XT9 input - A BIG REQUEST FOR INTERNATIONALIZATION!

Search This thread

orandajin

Apr 20, 2008
Tilburg
Hi, I know you want mainly European languages, but I wouldn't mind if there was a Japanse language option also!

Anyhow, keep up the good work:cool:

tcsanches

Nov 25, 2008
Thanks for the file!
Sorry but I´m not an expert with computers..so...after I download the file..how can I put it on my HTC?

Thanks a lot!

pipoclown

Dec 20, 2009
I tested to add the xt9 Dutch dictionary, all it all worked OK. The only difference is like many guys said before you have to increase the language count to 16 (I was only lucky when adding the portuguese because portuguese is language number 6 in xt9). You will be choose among several languages, but only the ones that are properly set in the registry will work.

The files I putted in Windows folder were:
- NLlsUN_xt9.ldb
- hpd.5x4.Dutch.kdb
- spd.5x4.Dutch.kdb

XX for Dutch is 13.

Add REG 0613 to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\IME\KDbFiles with value hpd.5x4.Dutch.kdb.

Add REG 0113 to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\LDbFiles with value NLlsUN_xt9.ldb.

Add REG 0A13 to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\Sip\KdbFiles with value enhpd.kdb. -> Here you can change to the one of your language, but the alphabet is the same as the english one there's no need. But for example for Russian you will need to change it and then copy the extra file.

Add REG 0B13 to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\Sip\KdbFiles with value spd.5x4.Dutch.kdb .

Now go to xt9 options and choose Dutch, and you're done.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys,

I have a question. I ran the above .cab file but the dutch option did not include itself in my menu.

I checked the registry and all files are there. I included the '0113' for dutch in the available languages (\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tegic\eT9) and it's there in the menu now but it's not actually connected to the dutch dictionary.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm totally new whole concept so any help would be much appreciated!

*edit*

going on previous posts in this tread which I don't see yet I don't have high hopes this will work. Still, anyone.... ?

Last edited: