[Q] upgrading to mj9 firmware

Search This thread

jdlaser

Jun 24, 2011
Huntington Beach CA
I am currently running jellybeans ver21 on android 4.1.2. Can I just use odin and upgrade the MJ9 firmware then wipe and load new roms using the newest firmware or do I have to go back to stock first?

EddieK23

Apr 25, 2014
I am currently running jellybeans ver21 on android 4.1.2. Can I just use odin and upgrade the MJ9 firmware then wipe and load new roms using the newest firmware or do I have to go back to stock first?

From what I read (because I have the MJ9), having 4.1.2 with MJ9 can either cause messy problems with some apps and sms/mms/calls/data/etc. or works perfectly fine (usually when you flash a custom ROM).

I haven't done it myself but you're more than welcome to do a complete backup of everything on your phone and flash MJ9.
Best of luck to you.

Reactions: jdlaser
Jun 16, 2012

I went from 4.1.2 and Beans 22. I flashed mj9 with Odin, booted immediately in to recovery and then flashed Alliance 26. It's working perfectly.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: jdlaser

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

From what I read (because I have the MJ9), having 4.1.2 with MJ9 can either cause messy problems with some apps and sms/mms/calls/data/etc. or works perfectly fine (usually when you flash a custom ROM).

I haven't done it myself but you're more than welcome to do a complete backup of everything on your phone and flash MJ9.
    Best of luck to you.

I went from 4.1.2 and Beans 22. I flashed mj9 with Odin, booted immediately in to recovery and then flashed Alliance 26. It's working perfectly.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app