Battery Life Discussion

Search This thread

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
I'll report mine today. took off charge at 6am and put back on at 1220am watch was at 73%. normal for me...I feel like I use it a lot but clearly not as much as some of you. I check time and notifications as they come in and the odd dictated keep note.

kay_vee

Apr 24, 2011
My battery life was bad until I removed a custom watchface, now its only dropping 3% an hour so far today. :)

DummyPLUG

Dec 18, 2007
Hong Kong
Second charge, leave it on table, connected with screen always on, auto power off after about 40 hrs
I guess a whole day is not a problem if I wear it and go out.

p.s. connected with Nexus 5, it should support bluetooth 4.0 LE, may be this help the battery a little bit

LilSmiler

Mar 21, 2014
Google Nexus 5
LG G5
Had G Watch for just over a week (screen on, brightness 3, notify on watch and phone) with moderate use, checking all notifications and sending 5-10 messages/mails a day watch battery is average at 30-40% after 14Hrs use, phone battery (N5LP) does seem affected a little, maybe 10% more usage with the watch connected...

All in all very happy with the battery life :good:

jimbobtexas

May 10, 2010
Carrollton
I'm a heavy Hangouts user. I have a group of friends that text back and forth all day long. My battery life tends to be commensurate with that activity. I noticed yesterday that my battery life had been doing really well until about 5pm. That's when everyone gets done working, and starts texting with each other. Before I knew it, my battery had dropped below 15% before 6pm. That was really unusual, but it made me wonder if other factors had come into play, like a power-hungry watchface (I use the Weather Watchface). Might be nice if someone wrote a power monitor for the Wear device itself, so we could see who the hungry apps are...

stagman1

Dec 7, 2006
Bad experiance with g watches

I am now on my 2nd g watch because of poor battery life and both of them have the same problem.I am getting about 8.5 hours life before shutdown due to lack of power.I have tried everything i can think off to extend the battery life but nothing seems to work.
It seems to me that some have got a very very good life and some have got a abysmal battery life and there is no way of telling which one you will get.I am doing a test to see if it may be something on the phone that is affecting it so i have disconneted it from the phone and will monitor battery life over the next few hours but dont hold up much hope.
I will be taking it back to the shop again just to see what they say(they did try the old"It must be something you are doing" routine)but it comes down to if its fit for purpose which it clearly is not!
If anyone has any thoughts they would like to share on this then please feel free to add anything.simalarly if anyone has had the same problem and found a solution then i would be most interested to learn of it.

Wish me luck
Dave

jimbobtexas

May 10, 2010
Carrollton
It was the Weather Watchface that was killing my battery. I switched to the Better Wear watchface, and I'm sitting at 80% at 1:30pm, after taking it off the charger at 7:30am.

Jan 6, 2011
near Aachen
It's the Watchface .... or an other app... Several people had also this problems. I have had this to on some watchfaces. If I use an other watchface it last not 8-9 but more then 24 hours....

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

stagman1

Dec 7, 2006

I sussed it but im not sure how! i charged it up to 100% then took it off charge but did not connect it to the phone and it lost 1% per hour which is what everyone else was getting so i reinstalled the wear app on the phone and restarted the phone and in 13 Hours it lost 13% charge which is perfect.i cant be sure waht it was but something was in constant communication with my watch so it was severly draining the battery.i am going to test some differant apps to find out which ones do affect the battery life drastically but as it stands i have got it to work the way it should:laugh::good:

Reactions: robto

adamelphick

Feb 1, 2006
London
Huawei P20 Pro
Huawei P30 Pro
Took mine off charge at 8am this morning, been using it for WhatsApp messages etc and plenty of notifications.... it's 8.15pm and it is still on 57%...

Pretty good I think? Oh and I had an animated watch face on it most of the day!

matejilic

Oct 12, 2012
Zagreb
Hello, I have a problem with the battery life on my G Watch. A few days ago the battery life deteriorated quite s lot. It went from draining about 1% an hour to 10% an hour, without any interaction from me. The problem is that this started happening suddenly. Before that it was all good. I tried to factory reset it a couple of times, uninstalling all my apps, muting a lot of the apps and nothing seems to help. Also, I tried changing the settings on the watch (screen alleays on and of) and it still drains to 0% in about 10 hours. Did anyone experience something like this? Does anyone have a hint at the solution? Thanks!

dersie

Mar 26, 2011
Nancy, Lorraine
I have same problem few days ago. I uninstalled an app for black screen when charging and Wearable Widgets and now it is normal.

You really have to pay attention to the applications used.

You can have also problem with BT connexion if it is not fine. Try to unpair and pair again.

matejilic

Oct 12, 2012
Zagreb
I have same problem few days ago. I uninstalled an app for black screen when charging and Wearable Widgets and now it is normal.

You really have to pay attention to the applications used.

You can have also problem with BT connexion if it is not fine. Try to unpair and pair again.

I have zero apps installed. Also, unpair and pair again doesn't help..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please post your battery life discussion here:
    Wear 100% / Nexus 5 100% Battery at 7AM

Its now 9:15pm and G watch is at 62% and Nexus 5 is at 68%

I reckon you could go 30 Hours before needing to charge both devices.
    I take mine off charger at 8 am every morning, and by 8 pm its down to 55%... Most of the people are getting this type of better life
    You got s defective unit or a watch app is draining the battery

Pretty much the same here. 8am to 8.45pm yesterday and saw it was 45%. Screen on. Gotten texts, hangout msgs, hundreds of emails and looked at my watch constantly during the day.

I have wear launcher, wear messenger, bunch of different watchfaces, minuum, IFTTT, wear bucks (starbucks app), and others I can't think of at this moment.

I'm happy with mine. Also planning on the 360 when available.

I sussed it but im not sure how! i charged it up to 100% then took it off charge but did not connect it to the phone and it lost 1% per hour which is what everyone else was getting so i reinstalled the wear app on the phone and restarted the phone and in 13 Hours it lost 13% charge which is perfect.i cant be sure waht it was but something was in constant communication with my watch so it was severly draining the battery.i am going to test some differant apps to find out which ones do affect the battery life drastically but as it stands i have got it to work the way it should:laugh::good: