[Official] NO Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Moto X 2013 confirmed!

Search This thread

stealtheye

Jan 14, 2015
Well its official. Support is now dropped in terms of major ROM updates. We're stuck, official ROM wise, on the current 5.1.

Very very disappointing as I think our devices are perfectly capable of running Marshmallow. Just proves yet again the claim that Apple have better support. I mean the 4s got the latest iOS 9. Anyway…sorry to bring the sad news guys. Cyanogenmod it is then.

Let us know your thoughts.

Source: Article

Reactions: regisknechtel

Dadud

Jun 11, 2012
Would be nice to get an unlock for the xt1060, but that's probably not happening. Maybe it's time to bug the sunshine guys into looking into it again, I know they managed to get the 2nd gen bootloaders unlocked. Kind of our last hope.

Reactions: wildblade64

netokee

Jun 28, 2010
Well its official. Support is now dropped in terms of major ROM updates. We're stuck, official ROM wise, on the current 5.1.

Very very disappointing as I think our devices are perfectly capable of running Marshmallow. Just proves yet again the claim that Apple have better support. I mean the 4s got the latest iOS 9. Anyway…sorry to bring the sad news guys. Cyanogenmod it is then.

Let us know your thoughts.

Source: Article

We can already be happy to have received the 5.1 !!!!! (and perhaps an update for the latest major security breaches !! I think we're many people that are very disappointed by Motorola) :confused:

Faruko

Dec 24, 2013
Santiago
Well its now a 2 year old device, does it sucks ? Yes, of course

But considering the Nexus 4 had problems updating to L and its not on the roadmap for M (same exact situation for X2013), maybe theres something with the Snapdragob S4 Pro ?

Enviado desde mi XT1095 mediante Tapatalk

athulele

Oct 11, 2011
USA

But considering the Nexus 4 had problems updating to L and its not on the roadmap for M (same exact situation for X2013), maybe theres something with the Snapdragob S4 Pro ?

Nothing wrong with the Snapdragon S4 pro. the nexus 7 2013 has it and it's getting the upgrade.

UncleMike

Nov 11, 2010
The biggest disappointment for me in not getting an M update is there will be no official fix for the Cell Standby battery drain.

I've since reverted (I hesitate to say downgraded) to 4.4.4. Sure, I'm missing the stage fright fix, but at least my battery isn't dead by 5pm. I guess I could consider a dead battery the ultimate stage fright fix. :)

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

locusto03

Apr 4, 2011
The biggest disappointment for me in not getting an M update is there will be no official fix for the Cell Standby battery drain.

I've since reverted (I hesitate to say downgraded) to 4.4.4. Sure, I'm missing the stage fright fix, but at least my battery isn't dead by 5pm. I guess I could consider a dead battery the ultimate stage fright fix. :)

I was hoping for Moto to address the myriad issues in the 5.1 OTA, but that seems rather unlikely at this point. As much as I want to stick with the stock ROM, there are too many annoying problems. I think I have to make the switch to CM in order to have a stable, relatively bug-free experience once again.

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
I think I have to make the switch to CM in order to have a stable, relatively bug-free experience once again.

I LOL'd at this, almost literally. If you think any source built ROM (CM, AOSP or otherwise) is going to be bug free, you're lying to yourself. The only place that is anywhere close to possible is with Nexus devices.

Sent from my Nexus 6

locusto03

Apr 4, 2011
I LOL'd at this, almost literally. If you think any source built ROM (CM, AOSP or otherwise) is going to be bug free, you're lying to yourself. The only place that is anywhere close to possible is with Nexus devices.

I realize how it sounds, but that's truly how bad the 5.1 OTA has been for me. YouTube randomly pauses videos while audio continues to work, requiring a reboot. Random loud crackling/distortion through the speaker, requiring a reboot. Overall increased battery drain compared to 4.4.4, with random periods of even faster drain, requiring a reboot. Broken calendar sync.

Been playing with CM12.1 all day, and although I'll deeply miss the stock Moto features, performance has been great with none of the aforementioned bugs. It simply works as it should. If by some miracle Moto were to release a 5.1.1 update without annoying issues, I'd switch back in a heatbeat as I prefer the stock experience.

Last edited:

brian Marshall

Mar 1, 2012
I would be happy if we just got a fix for youtube. It's broken now on my locked down ATT xt1058 and seems to be for many others as well.

goducks3620

Aug 17, 2009
Miami
We're on 2013, but many of the 2014 Moto X models aren't getting it either http://www.androidcentral.com/delays-and-abandonment-now-dominate-motorolas-comeback-tale

Which is abysmal. I can't imagine getting another Moto after this. Moving over to Nexus for my next phone. I'm generally happy running 4.4, especially seeing the issues some of you are having with OTA 5.1. I like this phone. I bought this phone because it was made by Google, but I don't think the Lenovo sale has been good news for Motorola.

varxx

Oct 6, 2011
This is not a logical response on my part, but now that I know my Moto X 1st Gen won't be getting any more official upgrades, I suddenly feel much freer to play around with it, install custom ROMs, etc. I did this all the time with my previous phone (HTC Sensation), but I've stuck with stock on my Moto X, mainly because it has met my needs pretty well (apart from battery life). But now I'm free to play! In fact, CM12.1 went on my phone just this morning. Nice!

Reactions: wildblade64

sherif2015

Oct 20, 2014
How did you do that? Any directions to an article?

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

rtimoff

Nov 19, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Ahah, on Sprint XT 1056 latest firmware was 4.4.4, but I can install or flash 5.1 from 1053, and its fine. For me M isn't a big deal or step after Lollipop, how it was from KitKat. So, no hurry even for CM... 13(?)

Отправлено с моего XT1053 через Tapatalk

UncleMike

Nov 11, 2010

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Here's a link to the thread.

http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/moto-x-qa/guide-faq-how-to-downgrade-5-1-to-4-4-4-t3182118

It's intended for the XT1052, but the steps worked on my XT1053 as well (though someone else confirmed it before I tried). You'll need an unlocked bootloader and the factory images for your model.

rodohmes

Apr 29, 2011
St. Louis
Ahah, on Sprint XT 1056 latest firmware was 4.4.4, but I can install or flash 5.1 from 1053, and its fine. For me M isn't a big deal or step after Lollipop, how it was from KitKat. So, no hurry even for CM... 13(?)

Отправлено с моего XT1053 через Tapatalk

For clarification: are you using your Sprint 1056 on the Sprint network after flashing 5.1 from the 1053?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    keep in mind that the Nexus 4 (2012) will not be getting 6.0. So we're not alone. Additionally, the Nexus ROM Experience could be getting 6.0 for our 2013 Moto X, so be sure to follow the dev on the G+ community page.

finally, folks need to stop complaining about the ROM that their cell phone has (or doesn't have). the Moto X was shipped was JB, got KK, and now has LP and the device is still running strong. there are more important things to worry about in this world than just an operating system that allows you send a text with your voice while your hands are hand-cuffed to your bed post by voodoo woman named Phyllis.
    [Hey guys, just want to say that I will try to build CM 13 for the Moto x. I am downloading sources as i write this. Will keep you upadated. Also, i will need someone to test it before i actually publish it. So if you're NOT USING YOUR MOTO X AS A DAILY DRIVER, OR WANT TO EXPERIMENT ON IT , do message me.
    Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Nx experience ROM 10.0.1 (Android 6.0). Was just released for 2014 moto x. The dev said more devices could be coming soon.
    Be patient.

Sent from my Moto X using XDA Free mobile app

The dev is going through a rough time. He said he's the only one who's developing and he has no team right now. So i believe that its going to take a long time before he releases something for X1
    CM 13 is coming very soon. Megatron007 has managed to boot up cm 13 on moto x. WiFi, cellular etc don't work. After a few fixes, we will see a beta version of cm13 for the ghost. Just a few days/weeks till we get CM 13

Nothing wrong with the Snapdragon S4 pro. the nexus 7 2013 has it and it's getting the upgrade.