[HOW TO] [TUTORIAL] S3 Replace Cracked Glass Screen

Search This thread

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
Yes but it was not an issue until after I made the repair. I literally made the repair, powered it back up, charged and when I streamed it started.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

i would try a fullwipe (clean install) of a fresh rom and see if it still does it. If it does still make that noise you may have frayed the "speaker/audio out" wire/i.c. and its creating static (or in audio terms "noise")

civicvx94

Dec 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Does anyone here have problems with their touchscreen after replacing the glass?

I've turned on the developer setting to show touch points to make it easier to figure out.. It seems that it gets confused.. For example, if I pinch to zoom in on something and touch my fingers together, so the two touch points are on top each other and then take my hands off the screen, one touch point will remain and it will gitter in the middle of screen, making it nearly impossible to do anything.. To remedy it I just need to turn the screen off and back and everything is back to normal, but damn is it annoying.

Any tips on how to fix this? I think it has something to do with the glue layer that holds the glass on to the digitizer missing and the tiny gap causing the digitizer to read funky, but I have no idea. I'm just curious why this hasn't been mentioned anywhere.. One of my friends replaced his screen and has the exact same problem, so I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
Does anyone here have problems with their touchscreen after replacing the glass?

I've turned on the developer setting to show touch points to make it easier to figure out.. It seems that it gets confused.. For example, if I pinch to zoom in on something and touch my fingers together, so the two touch points are on top each other and then take my hands off the screen, one touch point will remain and it will gitter in the middle of screen, making it nearly impossible to do anything.. To remedy it I just need to turn the screen off and back and everything is back to normal, but damn is it annoying.

Any tips on how to fix this? I think it has something to do with the glue layer that holds the glass on to the digitizer missing and the tiny gap causing the digitizer to read funky, but I have no idea. I'm just curious why this hasn't been mentioned anywhere.. One of my friends replaced his screen and has the exact same problem, so I'm sure I'm not the only one.

no problems like that here, my screen works and looks fine. used "screen touch test" by cheapskate free from the market.

Last edited:

civicvx94

Dec 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Yeah I don't need any additional testing like that.. With the built in option to show touch points, it's very easy to see exactly what's going on. Also, that app doesn't support multi touch and that's really the only trigger for the spasms.

I'm able to get some LOCA 3M adhesive thru work and I'm pretty sure that's what Samsung uses stock (between the glass and the digitizer), I think I'm going to try it.

Good to know that you're not experiencing any issues tho.

Last edited:

jharper12

Dec 21, 2012
Replaced glass, looking for sunlight readability

Hello!
I replaced the glass, see below. Without it being completely glued to the digitizer/LCD though, it has TERRIBLE sunlight readability. It has also slowly developed glue dust in the corners of the screen between the glass and the digitizer/LCD. It looks good inside, but terrible outside. I mostly work outside, so I almost regret replacing the broken glass. Basically, I need to glue the entirety of the glass to the LCD, not just the edges as described in all of these online repair guides. What glue should I use, and how do I go about it? Again, the glass is secured to the screen with the glue from the outside edges already, but I really need the glass completely glued to the screen as it was when I removed the glass from the screen. Recommendations are definitely appreciated.

See below for my experience removing the glass. It happened without incident. I was totally unaware of the two connectors between the glass and the digitizer/screen... only place I could have potentially gone wrong, as I could have destroyed these if I wasn't being so cautious. NOTE: THERE ARE CONNECTORS UNDER THE GLASS FOR THE TWO TOUCH SENSITIVE BUTTONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN. DO NOT BREAK THESE WHILE REMOVING THE GLASS!!!

Thanks for taking the time to help folks replace their broken glass. I replaced mine without incident using a blow dryer. Speaking of which, I recommend creating a cone around your wife's/gf's/friend's/your blow dryer with a magazine cover to focus the air into a section the size of a nickle, that sped up the process for me. I also used a chair top and gaff tape to secure it in one place, and just left it running while slowly moving my phone. I went very slowly and the whole process only took about 45 minutes. Part of that time I was getting coffee while my chair/blow dryer/magazine cover machine was working. Ditto on the whole razor blade thing, I have a phone repair kit, and the plastic spanners (whatever you want to call them) were useless. I used a hotel notepad, razor blade, magazine cover, gaff tape, packing tape, blow dryer, cleaning cloth/q-tips and my brother's glasses cleaner to do the whole swap.

Hotel notepad - This was probably 4" x 8". I used one sheet of paper to slide between the broken glass and digitizer/LCD. I then would slide the cardboard backer on top, between the sheet and the broken glass to gain a bit of leverage to lift up the glass. I had shattered my front glass twice, it was wrecked, and I still managed to pull it all up in a single piece.

Razor blade - I used this to initially lift the edges of the glass, but then used the plastic spanners to hold that edge up as I continued working. You could use anything to serve the same purpose, guitar pick, your phone manual, an AOL online CD...

Magazine cover - taped over the blow dryer to focus the hot air into a small section. I would only melt and lift a small piece of glass at a time. I kept it from reattaching with paper and the plastic tools used like shims.

Gaff tape - used on blow dryer to secure magazine cover, and to tape the blow dryer to a chair. Any tape would work, I tried to avoid leaving residue on something that didn't belong to me.

Packing tape - this is the strong clear tape used in tape guns. I used this to keep the glass as one piece. I just stuck two pieces of tape over the glass.

Cleaning cloth and q-tips - used to remove the excess glue, etc from the digitizer/LCD. This took me as long as lifting up the glass. I wanted it perfect, but I'm now realizing perfection doesn't matter unless you find a way to glue the entire piece of glass down, not just the edges.

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
readability in the sunlight is fine for me and i just used the exisiting glue on the edges and wiped it all off between the glass and the digitizer. works fine for me in the sunlight. Are you on a custom rom? If you are make sure the light sensors work or just turn the birghtness all the way up on the screen. Once the brightness is up it looks fine to me in the sunlight.

civicvx94

Dec 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
readability in the sunlight is fine for me and i just used the exisiting glue on the edges and wiped it all off between the glass and the digitizer. works fine for me in the sunlight. Are you on a custom rom? If you are make sure the light sensors work or just turn the birghtness all the way up on the screen. Once the brightness is up it looks fine to me in the sunlight.

Custom roms and full wipes are not the end all solutions. I see these options suggested quite frequently for screen issues. Here's the situation, if it worked perfect prior to replacement and issues immediately after replacement, then my money is on hardware issue, to which there is no software solution.

I've done searching on other forums and quite a few people are experiencing issues to some degree, especially the multi-touch and high pressure situations I mentioned in my prior posting. I can only assume that this is due to the lack of adhesive between the glass and the digitizer and I'll assume that the poor visibility in sun light could be associated with this issue too. That adhesive isn't "just some glue", it's in fact state of the art material that normal consumers can't get, it's specially made for touch screen displays, such as the one on the SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, etc... IMO it's ignorant to assume everything would be "ok" without the glue, I thought that the whole time I peeled the glass off the screen.. Samsung and certain adhesive manufacturers didn't spend millions on r&d if it would have been "ok" without it.

That said.. after loads of searching, you can't just purchase that adhesive from any normal source, no one sells it in small quantities because the only companies who buy it (as far as I know) are huge manufacturers of touch screen displays. I happen to have a contact at a large adhesive supplier and have a 36yard roll of this optically clear adhesive in 1mil thickness, this is from the same company who supplies Samsung and HTC, being shipped to me as we speak, should have it by Monday at the latest. I'll be performing a couple tests over the next week or two with broken displays and glass before actually trying it on my phone, but if my hypothesis is correct and the adhesive fixes these issues, I'll make some of the extra material available for others.

jestr805

Dec 22, 2012
did the tape work

Custom roms and full wipes are not the end all solutions. I see these options suggested quite frequently for screen issues. Here's the situation, if it worked perfect prior to replacement and issues immediately after replacement, then my money is on hardware issue, to which there is no software solution.

I've done searching on other forums and quite a few people are experiencing issues to some degree, especially the multi-touch and high pressure situations I mentioned in my prior posting. I can only assume that this is due to the lack of adhesive between the glass and the digitizer and I'll assume that the poor visibility in sun light could be associated with this issue too. That adhesive isn't "just some glue", it's in fact state of the art material that normal consumers can't get, it's specially made for touch screen displays, such as the one on the SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, etc... IMO it's ignorant to assume everything would be "ok" without the glue, I thought that the whole time I peeled the glass off the screen.. Samsung and certain adhesive manufacturers didn't spend millions on r&d if it would have been "ok" without it.

That said.. after loads of searching, you can't just purchase that adhesive from any normal source, no one sells it in small quantities because the only companies who buy it (as far as I know) are huge manufacturers of touch screen displays. I happen to have a contact at a large adhesive supplier and have a 36yard roll of this optically clear adhesive in 1mil thickness, this is from the same company who supplies Samsung and HTC, being shipped to me as we speak, should have it by Monday at the latest. I'll be performing a couple tests over the next week or two with broken displays and glass before actually trying it on my phone, but if my hypothesis is correct and the adhesive fixes these issues, I'll make some of the extra material available for others.

So did you need the tape after all?

civicvx94

Dec 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
So did you need the tape after all?

The adhesive is very special and isn't exactly easy to get, I just got it in yesterday and haven't got around to testing anything yet. It'll probably be Monday before I can report back with results, but I definitely will.

Just wondering, have you replaced your glass and have it working good as new? No occasional glitches?

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010

reason i said it could be the rom(s) is because Its actually well known RANDOM bug for CM10 and 10.1 based roms about the touch/flicker/non response. you can use the below links for reference

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1846416
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1947738
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1956877

i would just recommend using a stock rom and see if it still happens

civicvx94

Dec 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
reason i said it could be the rom(s) is because Its actually well known RANDOM bug for CM10 and 10.1 based roms about the touch/flicker/non response. you can use the below links for reference

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1846416
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1947738
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1956877

i would just recommend using a stock rom and see if it still happens

Apples and oranges my friend... Those are ancient threads for different phones and are completely irrelevant to issues after screen replacement on the S3. Those aren't even large documented threads about ongoing CM10 issues..it's only a couple posts..from months ago..and one's for the Droid X2 and another on the Wildfire..The only thread for the s3 sounds like it was talking about gpu issues too..waaaay in left field on all links there.

I have an S3 on CM and an S3 on a TW based rom that both experience identical hardware issues after screen replacement. It is not a software problem. I would give you the "do a full wipe" argument (already done), but returning to stock won't fix anything that doing a full wipe wouldn't have fixed. While you may have the magic touch and don't have issues, I and other's do and it's most definitely not a software issue. FWIW, I'm not doubting that your s3 is fully functional after the replacement at all, I just want to make it clear that some people are experiencing issues afterwards that are obviously hardware related.

Also, come on man, the other guy was talking about screen glare, how can relate that to software?

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
Apples and oranges my friend... Those are ancient threads for different phones and are completely irrelevant to issues after screen replacement on the S3. Those aren't even large documented threads about ongoing CM10 issues..it's only a couple posts..from months ago..and one's for the Droid X2 and another on the Wildfire..The only thread for the s3 sounds like it was talking about gpu issues too..waaaay in left field on all links there.

I have an S3 on CM and an S3 on a TW based rom that both experience identical hardware issues after screen replacement. It is not a software problem. I would give you the "do a full wipe" argument (already done), but returning to stock won't fix anything that doing a full wipe wouldn't have fixed. While you may have the magic touch and don't have issues, I and other's do and it's most definitely not a software issue. FWIW, I'm not doubting that your s3 is fully functional after the replacement at all, I just want to make it clear that some people are experiencing issues afterwards that are obviously hardware related.

Also, come on man, the other guy was talking about screen glare, how can relate that to software?

even the newest nightly builds of CM10 (for S3) still have that RANDOM issue, however in your case like u say it may or may not be hardware, u wont know until u narrow it down by testing and eliminate the possibilities, i was just telling u about a possibility and letting u know about the CM10 bug. For example another quiet bug about CM10 and 10.1 would be MHL compatibility, however on stock TW ROM MHL works fine, they are just known bugs people just dont mention often and the screen flicker/touch freeze / sensitivity is one of them. However if u on stock TW and still experiencing problems u may be right, u wont know until u test and eliminate the possibilities, some people may think its the screen/hardware but just arent aware of the CM10 screen bug which is only reason i mentioned it.

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
i updated the OP with a couple more useful pictures pointing out the digitizer , ribbon, and screen. and pictures with the screen removed. hope it helps

Reactions: Panamon

tlittle12

Jan 1, 2013
a few tips from a non-pro

I just followed these instructions (after watching a few youtube videos) and successfully replaced my glass in about an hour. I am not a techy, I have never worked on a phone before, and surprisingly I found this to be relatively do-able with some patience, so thanks a bunch for helping people like me!! My screen is almost like new and no damage to the display.

Some things I found helpful:

- Use two hair dryers. Place one laying on the surface you are using, point it at your phone and leave it on (I turned this on one 4-5 minutes before I started working). Use the other to pinpoint areas you are working on.

- Instead of or in addition to the plastic tools, grab a credit card or other flat card (I used my Walgreen's membership card) and a guitar pick. I used these to slide smoothly under the glass instead of having to pry up with tools and the screen came off in one nice piece even despite the shatter.

Thanks again for all the help and tips!

mjeezy13947

Apr 19, 2010
Houston
Tried this and it works haven't noticed any issue with my screen response. $100 for gs3 with cracked screen $14 replacement glass $24 on heat gun which I'll return lol $1 on alcohol $4 on towels can't beat that

Honusnap

Feb 20, 2010
The adhesive is very special and isn't exactly easy to get, I just got it in yesterday and haven't got around to testing anything yet. It'll probably be Monday before I can report back with results, but I definitely will.

Just wondering, have you replaced your glass and have it working good as new? No occasional glitches?

... Seems pretty easy to find... this kind of film is called "OCA adhesive", Optically Clear Adhesive. It cost something like 7$ for an S3.

Reactions: brabbit640

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
Tried this and it works haven't noticed any issue with my screen response. $100 for gs3 with cracked screen $14 replacement glass $24 on heat gun which I'll return lol $1 on alcohol $4 on towels can't beat that

where did u find the cracked one for $100?

jwc3

Jan 16, 2013
I tried to replace my screen as close to the description as possible. I did use a blow dryer as my heating source. When I finished my screen now has a greenish tint to it. I am not sure if over heating the screen will cause this, or maybe when trying to remove the extra adhesive from the screen. If there are any ideas to fix this, then that would be great. I can remove this screen much easier than the first one since it isn't glued on.

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
I tried to replace my screen as close to the description as possible. I did use a blow dryer as my heating source. When I finished my screen now has a greenish tint to it. I am not sure if over heating the screen will cause this, or maybe when trying to remove the extra adhesive from the screen. If there are any ideas to fix this, then that would be great. I can remove this screen much easier than the first one since it isn't glued on.

hope that this might help http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1368591

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all i take no credit for this discovery or process. If anyone wants credit for this information just MSG me with a reference and i will be more than happy to add you. However i looked around and the information was all scattered so i figured i'de add it all in one easy to follow post. Most of the info i found was thru youtube and a couple of my own added ideas.

This is a how to remove , separate , and replace a cracked
    S3 screen from the digitizer by melting/softening the adhesive glue
    (in other words it is how to replace JUST THE GLASS)

Many people out there still say that the S3 's glass can not be separated from the digitizer and that the digitizer and glass but be bought "fused" together from OEM..this is not true. It can indeed be separated using the the process below and it will work just fine and be just as responsive as when you first bought the phone. Video Proof below.

PLEASE SEE THESE VIDEOS For screen removal from digitizer and Use as reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eneLvVe7DwE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZuiCsAtThw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJXXKOl7Nu8

The screen/glass part u are replacing looks like this
    (i know it doesn't look like it is glass but trust me it is glass, it is about as thin as 5 sheets of paper):

CVA6W.jpg

sICFr.jpg

video thanks to: marcustaz

This is how i replaced my screen and tools needed:

***Lots of Patience and carefulness *** (about 30 mins if u done before...about 60-90 mins if its your 1st time)

*** wear PROTECTIVE GOGGLES - EYE GLASSES (yes there is a HIGH POSSIBILITY that small glass shards may fly and glass in the eye is not fun)***

1) replacement screen - with no digitizer (exact pictures of what u need to buy are the pictures above..just match your color) ($25 USD aprox on Amazon - Cheaper on Ebay $18 USD) (The same screen fits all models just match the color...Samsung Galaxy S3 III T-mobile SGH-T999 / AT&T SGH-i747 / Verizon SCH-i535 / Sprint SPH-L710 / US Cellular SCH-R530 / GT-i9300)

2) exacto knife ($5 USD aprox)

3) heat gun ($20(harborfreight) for a cheapy....or $40 (homedepot) for a good one with adjustable heat)
    ***** HEAT IS CRITICAL, most people faill because they did not heat up the glass enough ( MUST BE around 180F)****

4) empty cereal box or cardboard calendar (or something similar that is comparable in sturdiness yet is "not too solid")

5) 90% rubbing alcohol ( $3.. make "damp" on a microfiber cloth or cotton ball (cotton-ball kinda makes a mess) removes any excess glue stuck to the digitizer)

6) microfiber cloth (available from .99 cent stores or dollar stores)

7) tweezers (.99 cent store ...or your moms/girlfriends/wife's beauty box..LoL)

OPTIONAL TOOLS BUT HELPS ALOT

*** an extra hand or two (1 or 2 more people helping is a big help)

*** laser thermometer (to make sure u do not overheat the phone, try to stay under 200F degrees with an average of about 180F degrees, slightly going over 200 does not hurt but i do not recommend)

*** thick leather gloves/welding gloves (prevents your hands from getting burned while someone else is heating the phone and maintaining the temp u can be easily removing the screen...at 180 degrees the glue and glass separate from the digitizer like BUTTER and the gloves protect you from getting burned by the heatgun!!!)

***Magnifying glass (to be able to make sure the glass fragments are completely removed from the digitizer so the new screen will sit flush)

*** thin latex/rubber gloves (when putting on the screen so there are no finger prints)

*** duck tape (hold glass together so it doesn't "fall apart" while removing)

Instructions on how i did it below:

Remove the battery , sim card, micro sdcard. Apply ductape or some kinda of good heat resistant tape to the top of the glass screen so the broken glass stays intact when removing. Put on your safety glasses/eye protection (believe me i highly recommend this regardless of how dorky you may look, if glass from the phone goes in your eye ...well you have been warned). Grab the exacto bladed and lightly apply pressure with it between the glass and the outer grey plastic trim and then outline the entire outer edge of the glass. Put on some heat resistant gloves (gloves that u wont feel the burn) Heat up your heatgun and heat the phones screen to around 180 Degrees Fahrenheit ...you can know the temp by using a laser thermometer (try not to go over 200 degrees). NOTE: U must remove the glass when its at around this temp, failure to do so will make it hard to remove the glass from the digitizer. Try to heat the entire phone evenly by using a "circular" or "side to side" type of motion when applying the heat. Find the outer edge of the glass and find a place in the corner to begin the removal. I recommend beginning on the top left side of the phone (where the S in SAMSUNG side of the corner) is at. Once the phone is heated to approx 180 degrees you can begin to lift the glass. (i do not recommend lifting in the middle of the screen or any "black part" of the screen as you can risk damaging the digitizer, the outer edge (where it is white/blue) is the safest spot to begin separation.) If you don't have access to a laser thermometer then you can risk it and just take your time till you notice the glass begins to "lift/separate" . Once you have a decent amount of the glass lifted (just enough to put the cardboard in) you can shove a piece of the cereal box inside and begin to use the cereal box to lift the rest of the glass. Continue this processes till the glass is all lifted and removed. When you start approaching the bottom of the phone where the button is at BE CAREFUL...try to go around the bottom and you will also notice 2 " touch ribbon light sensors"(look at the attachment pictures BELOW i labeled the light/ribbon sensor). They can removed from the glass using the heat gun and the exacto knife...it should lift right up and separate from the glass. Once u separate the ribbon your should be all done removing or close to done removing the glass from the digitizer. If by this point you haven't already removed the glass continue to remove till all the major pieces of glass is removed. Once the major pieces of glass are removed you can now put on some latex gloves and Remove the excess glass on the corners using the exacto knife and the tweezers. Carefully remove the small pieces of glass on the digitizer using a 90% alcohol LIGHTLY DAMPENED microfiber cloth. DO NOT APPLY HEAVY PRESSURE TO THE DIGITIZER when tiny glass is still on there (instead just kind of gently sweep it...using a new paint brush might even help) when removing the small glass fragment, NOTE that if you do apply too much pressure to the digitizer u risk the glass shards scratching or denting the digitizer!!! Once the glass is all removed and shards are gone you can now clean any fingerprints lint dust or oils using a dry microfiber cloth by gently applying LIGHT/SOFT pressure. Leave the glue on the outside edges of the phone and the bottom and top of the phone...just make sure the digitizer is spotless. Once everything is clean and the digitizer is spotless you can now install the screen. start from the bottom of the phone and proceed to put on the screen, make sure the "push" button is lined up and the line up the "light-sensor-ribbons buttons". the sensor ribbon buttons should just stick to the glass and line up with the screen part. Once the button is lined up you can now line up the rest of the screen and gently push down. The screen should be stuck into place by the existing glue on the outer edges. While holding the screen in place carefully put the battery in and turn on the device and make sure the buttons and screen and everything works properly and make sure the "lights" on the menu buttons work. Once you verify everything works and looks beautiful you can take the battery out one last time. Using the heatgun reheat the screen to melt the adhesive glue to the screen. Once the screen is heated back up to 180 degrees gently push on the glass and press for about 10 seconds and make sure to press in the outter edges of the glass where u left the glue. Let the phone cool off and you are good to go. Have fun using your S3!! This sounds fairly long and hard, but its not as hard as it sounds..its actually fairly easy and should take the average person about 50-70 mins first time. Experienced person about 20-40 mins.

i figure with the videos above you should be able to figure it out. Ill probably be adding more detailed info if this thread becomes popular. Good luck guys/gals

FAQS
    Q1) How do i know if its just my glass screen and not the phone itself that's not working?
    You will know if your phone screen lens cracked, but LCD display works. In other words you will know that its just the glass that's broken if your phone currently works perfectly fine and the touch screen works fine BUT the only thing wrong with the phone is the screen being physically cracked/scratched. If this is your case then the instructions above will work on replacing the glass.

keywords: s3 sIII slll fix fixed shattered break broke crack cracked cracks fuse fused unfuse remove removal repair guide video videos tutorial how-to how to fix it diy dropped drop break broken broke gorilla glass white marble t999 i747 i535 l710 r530 i9300 instruction
    Gentlemen and OP please update your original post to include this video. This is NOT to promote myself but from all the comments and feedback everyone has stated it is the most detailed and informative on You Tube on the glass replacement procedure. I also have separate videos on shattered glass replacement. Thanks and good luck.

Build up the entire border with 2mm tape a bit more. At the bottom especially on top of the ribbon cable there is a protective clear cover and in my experience if that comes off during the original loca removal the glass can sit to low and contact the digitizer. Not tooting my own horn here, watch my videos of glass repair part 2 I believe and watch how I make the rectangle border of 2 mm tape. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
    Well... I am unable to find anyone locally willing to help and am nervous as all hell about attempting this. Anyone done this first attempt not messing it up? Also my screen looks like a spiderweb its so banged up. Will this affect how the screen pulls off of the digitizer? Thanks. :( hopefully I manage!

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

My sisters screen was the worst I have ever seen. It was so shattered it was missing litle pieces if glss. I did it on my first attemp with no problems. It really is easier than it looks. Just be patient and make shure you are getting the addhesive hot enough (without melting your phone) and the screen will come right off.....with the help of a razor blade....Once Ihad finished I was shocked on how easy it really was....

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

My sisters screen was the worst I have ever seen. It was so shattered it was missing litle pieces if glss. I did it on my first attemp with no problems. It really is easier than it looks. Just be patient and make shure you are getting the addhesive hot enough (without melting your phone) and the screen will come right off.....with the help of a razor blade....Once Ihad finished I was shocked on how easy it really was....

My auto correct has failed me....lol