What is wrong with my AT&T Galaxy s3 phone?

Search This thread

Dirovame

Jul 3, 2014
Hello,

A week ago I was watching the world cup on my s3, fell asleep, and woke up to a dead phone. Battery had around 70% left on it so I don't think its the battery. Tried every button combination to revive it with no luck. The phone is dead, isn't recognized by the computer, and I tried a different battery and still no luck.

When I plug it to my computer, a couple of times the computer would completely shut down but the charging red LED light would appear for a minute or two (with or without battery), then disappear. This is the only sign of life I get from the phone.

The phone is at&t but a friend of mine unlocked it for me so I could use it with t mobile. That is the only thing that I have done to the phone. I think after reading this forum an entire week I might have an impression as to what might be the problem, and it may that its hard bricked- if I am right.

I've scoured the internet for solutions, and none worked. I've tried the well-known microSD solution, and nothing happened. I bought a jig USB off eBay and it didn't work on my phone or even my brothers s3.

The phone is past warranty and the only thing that I have not done is send it for a JTAG service. But before I send it in, I want to exhaust every possible solution out there and hopefully save me $50!

Any--and I mean ANY--suggestions or helpful advice are appreciated.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Try taking the battery out and leaving it out all night? Then try booting directly to Download mode and Odin your stock ROM.

BTW, this is the Sprint S3 forum.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! ??? & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Reactions: joeyhdownsouth

Dirovame

Jul 3, 2014
Try taking the battery out and leaving it out all night? Then try booting directly to Download mode and Odin your stock ROM.

BTW, this is the Sprint S3 forum.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! ??? & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

I have tried this three times by leaving my battery out for 12 hrs and my phone remains a paperweight.

Top Liked Posts