[ROM][4.4.2][Official] Infamous Open Kang Project [N8013/N8000]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xX_Nexus_Xx

Jan 4, 2012
Re: [ROM][4.2.2] AOKP MR1 Kang Project [n8000/10/13] 20130218

FC when changing the navigation bar ring content!

I tried to change the number of nav ring targets and to assign apps... But from this onward I get ongoing UI FC's ...I was not able to reset to original setting ...and had to reinstall the entire ROM

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD

Jamison904

Jun 9, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida

Good to know. Ill look into it tonight. I also noticed the assigning targets does not stick. I am looking at this as well. As for tethering I know the S3 series is having issues as well. I am testing a cherry pick and it seems to have fixed it but not sure if I can apply it here. Will have to modify it and it is also kernel based so there it that... the kernel that builds with this has a bug that I am trying to find that causes it to stick at 200 MHz and won't let you change the frequency. So since I ported AOKP to these devices there isn't anyone else working on it so it might take a few for me to figure it out alone.

Sent from my dark hole called an office.

Reactions: TexasRules777

TweakerL

Oct 6, 2010
Rosedale, MD
It's just an apk i install, but i think when it opens it installs libs needed for it to work. I saw music fx installed with this rom and i've only used it with roms that come with dsp manager. Maybe it has something to do with music.fx? I deleted it like i do with dsp manager (root explorer) but what's different when i go into settings then sound i don't have a music effects section to check. When i install it in a rom that comes with dsp manager i can click on music effects and it opens up noosxoide. Here's the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noozxoidelabs.eizo.rewirepro&hl=en Thanks for checking, i even did a fresh wipe and tried again but when i move the eq toggles the sound just decreases and bass isn't strong.

Read the instructions: Noozxoide is supposed to be flashed, not just installed...

Reactions: TexasRules777

TexasRules777

Jun 13, 2010
Austin,TX

Read the instructions: Noozxoide is supposed to be flashed, not just installed...

Yea but it works perfectly by just installing the apk, delete DSP manager in root explorer and rebooting. Bass adjusts properly as well as the eq. Maybe it has something to do with the leftover audio lib files from DSP manager? I'll give the other version a shot and see if that works. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app

Dsmforlife92

Feb 4, 2011
Carson City

Is there any way to turn speaker volume up it lower then stock for me thanks

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda premium

Reactions: Paulx10

xX_Nexus_Xx

Jan 4, 2012

Good to know. Ill look into it tonight. I also noticed the assigning targets does not stick. I am looking at this as well. As for tethering I know the S3 series is having issues as well. I am testing a cherry pick and it seems to have fixed it but not sure if I can apply it here. Will have to modify it and it is also kernel based so there it that... the kernel that builds with this has a bug that I am trying to find that causes it to stick at 200 MHz and won't let you change the frequency. So since I ported AOKP to these devices there isn't anyone else working on it so it might take a few for me to figure it out alone.

Sounds promising! ... Looking forward to get the tethering and navbar rings working.. Thank you for the help!!

An additional issue I realized is when using the pen (e.g with papyrus) I have to keep my hand of the screen...as soon the hand lays in the screen no more pen writing is possible.... This was possible with cm10.1 based versions

Jamison904

Jun 9, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida

Yea but it works perfectly by just installing the apk, delete DSP manager in root explorer and rebooting. Bass adjusts properly as well as the eq. Maybe it has something to do with the leftover audio lib files from DSP manager? I'll give the other version a shot and see if that works. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app

This would be the exact reason. DSP doesn't come with this ROM as of yet. (Not sure if I am going to add it yet or not.) That being said, the required libs are nit included with the ROM to make it work. This is why other times when you deleted DSP and just installed the apk it worked just fine. Have you tried flashing the zip?
let me know

Is there any way to turn speaker volume up it lower then stock for me thanks

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda premium

I saw an open commit that says it fixes this. Ill cherry pick in and test it out.

Sounds promising! ... Looking forward to get the tethering and navbar rings working.. Thank you for the help!!

An additional issue I realized is when using the pen (e.g with papyrus) I have to keep my hand of the screen...as soon the hand lays in the screen no more pen writing is possible.... This was possible with cm10.1 based versions

Left me tab at home so I will try and recreate it and go from there. Sounds like adjusting the driver should take care of that but won't know until I try.

TexasRules777

Jun 13, 2010
Austin,TX
This would be the exact reason. DSP doesn't come with this ROM as of yet. (Not sure if I am going to add it yet or not.) That being said, the required libs are nit included with the ROM to make it work. This is why other times when you deleted DSP and just installed the apk it worked just fine. Have you tried flashing the zip?
let me know

Yea the zip from the xda thread actually seemed to work. I've only ever used the one from the market so i didn't know the other one installed it's own lib files.

xX_Nexus_Xx

Jan 4, 2012

The selection of tiles for the quick settings is different from cm10.1... Lot of useful tiles are missing ..is there a reason for that?

dayr

Apr 22, 2012
I just discovered that multiwindow project for AOSP. I really need multiwindow, but I love AOKP (all my other devices use it ). If they work on it and you add it, this will be my next rom :D

Last edited:

Jamison904

Jun 9, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I just discovered that multiwindow project for AOSP. I really need multiwindow, but I love AOKP (all my other devices use it ). If they work on it and you add it, this will be my next rom :D

Are you talking about cornerstone? If so it has been around for longer the Samsung has had multi window capabilities. It is open source and I have been thinking about attempting to add it. But if I do it will part of a long time stable build instead of dailies. It all depends, if this project really takes off then yes I will

Jamison904

Jun 9, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida

Yes there is a working build. Go over to Robs Tenderloin (HP touch pad) AOKP build. But it is something you have to add to your source and then build it. You are right that it isn't complete so if anyone was to attempt to get it to work a lot of manual code will be needed. That's why I am not making any promises

dayr

Apr 22, 2012
Yes there is a working build. Go over to Robs Tenderloin (HP touch pad) AOKP build. But it is something you have to add to your source and then build it. You are right that it isn't complete so if anyone was to attempt to get it to work a lot of manual code will be needed. That's why I am not making any promises

Didn't know there was already a working build :)

It's not like I am trying to put presure on you. I know it's new, not finished, delicate, and not easy to introduce in the rom. Just that last time I check it, it did'nt work yet on Android 4.x and it seemed abandoned. And since I got my Note 10.1, I was missing AOKP :p So when I read the news about it in this topic, it was a "OMG!!! Maybe, in a future, Note+MultiWindow+AOKP :fingers-crossed: :highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::fingers-crossed::highfive::victory::laugh:"
hahaha

Last edited:

xX_Nexus_Xx

Jan 4, 2012

Didn't know there was already a working build :)

It's not like I am trying to put presure on you. I know it's new, not finished, delicate, and not easy to introduce in the rom. Just that last time I check it, it did'nt work yet on Android 4.x and it seemed abandoned. And since I got my Note 10.1, I was missing AOKP :p So when I read the news about it in this topic, it was a "OMG!!! Maybe, in a future, Note+MultiWindow+AOKP :fingers-crossed: :highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::fingers-crossed::highfive::victory::laugh:"
hahaha

I support Note+MultiWindow+AOKP +handwriting recognition:fingers-crossed: :highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::fingers-crossed::highfive::victory::laugh:

Robdyx

Jun 15, 2010
Llangréu
Google Pixel 6 Pro
+1 on this. It's interesting this feature war between Baked Beans and AOKPKP, really want to see how it turns out.

The first to properly implement palm rejection will win this round :p

P.D.: Maybe I'll adopt this as new oversized signature :fingers-crossed::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::fingers-crossed::highfive::victory::laugh:

TexasRules777

Jun 13, 2010
Austin,TX

Hey don't know if this has happened to anyone else but flashing the ultimate gapps caused me to get a "unfortunately android aosp keyboard has stopped working". I did do a dirty flash of the update and then the gapps. Using your other gapps package worked though.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Premium HD app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IOKPBanner.png

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

By using the rom you agree with the above terms!

Q & A Thread

We encourage you all to take non-development related questions to our Q & A thread. Thank you.

This is a group effort with @Mr Impossible, @mgbotoe and @Midnight_Rider so make sure to thank them! We are starting a whole new experiences. Infamous Open Kang Project! AOKP is our base then we are adding what we want. We plan on adding the newest and greatest stuff all while remaining stable for the perfect daily driver. Feel free to make suggestions and please let us know what you think. Thanks! :cool:

source2m_zps3a41db83.png

- Source can be found here: https://github.com/IOKP

- My source - Jamison904

- Mr Impossible source - mrimp

changelog2_zpse3e45d45.png

downloads4_zpse981e168.png

IOKP ROM - Download folder
    (link updated)

IOKP Gapps - Download folder

Standard Gapps - Download link

Code:
    Broken:

Found a bug?
    [URL=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1726238]Pull a log to help me help you[/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][4.3.1][Official] Infamous Open Kang Project [N8013/N8000]- Nov 10, 2013, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    Jamison904, MR Impossible
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2013-11-10
    Stable Release Date: 2013-11-10

Created 2013-11-10
    Last Updated 2013-11-18
    Working on getting you guys some 4.4 action.

Yes. Big ones! Spent all weekend working on it. Have to get the base right before I can work on the devices. On a lighter note I found something awesome that I will be adding in the next few days. Option in settings to turn the pointer on and off for S-pen. :thumbup::cool:

You can keep an eye on process on our github - https://github.com/IOKP-kitkat