[Q] Chaos/Hell opened up... should I unroot?

Search This thread

wjdzm

Feb 6, 2013
I opened up the gates of hell. First installed international MJ9 ROMs. Then erased my internal after backing up EFS to the internal... derp.
Now I don't have IMEI info. it's NULL.
I am growing tired of reading non-Verizon-GNII topics not helping much to solve this issue.

And for some reason my phone is keep spamming "FACTORY MODE ON"

I wonder if I unroot my phone and upgrade it to OTA 4.4.2 it will fix everything.
Any ideas?
What should I do to go back to stock 4.3 or 4.4.2?

P.S: Got out of Factory Mode.

Last edited:

vlx600d

Dec 5, 2010
I would try to odin back to factory for what ever you had prior to this. Don't take the ota or you'll be stuck there. . And if you weren't already on 4.3 don't go it either. Totally different hell if you do, one with locked bootloader and no root access...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

wjdzm

Feb 6, 2013
I would try to odin back to factory for what ever you had prior to this. Don't take the ota or you'll be stuck there. . And if you weren't already on 4.3 don't go it either. Totally different hell if you do, one with locked bootloader and no root access...

I had alliances Rom 4.3 before all this happened.. What do you mean by Odin back to factory?

Last edited:

vlx600d

Dec 5, 2010
In the android development section for the vzw note 2 there's a sticky on returning to stock. Follow the path for flashing 4.3 factory image in odin

wjdzm

Feb 6, 2013
In the android development section for the vzw note 2 there's a sticky on returning to stock. Follow the path for flashing 4.3 factory image in odin

Ah nice thank you!
Is this actually unrooting my phone? I mean will this lock my bootloader and prevent me from installing custom roms in the future?
Thanks so much for your advise.

vlx600d

Dec 5, 2010
Yes it will. That's why u wanna flash whatever u had before. If you had 4.3, flash 4.3. If you had an older image flash it. The thread has everything you need. If you can do 4.1 then you can unlock the bootloader again. If you flash 4.3 you can root but not unlock. If you flash 4.4 you are bone stock no root possibly forever

Reactions: wjdzm

wjdzm

Feb 6, 2013
Sweet... I just installed rooted stock 4.3 by beanstown106 and everything's back to normal.
All thanks to you vlx600d.
I know I asked you this once before but I just want to double check:

- I am able to flash 4.4.2 ROM from my 4.3 ROM without a problem?
- Can I flash 4.3 back from 4.4.2 ROMs?

Thanks so much!

For anyone with my kind of problem, try installing Official Rooted Stock 4.3 and flash the modem via Odin per the instruction in the link.

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Sweet... I just installed rooted stock 4.3 by beanstown106 and everything's back to normal.

Thanks so much!

For anyone with my kind of problem, try installing Official Rooted Stock 4.3 and flash the modem via Odin per the instruction in the link.

You should be fine to flash 4.4.2 and revert back as well

vlx600d

Dec 5, 2010
Glad to hear your back up and running.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes it will. That's why u wanna flash whatever u had before. If you had 4.3, flash 4.3. If you had an older image flash it. The thread has everything you need. If you can do 4.1 then you can unlock the bootloader again. If you flash 4.3 you can root but not unlock. If you flash 4.4 you are bone stock no root possibly forever

Thanks so much!

You should be fine to flash 4.4.2 and revert back as well
    Glad to hear your back up and running.