Eugene's Ginger Clone R2 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

steelefriese

Oct 12, 2010
I have flashed Voodoo5 Jl4 with Gingerbread R2, my external sd card now will be launched as a CD ROM when I connect my Vibrant with my PC. I can only read storage of the external card but could not delete or write any files to it, does any one know how to deal with this?

I need help with this too
My computer wont acknowledge that my phone is plugged into the computer, and yes its mounted

benedict77

Dec 1, 2010
Lol sorry for confusing you! =X

I've done Odin without re-partition on countless times and never encountered a problem, even coming from a voodoo enabled rom. =D

Do what your heart tells you..follow your <3 lol [no homogenize]

[GC_R2 w/ JL4 Voodoo]

Follow my heart...uumm well...that's a new method.. the problem is I never fully trust what my heart say..lol..

Thanks mate.. wish me luck.:D

jmatic

Oct 9, 2010
Dallas, TX
Lol sorry for confusing you! =X

I've done Odin without re-partition on countless times and never encountered a problem, even coming from a voodoo enabled rom. =D

Do what your heart tells you..follow your <3 lol [no homogenize]

[GC_R2 w/ JL4 Voodoo]

I've done it too... I guess it converts to rfs anyway. Cuz when ODIN is running it says something about RFS... don't remember exactly what it says though. :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

rukawa2k

Oct 11, 2010
anyone having issue with mms? I tried to send one out but the other party could not receieve the picture.

mac1133

Sep 21, 2010
Had a problem with the messaging app today - could not send any messages out. Would get a messages could not be sent error. Only watched a movie on the phone and listened to music. I rebooted the phone and the problem went away

JWhipple

Jul 16, 2008
Melbourne, FL
I have my corp exchange mail setup on this ROM and I've noticed that even though I have it set to MANUAL updates, it acts as though it's set to PUSH.

Anyone else seeing something similar?

All in all, I absolutely LOVE this ROM. The item above is my only concern - FANTASTIC WORK Eugene!

junglerumble

Jul 28, 2010
Will there be problems installing this with rom manager? Just rooted and got in the flashing game yesterday. Running nero v1 now and although I love it, the battery life is horrible. How's battery on this one?

iynfynity

Sep 21, 2010
An app might be eating my battery, its really draining my batt life. Anyone having some bad battery life?

moises1204

Apr 16, 2010
is anybody having compass issues? because i am, every time i use Google map it says that the compass need calibration. but it does not happen with other roms.

survivor_evil

Jul 24, 2010
google maps doesnt work. I update it but after rebooting it shows I have the old version 4.7 installed. Another issue are the wireless connections. Every time I restart the phone all wireless connections are disabled

dasunsrule32

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Wonders how hard it would be to port this (Just the 5th bar) over to GB Clone 2.2 R2? I ran it for a bit and really liked having the 5th bar. :D /me is looking into it :)

Last edited:

a400meter

Aug 22, 2009
I am actually getting the best battery life I have ever gotten from the many roms I have flashed in the past. 14 hours lite use, still at 86%! Wiped to jfd via oden (twice), flashed r2 with stock IO kernel. Setcpu 200/1000. Only lost 2-3% during 7 hours of standby last night. For me rom is fast and stable. Will be driving this one for some time. Thanks eugene!

Only mods I have made are: added swype, flashed the alpha jl4 lockscreens/bootmenu on the TW site. Using Adw rather than stock launcher. Froze drm apps with titanium.

Just wanted to post my positive results!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Lo N Slo

Aug 19, 2010
Chicago Chicago
It is a bug in the version shipped, just:

Code:
rm /system/app/Maps.apk
Then download and install Google Maps from the Market. :)

Hey do we do this procedure? The whole rm/system/apps /maps.apk process? I can't just uninstall my maps from the settings, and im having that same issue where my updated maps vanished and old maps reappeared. I had the new maps for a day and it was awesome

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts