Splashtop THD Available now!

Search This thread

DeKubus

Nov 30, 2011
Thanks for the info, just bought it!

EDIT: 'Splashtop Streamer does not support applications which need to run in full screen mode now. Please switch to windowed mode.'

...are you friggin kidding me?

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2012
As far as i heard, it yet only works with Skyrim?!
I also heard that u need a nvidia gpu in order to get it working...

/fail imo

dpwhitty11

Aug 15, 2010
Houston, TX
As far as i heard, it yet only works with Skyrim?!
I also heard that u need a nvidia gpu in order to get it working...

/fail imo
I have an HD 6XXX series and it works just fine.
Except that Skyrim runs like ****. It works, but it's utter ****. Mouse has a sensitivity that's over 9000, and using an xbox 360 controller only works to look around.

Thanks for the info, just bought it!

EDIT: 'Splashtop Streamer does not support applications which need to run in full screen mode now. Please switch to windowed mode.'

...are you friggin kidding me?

I know.... Pisses me off. Left a 1 star review for a delivery of lies.

DeKubus

Nov 30, 2011
I posted this in the other thread, but, just to make sure everyone sees it:

Full-screen support works if you have a NVIDIA GPU that doesn't use Optimus switching functionality. This was actually done a while ago, and works with all versions of Splashtop (regular, HD, THD). You can read about it here.

NOWHERE in the description of the app does it state you NEED a NVIDIA Card to have certain features, just that these cards are recommended. Last product I bought from Splashtop, ever.

Last edited:

tim.tahtinen

Jun 3, 2010
Olney, IL
www.techadhd.com
NOWHERE in the description of the app does it state you NEED an NVidia Card to have certain features, just that these cards are recommended. Last product I bought from Splashtop, ever.

If you look closely, the THD description says nothing about playing full-screen 3D games. That's a feature that's supported by Splashtop Streamer, because it's the piece actually collecting the data from the computer. I imagine there's some sort of low-level tie-in that has to be done on the graphics card to support this high-quality, low-latency video that they're pulling.

If ATI wanted to, they could probably get Splashtop to offer the same level of support with their cards. Who knows, at this point, if they have, or if Splashtop is exclusively in NVIDIA's pocket.

DeKubus

Nov 30, 2011
If you look closely, the THD description says nothing about playing full-screen 3D games. That's a feature that's supported by Splashtop Streamer, because it's the piece actually collecting the data from the computer. I imagine there's some sort of low-level tie-in that has to be done on the graphics card to support this high-quality, low-latency video that they're pulling.

If ATI wanted to, they could probably get Splashtop to offer the same level of support with their cards. Who knows, at this point, if they have, or if Splashtop is exclusively in NVIDIA's pocket.

Don't know anything about the implementation, but my guess is the Streamer emulates a monitor to fetch the data from the graphics card. At least that's the way I would do things if I had to implement such a software. Any card is capable of doing that. My guess is it is really an exclusivity thing with NVIDIA.

Oh and btw, I never planned on playing any fancy 3D games, I think the task I need Splashtop to perform could be handled even by my good old Riva TNT :)

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011

Full-screen support works if you have a NVIDIA GPU that doesn't use Optimus switching functionality. This was actually done a while ago, and works with all versions of Splashtop (regular, HD, THD). You can read about it here.

little slow on understanding this.
Have a Asus N53SN that have Nvidia GT550M and the Intel HD optimus thing.

If i want to make splashtop work best should i some way kill,turn off the intel graphics and make the computer only run on the GT550M? Or can i make it so when i connect to splashtop it switch from Intel HD to GT550M?

redandblack1287

Jan 19, 2010
So I have an nvidia gtx 260m on my laptop, and so far this app works extremely well for everything I've tried. They need to make the mouse and prime keyboard work better before you can really use it for gaming, but I played League of Legends in full screen and it actually works pretty well. I used my mouse and keyboard connected to my computer, and it was completely playable, so hopefully once they get the input stuff figured out and add some game profiles, this will be a pretty sweet app if you have an nvidia card already. I also played stepmania some, but that didn't go nearly as well, haha...

Khyrdantai

Jul 21, 2011
I just tried it out, runs like sh*t. However I'm guessing the computer and tablet both have to be sitting directly next to the router, or at least in the same room.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va

I know..we already have a thread further along on new splashtop. lol oh well..its a great app regardless.

rand4ll

Jan 16, 2011
little slow on understanding this.
Have a Asus N53SN that have Nvidia GT550M and the Intel HD optimus thing.

If i want to make splashtop work best should i some way kill,turn off the intel graphics and make the computer only run on the GT550M? Or can i make it so when i connect to splashtop it switch from Intel HD to GT550M?

Your computer should only be using one of these anyways. Why would you ever use your Intel integrated graphics over a dedicated card? Should disable the Intel one so you can free up whatever ram it has partitioned off for itself.

MirQoo

Feb 5, 2009
skyrim with logitech f310 controller works like charm. fps could be better (on desktop i have around 80fps and on laptop its around 20 i would say, from the looks of it), but its playable.

jyan_osu

Jan 13, 2007
I posted this in the general thread but..

So my setup is a i7 2600K with a Gigabyte Z68 motherboard with onboard video connections to take advantage of the Intel HD graphics of the i7 chip. I have a GeForce GTX 580 video card and a dual monitor setup. Couldn't for the life of me get full screen Skyrim working and someone here said that only window mode was supported and that they used a borderless mod..

So I tried unplugging the second monitor. That didn't work. Tried reinstalling drivers on my Windows 7 64-bit machine. That didn';t work.. Contacted Splashtop and they suggested me disabling the Intel graphics option on the mobo. Did that and uninstalled the drivers.. Still windowed mode and Splashtop still didn't say Optimized for NVIDIA.. Then I got this email:

The settings for dual-display-chip case is a little complicated, we also experienced this on ASUS motherboard, not sure same as yours, please take as a reference.

1.check your motherboard, it should have a HDMI interface, attach another monitor with HDMI cable. This is the most important step to be able to utilize nvidia display. (in our case, nvidia display is not default used display)
2.exit Splashtop streamer from system tray
3.find Splashtop streamer program icon(not shortcut) from Windows Start menu, then right click on it
4.you can see a context menu pop-up, and a menu item/sub-menu like "execute by GPU processor.../..nvidia..."
5.by this way, you can see Optimize for Geforce enabled.

Please have a try.

So, I plugged in an HDMI cable from the motherboard to the second unplugged monitor. I rebooted and BAM, Splashtop says Optimized for NVIDIA now. I didn't have to do steps 2-5.

I connected with my Prime and loaded up Skyrim. Finally, it played full screen and it played really really well. No borderless mod, no windows.. It was true full screen.

I'm going to try it with my LTE hotspot next and try USB mouse later on.. but yes, you can get full screen gaming with the right setup and have it play really really well.

Uberjim

Sep 7, 2011
it must have changed as i can clearly see it states

Notice: This version is only compatible with NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 equipped tablets (Ice Cream Sandwich). To play Skyrim in FULL screen mode, you need a computer with NVIDIA GeForce graphics card or else the game can only be played in windowed view. Please visit http://bit.ly/ymiiFg for more details.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To be fair, he stated he had a laptop, as I pointed out earlier. Not to mention that he listed his hardware which consisted of laptop parts.

Yeah, my bad probably just overlooked it and apologize for missing that point. My assertion minus custom building yourself still stands however.
    Yes you are right about the settings menu.. Have been looking around there and have chosen to use the Nvidia card for Splashtop and always/all programs but it don't seems to go active when starting or connect to Splashtop.

Maybe I over looking things or how I should say and Splashtop and my computer works like it should?
    and my bad English doesn't directly helps when trying to explain.

- Computer is on = Intel HD
    - Starting Splashtop streamer on computer = Intel HD still runs
    - Starting THD on Prime and connect it to my Computer = Intel HD still runs.
    - Starting a game that i get to run in windowed mode = Nvidia graphics kicks in and run.
    - Ending game = Back to Intel HD

In windows device manager i can inactive the Intel HD, and If I do so my computer screen goes black, and It indicate that it runs on Nvidia card and Splashtop still works on Prime so i can use Prime to activate Intel HD again so I get the computer screen going again.

Am i Asking for to much if i want it to run on Nvidia card when i just browsing or typing and not playing games?

And are there any way to make all games on the computer to open I windowed mode so it can be played using Splashtop?

@rand4ll
    Sorry for overreacting and that I maybe read,understood what you wrote the wrong way.

No problem at all man. And I apologize that I didn't know English wasn't your first language as you speak it well and now knowing that I can see how my statements were misconstrued.

Can you post a screenshot of your device manager screen with display adapter section expanded? I don't know why a computer would ever simultaneously use onboard and dedicated graphics at the same time. You should be able to drive your laptop screen with either without issue.

Let me see a screenshot and we can try to go from there. My next suggestion would probably be to update your driver for the geforce card and see if you can set it to drive your laptop screen so you can completely disable your Intel integrated.
    Ok few simple solutions to try here,

1.In the bios you should have a choice of setting the card to dedicated only (meaning the nvidia card)
    2.also in the Nvidia control panel theres a option to disable the power saving features of optimus, and make the system use just the dedicated only
    3. If you cannot find these options after updating to latest drivers, goto the manage 3d settings tab then program setting profiles and make a new profile for the splashtop streamer app by clicking add and browsing to the splashtop exe then find the settings for which cuda gpu to use, also set power management to max performance and change any other options you find to use the dedicated card
    Splashtop THD have been updated. Looks that they changed the name to, or have it said Gamepad before?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.splashtop.remote.pad.thd&feature=search_result

v1.0.1.5
    #Supports more games:
    Skyrim
    PES2012
    WOW
    DiabloIII
    Civilization V
    Portal 2
    #Improve external mouse and keyboard support
    #Hide/show on-screen game maneuver