Why doesn't America get the "best" smartphones?

Search This thread

kc_exactly

Oct 21, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Hey, this is directed to the original post.

What do you mean we don't have the best? We have the iPhone, do we not?

Sent from the guy who will never buy Klipsch again.

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
Pffft bush was a puppet. im a capitalist and ill say that. im a ron paul follower. anyway its the rich in an abstract chaotic global market that put limits to keep market competetition as fair as possible so one company doesnt monopolize.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

All presidents are puppets they just do and say as the goverment allows them 2.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Blacklabel84

Mar 6, 2012
Levant
Yeah its called checks and balances. The people are the government. It stops being our.gov when the individual forgets they are their own sovereign. gov needz to put more money into the courts...

Reactions: d12unk13astard
N

Nabbu

Hey, this is directed to the original post.

What do you mean we don't have the best? We have the iPhone, do we not?

Sent from the guy who will never buy Klipsch again.

I wouldn't proclaim Iphone as the "best" phone on a E4GT forum...you might lose some fingers typing that in more than once! :p
But seriously though I don't think the Iphone is that bad but they definitely are holding back the phone with it's high prices and over simplification.
I love my touch 4G because it has a sense of, "oooh dang this thing FEELS expensive", and the iphone gives me more of a, "this is pretty good but it also feels like an old jagged edge phone..", aren't the new phone supposed to include user hand comfort and the ability to grip it properly? ;)
That's why the Gnex is the "smarter" phone out right now..it just feels better and it works very well. :D

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Have you ever seen the back of a 20 dollar bill on weeeeeeed ......

When your baked out of your mind half baked Is a hilarious freaking movie...

And the epic touch was the best sgs2 even better than international has bigger screen and same Exynos CPU ....none of the other 4g got Exynos.... Now the sgs3 maybe it will get the a15 dual core and kick the Mess out of the quad core a9 in the intentional version

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is a reason and it has to do with economics and market zones. Each country has a technology release date according to current standards of tech at the time and how much the manufacturer wants to pay the government to put its higher tech out in order to get first dibs on the crazed tech fans money. Its all part of interventionism capitalism. If that is even a term. Of course there are other variables but this is A main reason among many.

The only reason the one X in America didn't get the quad core was because the current tegra 3 chipset doesn't support LTE. Don't hold my word to it though... :)
    If not bush then ... the Jews?
    :rolleyes:
    Loool jk fellas

As a former Jew, I support this wholeheartedly.
    The other variables are the standards. Europe and most of asia doesn't use our types of networks and radio bands. The only company that uses anything remotely like the rest of the world is ATT and their bands (which is why most people can use unlocked phones on ATT just fine).

Here we have two different CDMA carriers (sprint + verizon) with different 4g standards (wimax vs lte and soon LTE vs LTE on different frequencies) and two different GSM carriers with different base bands (standard bands on ATT while Tmobile uses different ones).

The rest of the world is pretty standardized so that's why it's so fast and easy to release the int'l versions....

Also the carriers don't have enough power or will to tamper with the phones in order to "differentiate" like our carriers because they have to actually COMPETE with each other unlike america..............(look at foreign phone plan prices compared to ours and how fast "3g" is...)