LG Optimus 4X Rom Performance

Search This thread

djfoxserbia

Aug 6, 2011
Pozarevac
I wanted to make a thread where users will post their benchmark result screenshots of their custom or original roms, because we have a lot of rom's for our device an everyone is bragging how their rom is faster, better for gaming, better for this and that, so let's go post your benchmark results screenshots... In post make a not about details, like CPU frequency governers ETC, and of course what rom you used... Let's start competition :D
Maybe admins will make this a sticky thread...

Last edited:

djfoxserbia

Aug 6, 2011
Pozarevac
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886286

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1826604

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2260790

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2236309

Sorry but I do not think that admins will mark this a sticky thread as we already have all this.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

I wrote this because many screenshots are made without posting which rom they use, which kernel and other stuff like cpu frequency, governors etc... Everybody are just posting benchmark screenshots without saying on what were those screenshots were made...
I want to start a really good competition on which rom is really fastest...

Last edited:

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
I wrote this because many screenshots are made without posting which rom they use, which kernel and other stuff like cpu frequency, governors etc... Everybody are just posting benchmark screenshots without saying on what were those screenshots were made...

Benchmarks mean nothing at all. If a ROM feels fast when you use it then it is fast.. I've seen ROMs with a great benchmark but they feel slow because they are slow to respond to user interaction.

And trying to run a competition to see which is fastest, best etc does a massive disservice to ALL developers.

Reactions: Ottonet

Ottonet

Sep 13, 2012
Milan
Benchmarks mean nothing at all. If a ROM feels fast when you use it then it is fast.. I've seen ROMs with a great benchmark but they feel slow because they are slow to respond to user interaction.

And trying to run a competition to see which is fastest, best etc does a massive disservice to ALL developers.

Confirmed!

There is a tendency to laziness, lately, because of which, new users, instead of reading threads and trying to understand what they are about, make up shortcuts to figure out "which xxx is the best". Change xxx with"rom", "kernel", "build" or whatever crosses your mind.
This behaviour does not bring any help to anybody: not to the noobs, who will not really understand WHY an xxx is better than others, nor for the developers, who will not have any real feedback from their work (at the very end, if xxx scores better than yyy, then yyy will be perceived as "better", "more up to date", something else?).
In my opinion this should be considered as a disguised attempt of making a "best rom" thread, and should be closed by mods.

Reactions: SimonTS

prem911

May 2, 2013
Bangalore
Confirmed!

There is a tendency to laziness, lately, because of which, new users, instead of reading threads and trying to understand what they are about, make up shortcuts to figure out "which xxx is the best". Change xxx with"rom", "kernel", "build" or whatever crosses your mind.
This behaviour does not bring any help to anybody: not to the noobs, who will not really understand WHY an xxx is better than others, nor for the developers, who will not have any real feedback from their work (at the very end, if xxx scores better than yyy, then yyy will be perceived as "better", "more up to date", something else?).
In my opinion this should be considered as a disguised attempt of making a "best rom" thread, and should be closed by mods.
I have observed that on installing a nightly build, the performance is generally good for first 10-12 hours and then the responsiveness starts degrading.
A restart helps.
So, the question is when should you run the benchmarks?

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
I have observed that on installing a nightly build, the performance is generally good for first 10-12 hours and then the responsiveness starts degrading.
A restart helps.

You shouldn't. Benchmarks mean nothing. If you are perceiving a slow-down after 10-12 hours then you should try to diagnose the cause of that - does a reboot fix it? Do you need to do a cache or dalvik wipe? Can you get away with just killing all open apps.

Stop worrying about benchmarks, and worry more about how YOUR phone feels to YOU.

Ottonet

Sep 13, 2012
Milan
A restart helps.

I wonder why I have been quoted.
Apparently you did not even read my post.

Inviato dal mio GT-P3110 usando XDA Premium HD app

shadowcore

Apr 26, 2013
Hell
OnePlus 8T
Xiaomi Poco F3
I tested a bunch of roms, Slim,Vanir, Pac,AICP, Beanstalk, Mokee, Avatar, Omni...Some 4.3 Some 4.4
All I can say that I really liked most 4.3 roms, but their battery performance was weird-lacking.
I dont really like KitKat 4.4 that much but apart from the early CM11 releases, most 4.4 ones are battery friendly. I get decent battery life.
I had one day at 8 hours, 2 to 1:30 hours screen on time, and in the end of the day I had 20-30% left. Thats ok for me.My battery is nearly 1 year old now, so they fared good.

That said. I think that KitKat in general does a better job at memory handling aswell, I get always 500MB free memory in most 4.4 roms.
IN 4.3 roms, that wasnt always the case.

Whatever the case, my conclusion is that newer roms, that have been ported recently, fare better because they are based on latest CM builds. Earlier roms, which were just ported to our device...well...it depends.

My testing was so that I tried each of these roms for 1 day. Maybe thats not enough, so dont go around bashing me for inaccuracy. Best way to test things is to try them out yourself. I never tried any benchmarks on these roms because I dont care about benchmarks.I usually set animations to off or 0.5 on each of these roms. I dont play games on my phone aswell.

Personally, my recommendation is to try out 4.4 roms firstly, then try out earlier roms.
I currently use a CM nightly.

Keep in mind however that I do NOT use google play or any gapps. So most if not all ROM experience has been smooth, with the exception of 1 Rom.
I can name it, but that would not be fair, but I think that one came together with Gapps.

So my other advice is that gapps are huge memory hogs and battery eaters.

Last edited:

bomerzz

Jan 11, 2014
I tested a bunch of roms, Slim,Vanir, Pac,AICP, Beanstalk, Mokee, Avatar, Omni...Some 4.3 Some 4.4
All I can say that I really liked most 4.3 roms, but their battery performance was weird-lacking.
I dont really like KitKat 4.4 that much but apart from the early CM11 releases, most 4.4 ones are battery friendly. I get decent battery life.
I had one day at 8 hours, 2 to 1:30 hours screen on time, and in the end of the day I had 20-30% left. Thats ok for me.My battery is nearly 1 year old now, so they fared good.

That said. I think that KitKat in general does a better job at memory handling aswell, I get always 500MB free memory in most 4.4 roms.

Whatever the case, my conclusion is that newer roms, that have been ported recently, fare better because they are based on latest CM builds. Earlier roms, which were just ported to our device...well...it depends.

My testing was so that I tried each of these roms for 1 day. Maybe thats not enough, so dont go around bashing me for inaccuracy. Best way to test things is to try them out yourself. I never tried any benchmarks on these roms because I dont care about benchmarks.I usually set animations to off or 0.5 on each of these roms. I dont play games on my phone aswell.

Personally, my recommendation is to try out 4.4 roms firstly, then try out earlier roms.

Keep in mind however that I do NOT use google play or any gapps. So most if not all ROM experience has been smooth, with the exception of 1 Rom.
I can name it, but that would not be fair, but I think that one came together with Gapps.

+1 on this.

Currently im using CM11 Latest nightly (18 Jan 14) + iodiak kernel 9.5.

Aside the double push the power button to wake up the phone from deep sleep, it works flawless for me. :)

Edit : for the double push the power button, there is already a work around for it in this post (Click Me)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A restart helps.

I wonder why I have been quoted.
    Apparently you did not even read my post.

Inviato dal mio GT-P3110 usando XDA Premium HD app

Confirmed!