[Q] Rooted OnePlus w/CM11s LCD Density Value

Search This thread
Nov 6, 2010
Are you able to change the value and have it applied after reboot?

Explanation:
I have an Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S3, & Galaxy S4, all running CM11 (I have only successfully executed this method with Cyanogen CM10 & CM11, haven't tried others).
With a rooted phone and a file explorer app; you are able to go under the root folder and changed the density value of your screen, increasing the resolution per se (think of Paranoid ROM when changing display settings "Phone", "Phablet", "Tablet").

/system/build.prop

open as text and search for variable "ro.sf.lcd_density=320"

320 was the default value on my s3, i personally prefer to change it 280. Save changes and reboot.

I AM NOT SUGGESTING OR RECOMMENDING TO DO THIS ON ANY OF YOUR DEVICES IF YOU'RE NOT FAMILIAR WITH WHAT YOU'RE CHANGING. IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO, IT'S AT YOUR OWN RISK! I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE!

So I repeat, any one been able to successfully pull this off for CM11s?

Saythis

Jan 30, 2012
Are you able to change the value and have it applied after reboot?

Explanation:
I have an Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S3, & Galaxy S4, all running CM11 (I have only successfully executed this method with Cyanogen CM10 & CM11, haven't tried others).
With a rooted phone and a file explorer app; you are able to go under the root folder and changed the density value of your screen, increasing the resolution per se (think of Paranoid ROM when changing display settings "Phone", "Phablet", "Tablet").

/system/build.prop

open as text and search for variable "ro.sf.lcd_density=320"

320 was the default value on my s3, i personally prefer to change it 280. Save changes and reboot.

I AM NOT SUGGESTING OR RECOMMENDING TO DO THIS ON ANY OF YOUR DEVICES IF YOU'RE NOT FAMILIAR WITH WHAT YOU'RE CHANGING. IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO, IT'S AT YOUR OWN RISK! I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE!

So I repeat, any one been able to successfully pull this off for CM11s?

Yep, running stock on my OPO I was able to change it to 320 and it held through reboot.