed the cable and it rebooted and got stuck on the Samsung screen. I can only access to Download mode. I didn't have any Recovery mode installed, and now I can't install one successfully via Odin...
I tried to install a new firmware... a recovery mode... nothing is working...
Please I need HELP...

Last edited:

soul_eye03

Nov 6, 2015
Hello. I havea similar problem with my note 2 phone. It will not get past the
samsung screen. My cpu knowledge is very limited. Are you open to accepting payment for attempting to fix my cell phone? All I want is the pictures off of it if that is all you can do to it. Pleass email me at soul_eye03@yahoo.com if you or anyone you know can help. Thanks....Jay

Ana222

Jul 12, 2016
Same thing is happening to mine. I tried Odin but after the download the srceen goes black and then comes back to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 screen.

giba_fernando

Nov 17, 2016
Bento Goncalves
Hello folks.
Same problem here with a n8000.
It had the stock unrooted rom probably JellyBean.
Can only access Download Mode, nothing else.
I get connection to Odin, tried to flash original firmware, 4 file firmware, re-partition with pit file, flash a custom recovery, all seem to pass through but nothing changes, still stuck on 'Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1' screen, never moves on to boot animation and still can't access Recovery Mode.
However, something else I triy with Odin and it FAILS is ticking 'Nand Erase All'. It won't let me erase nand.

Could this mean some kind of memory corruption?
Does it have anything to do with EMMC?
If it does, is there a possible way to fix without replacing the hardware?
What else can I try before giving up?

It would be nice if other users who report this problem attempt to Nand Erase All and see if it also FAILS..

Thanks alot and sorry for the long post.

Edit: after posting I found this which is PROBABLY THE SOLUTION for me.
And here is another topic on this issue.

Last edited:

chozex

Dec 22, 2016
did you find the solution?

Hello folks.
Same problem here with a n8000.
It had the stock unrooted rom probably JellyBean.
Can only access Download Mode, nothing else.
I get connection to Odin, tried to flash original firmware, 4 file firmware, re-partition with pit file, flash a custom recovery, all seem to pass through but nothing changes, still stuck on 'Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1' screen, never moves on to boot animation and still can't access Recovery Mode.
However, something else I triy with Odin and it FAILS is ticking 'Nand Erase All'. It won't let me erase nand.

Could this mean some kind of memory corruption?
Does it have anything to do with EMMC?
If it does, is there a possible way to fix without replacing the hardware?
What else can I try before giving up?

It would be nice if other users who report this problem attempt to Nand Erase All and see if it also FAILS..

Thanks alot and sorry for the long post.

Edit: after posting I found this which is PROBABLY THE SOLUTION for me.
And here is another topic on this issue.

i am looking for any solution since two years without any benefit. did you find any?

ReverendOD

Nov 12, 2010
This happened to ours as well just today. Unplugged it rebooted it and it's stuck. Can only access the Odin mode.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everything is ok now

Dear all,

Hope I can help you if you have a problem similar to mine.

I remembered that a PC with no OS stops on some screen, but everything else works, just as what was happening with my note.
    I tought that I might have wiped more things than I should, so, the only thing I had to do was to restore the backup that I had.

To do this I should reinstall the TWRP and the only way was via Odin.

Solved the problem this way:

1. Downloaded the Odin (http://techbeasts.com/2013/08/08/download-odin-pc-latest-version-v-3-07/)
    2. Downloaded the TWRP file (http://techerrata.com/get/twrp2/p4noterf/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.1.0-p4notewifi.tar)
    3. Connected the Galaxy Note to my PC using the USB cable
    4. Entered the "download mode"
    5. Loaded the file from step 2 into the tablet using Odin
    6. Rebooted the tablet
    7. Entered the recovery mode (TWRP was working)
    8. Restored the backup that I had
    9. Rebooted again

Did the dance of victory!!!

I am so glad to have my device back.

Regards
    how to access recovery mode? mine can't access recovery mode with power+volume up :crying: