[Q] Verizon S3 with 4.1.1 version

Search This thread

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
I went to the recovery and formatted the data partition, this gave me pretty much everything back. I know have the whole sdcard partition back (25.2 gB out of 26 gB, I am guessing the other 6 gB go to the system), but still can not access it from the phone, only from the recovery panel.

Yea the rest of the 6gb does go to the system itself. Just like on the 16gb version which most have there's around 11gb available even before installing a rom

From my Wicked S3 running MIUI

enoxos

Apr 27, 2009
Yea the rest of the 6gb does go to the system itself. Just like on the 16gb version which most have there's around 11gb available even before installing a rom

fantastic, thank you so much, I gave you as many thanks I was allowed (only 8 per day lol). Anyway, last question, do you recommend re-installing apps and data with Titanium?

Reactions: ShapesBlue

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
fantastic, thank you so much, I gave you as many thanks I was allowed (only 8 per day lol). Anyway, last question, do you recommend re-installing apps and data with Titanium?

Ask as many questions as you want, there's no limit. Just apps. Data tends to cause issues with a lot of people, some people report no issues but there's more it seems that cause issues

enoxos

Apr 27, 2009
Ask as many questions as you want, there's no limit. Just apps. Data tends to cause issues with a lot of people, some people report no issues but there's more it seems that cause issues

got it, will try it with no data. I think I found out with I have no access to the sdcard0 folder, I just installed Titanium and it says that I don't have root privileges which is pathetic since you must have root access to install a ROM.

Is this something that happens too all th time and if yes, how do I get the root access back?

thanks a bunch

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
got it, will try it with no data. I think I found out with I have no access to the sdcard0 folder, I just installed Titanium and it says that I don't have root privileges which is pathetic since you must have root access to install a ROM.

Is this something that happens too all th time and if yes, how do I get the root access back?

thanks a bunch

That's really odd... I've never seen that happen before. Honestly I don't know but I can look to see if there is a solution

Edit: found a solution, now let's see if it works. What root browser are you using? People have had luck with jrummys root browser on the play store. Make sure to grant it super user permissions

Last edited:

enoxos

Apr 27, 2009
That's really odd... I've never seen that happen before. Honestly I don't know but I can look to see if there is a solution

Edit: found a solution, now let's see if it works. What root browser are you using? People have had luck with jrummys root browser on the play store. Make sure to grant it super user permissions

Yes, I installed Root checker basic and it tells that the device does not have proper root access. What the hell? nothing goes smoothly, ever lol

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Yes, I installed Root checker basic and it tells that the device does not have proper root access. What the hell? nothing goes smoothly, ever lol

Weird. What recovery do you have again? Id try maybe reinstalling supersu if you use that? I can give you a link to the zip file

No worries, I've had similar issues before with certain roms

enoxos

Apr 27, 2009
Weird. What recovery do you have again? Id try maybe reinstalling supersu if you use that? I can give you a link to the zip file

No worries, I've had similar issues before with certain roms

clockworkmod 6.0.4.5, I think this is the latest.

re-installation of SuperSu fails wtf

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011

thanks a bunch

Go to Settings/About Phone/Build Number and tap until it unlocks Developer Options. Now, go into Developer options and enable Root access for "Apps and ADB." Ever since SuperUser was included in Settings, now this is the way to enable root on AOSP.

Or you could flash SuperSU in recovery when you flash the AOSP rom. I prefer to do this in addition to the above steps because I noticed some fickle behavior with certain root apps when I just use the built-in SU.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Go to Settings/About Phone/Build Number and tap until it unlocks Developer Options. Now, go into Developer options and enable Root access for "Apps and ADB." Ever since SuperUser was included in Settings, now this is the way to enable root on AOSP.

Or you could flash SuperSU in recovery when you flash the AOSP rom. I prefer to do this in addition to the above steps because I noticed some fickle behavior with certain root apps when I just use the built-in SU.

Thanks for the help slim. I knew about flashing supersu but I've never had many issues with root beyond flashing supersu in recovery. That fixed it each time for me at least

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Thanks for the help slim. I knew about flashing supersu but I've never had many issues with root beyond flashing supersu in recovery. That fixed it each time for me at least

Always here to help my friend. When I started having issues with Titanium Backup uninstalling system apps, I found out that flashing SuperSU was my solution. Been mostly smooth sailing for the last several months.

Reactions: ShapesBlue

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Always here to help my friend. When I started having issues with Titanium Backup uninstalling system apps, I found out that flashing SuperSU was my solution. Been mostly smooth sailing for the last several months.

Yea, trial and error for sure man. Didn't you switch to a new phone?

enoxos

Apr 27, 2009
thank you gentlemen, this morning I flashed the SuperSu and it worked. Got my root access back and I was able to finish everything.

On top of that, I also used Titanium to restore some of the apps with data and everything went smoothly.

The only thing that I did differently was NOT to restore sms/mms (did not really care about having them) and I used a backup of my contacts as an vcf data file that exported before i wiped and flashed a new ROM.

So the phone works like a champ now, it had been restarting for a month without a cause.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Generally, you have to run the verizon OTA upgrades in order. This means you need to run 4.1.2, then the others before you can get to 4.4. Running the OTA upgrade should preserve your apps along the way. However, note that anything after 4.1.2 (aka MF1) will lock the bootloader, which will prevent you from running any custom ROMs and kernels in the future. Also note that there have been reports of battery life issues with the Verizon version of KitKat... take that with a grain of salt, but be aware of it.

For what it's worth, I'm still running 4.1.2 unlocked and rooted... there are no TW KK ROMs available yet for this phone, but you can run AOSP or other KK versions.

thanks a bunch

thank you gentlemen, this morning I flashed the SuperSu and it worked. Got my root access back and I was able to finish everything.

On top of that, I also used Titanium to restore some of the apps with data and everything went smoothly.

The only thing that I did differently was NOT to restore sms/mms (did not really care about having them) and I used a backup of my contacts as an vcf data file that exported before i wiped and flashed a new ROM.

So the phone works like a champ now, it had been restarting for a month without a cause.
    yes, it looks exactly like the picture you posted. I can access the sdcard0 (which has the 18 gb of old stuff in there) from the recovery when i point to where the zip is for installation of the new ROM. Should I just delete them from there, if I can?

I would try to yes. I looked at mine and sdcard0 and emulated are exact copies of each other at least on mine they are. I'd be very careful deleting files...