SUDDEN/UNTIMELY Death of my Xperia Z1

Search This thread

ermond012

Jul 6, 2013
Malabon City
It looks like my phone is dead. I had it checked on repair store and they tried to reprogram and sort of downgrade the OS but unfortunately they weren't able to. Same thing happened. The second repair store said that the back panel has to be opened to check the internal of the phone but I didn't agree to do that.

I'm still trying to charge it today when I got home but still the same no LED light while charging. This is very frustrating as I spent a lot money to have this phone and didn't last for 2 months. Very disappointed. I will never, ever buy from an OL shop again. The warranty is void when I upgraded the OS as per the retailer so no replacement happened. Now I don't have enough money to buy a new one. Have to save up again and will take a couple of months to buy one.

Disappointment.

matikl

Feb 3, 2012
Tartu
It looks like my phone is dead. I had it checked on repair store and they tried to reprogram and sort of downgrade the OS but unfortunately they weren't able to. Same thing happened. The second repair store said that the back panel has to be opened to check the internal of the phone but I didn't agree to do that.

I'm still trying to charge it today when I got home but still the same no LED light while charging. This is very frustrating as I spent a lot money to have this phone and didn't last for 2 months. Very disappointed. I will never, ever buy from an OL shop again. The warranty is void when I upgraded the OS as per the retailer so no replacement happened. Now I don't have enough money to buy a new one. Have to save up again and will take a couple of months to buy one.

Disappointment.

Sorry to read that.

Same happened to me yesterday. I was flashing new firmware and after unplugging from computer phone did not start anymore. Charged overnight, but no. It seems completely dead.

Meni30

Nov 29, 2013
Sorry to read that.

Same happened to me yesterday. I was flashing new firmware and after unplugging from computer phone did not start anymore. Charged overnight, but no. It seems completely dead.

Tons of XZ1 dead and sony dont care they simply want our monney thats all i think its time to say goodbye to sony after over 10 years SE fan boy !

ermond012

Jul 6, 2013
Malabon City
Sorry to read that.

Thanks for taking your time in reading this post. Disappointed right? Huge amount of money spent for this but then this is what we get. Though I'm still somehow hoping that it will still get revived. Did Sony let us down?

ermond012

Jul 6, 2013
Malabon City
Tons of XZ1 dead and sony dont care they simply want our monney thats all i think its time to say goodbye to sony after over 10 years SE fan boy !

My mistake is I bought mine from an OL shop here in the Philippines, not from a Sony or Xperia store. I still love Sony, I still want a Z1 but to be honest right now I'm not that 100% sure if I'm gonna buy another one. Though there's no other option out there for me outside Sony aside from Apple (I guess).

Reactions: Nemeziz 56th

Vippo321

Jan 25, 2010
Nové Zámky
You guys experimenting with different firmwares, and if you brick your phones you blame it on Sony ? I don´t know if is something like that there for Qualcomm chips but I liked on my Tegra devices that I could restore even a hard bricked device with Nvflash...

omegahanggara

Jan 28, 2013
Jakarta
double-dragon.blogspot.com
Thanks for that. I will post there. Hope they could somehow help me on this.

Looks like your boot partition has been wiped. That's where kernel is stored. Without kernel, your device won't boot, neither recognize any plugged in cable (USB to computer either Charger).

They're two ways to solve this.
Claim your warranty to change your motherboard.
Find someone who know to revive dead Xperia Z1.

Hope this help.

B1nny

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2008
Looks like your boot partition has been wiped. That's where kernel is stored. Without kernel, your device won't boot, neither recognize any plugged in cable (USB to computer either Charger).

They're two ways to solve this.
Claim your warranty to change your motherboard.
Find someone who know to revive dead Xperia Z1.

Hope this help.

That is not true. Without a kernel you should still be able to boot into fastboot mode (bootloader) or into flashmode and be able to reflash your device.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Fiso

Dec 21, 2013
JTAG the phone should work but it requires a pro and since it's a new phone I highly doubt that there's any one out there who can do that you might have to wait also you will lose warranty permanently since it requires them opening your phone and soldering. Or send to Sony and pay whatever price they ask for to get it fixed.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

ermond012

Jul 6, 2013
Malabon City
You guys experimenting with different firmwares, and if you brick your phones you blame it on Sony ? I don´t know if is something like that there for Qualcomm chips but I liked on my Tegra devices that I could restore even a hard bricked device with Nvflash...

Just so you know my phone isn't rooted or anything. I didn't do anything with it aside from updating it to JB 4.3 via Sony Update Service. That's all. That's why I'm so disappointed on why this happened to me wherein I'm not doing anything in it. It's perfectly usable before this happened.

Vippo321

Jan 25, 2010
Nové Zámky
Just so you know my phone isn't rooted or anything. I didn't do anything with it aside from updating it to JB 4.3 via Sony Update Service. That's all. That's why I'm so disappointed on why this happened to me wherein I'm not doing anything in it. It's perfectly usable before this happened.

Man than I am sorry fot that, but in your case I would probably send it back to Sony repair center for a warranty repair. I don´t know how it is in your country but I think in every normal country is the manufacturer responsible for the warranty and not the seller, so you even don´t need to contact the company from where you bought your phone, just send it back to the nearest sony repair center and they will repair your device. And if its needed, then don´t say that the phone died after update, just say them that the phone died by itself from nothing...

ermond012

Jul 6, 2013
Malabon City
Man than I am sorry fot that, but in your case I would probably send it back to Sony repair center for a warranty repair. I don´t know how it is in your country but I think in every normal country is the manufacturer responsible for the warranty and not the seller, so you even don´t need to contact the company from where you bought your phone, just send it back to the nearest sony repair center and they will repair your device. And if its needed, then don´t say that the phone died after update, just say them that the phone died by itself from nothing...

Yeah man, that's what I will actually today. I'll go to the nearest Sony Service Centre and have it check. Yep I'd say that I haven't upgraded it yet to 4.3. Service fee would be fine since it's not from a Sony store. As long as it will be revived it's fine with me. That is actually my last hope.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Don't blame Sony for that.

First off all - Mercedes sometimes have faulty cars, of course Sony has too but blame whole system for that won't get you nowhere.

If you had flashed custom kernels or ROMs this things could happen...

For all others - if you aren't sure what are you doing don't try to unlock bootloader or root your device...
Wait for a few weeks/months and we'll have better solution...

All devs here warned you - 4.3 on Z1 is new and every ROM and kernel or root method is in test phase...

It's ridiculous to blame Sony for flashing custom stuff and brake you device...

If you haven't then there's no reason not to use your waranty rights...

No matter where did you bought your device you have to have waranty!

Sent from my Z1

ermond012

Jul 6, 2013
Malabon City
Don't blame Sony for that.

First off all - Mercedes sometimes have faulty cars, of course Sony has too but blame whole system for that won't get you nowhere.

If you had flashed custom kernels or ROMs this things could happen...

For all others - if you aren't sure what are you doing don't try to unlock bootloader or root your device...
Wait for a few weeks/months and we'll have better solution...

All devs here warned you - 4.3 on Z1 is new and every ROM and kernel or root method is in test phase...

It's ridiculous to blame Sony for flashing custom stuff and brake you device...

If you haven't then there's no reason not to use your waranty rights...

No matter where did you bought your device you have to have waranty!

Sent from my Z1

No flashing of files or rooting or whatever happened. Updated to 4.3 via SUS. That's all. That's why like I said I'm kinda upset as I didn't do anything other than upgrading the OS to 4.3 via SUS then this sudden death happened.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
No flashing of files or rooting or whatever happened. Updated to 4.3 via SUS. That's all. That's why like I said I'm kinda upset as I didn't do anything other than upgrading the OS to 4.3 via SUS then this sudden death happened.

I know, I was referring to all others who had.
But what's wrong with your waranty then?
If you updated via official Sony apps and programs?

Sent from my Z1

ermond012

Jul 6, 2013
Malabon City
I know, I was referring to all others who had.
But what's wrong with your waranty then?
If you updated via official Sony apps and programs?

Sent from my Z1

As per the man I talked to when I went into the store the warranty is voided when I updated my OS to 4.3. I can only use the service warranty if I don't do ANY modification of OS or whatever on the phone even if it's from PCC or SUS. Stupid policy.

Meni30

Nov 29, 2013
As per the man I talked to when I went into the store the warranty is voided when I updated my OS to 4.3. I can only use the service warranty if I don't do ANY modification of OS or whatever on the phone even if it's from PCC or SUS. Stupid policy.

Dont tell em that u have upgraded the OS they wont figure it out because they need to change the whole mainboard ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My mistake is I bought mine from an OL shop here in the Philippines, not from a Sony or Xperia store. I still love Sony, I still want a Z1 but to be honest right now I'm not that 100% sure if I'm gonna buy another one. Though there's no other option out there for me outside Sony aside from Apple (I guess).
    Did Sony let us down?

Try Sony forum, they might be able to help you.

Regards,
    ~J2C