Inside Galaxy S Wifi 5

Search This thread

murph5525

Feb 5, 2012
Yes the Battery does detach. I have updated the picture to show the connector for the battery....

Awesome!

Two questions if i may:

Is the 5.0 Wifi the exact same as the 5.0 US version?

It looks like the connector snaps onto the motherboard. How does it connect to the battery - is there hooks or straight solder??

BXWolf92

Jul 2, 2011
New York
I've done the same to mine. You need to remove the two small screws by the micro-usb port, then use a safe pry tool to pry open the case.

I have a US Version, and my battery was hooked on, but easy to remove. As far as I know the battery is uniquely shaped on this device, but i have yet to see a galaxy note battery for myself.

murph5525

Feb 5, 2012
I've done the same to mine. You need to remove the two small screws by the micro-usb port, then use a safe pry tool to pry open the case.

I have a US Version, and my battery was hooked on, but easy to remove. As far as I know the battery is uniquely shaped on this device, but i have yet to see a galaxy note battery for myself.

Thanks for the additional info!

exodus454

Jun 21, 2011
Connecticut, United States

There's 3 screws. Two by the USB under little white stickers, and one under the SD card door.

The battery is replaceable, it has a rectangular snappy connector onto the main board. Not soldered, just pull (carefully) to detach.

murph5525

Feb 5, 2012
The battery is replaceable, it has a rectangular snappy connector onto the main board. Not soldered, just pull (carefully) to detach.

Hello

It looked that way from the provided images but my inquiry was about how the connector ribbon attaches to the battery? Or would a replacement battery come with a new connector ribbon already attached??

Top Liked Posts