Zopo ZP980+ (2GB/32GB)

Search This thread

Dimitris CH

Jan 16, 2012
Lausanne, CH
I welcome everybody to the thread about the upgraded ZP980.

ZP980 vs ZP980+

The + version is supposed to be the exact same hardware as the ZP980, only with double the internal memory and RAM.

Why a separate thread for this variation?

Many people have pointed out that this model is basically the same as the ZP980 except for the size of the RAM and the internal storage (2GB vs 1GB and 32GB vs 16GB respectively).
The discussion is still going on in the ZP980 thread. Until it is 100% confirmed that everything works exactly the same for both phones, I am planning to keep this thread. Except if XDA decides differently of course. :)

In any event, this thread was not created to compete with the ZP980 thread. Personally I follow that one too and participate in the discussion. This thread here only exists as a point of reference for confirmed methods, tricks, ROMs and recoveries for the ZP980+.

Can I try ROMs and other stuff I find in the thread for the standard ZP980?

I would say yes, with some caution.
In case you try something that works or -even more important- something that does not work, please be kind and share with us in this thread. This way you are helping the community take the most out this excellent piece of hardware and avoid mistakes.

Phone specs:
5" screen
FHD Super Retina Display 1920*1080 pixels, 441PPI, OGS
CPU MTK6589T - 1.5Ghz
2GB RAM
32GB internal storage
13-megapixel rear camera
Android 4.2 out of the box
2G: GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
3G: HSPA 850/2100 MHz
Battery:Li-Polymer, 2000mAh
Dimensions: 143.3 x 70 x 8.5mm
Weight: 150g

IF YOUR PHONE DOES NOT HAVE THESE EXACT SPECS, PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT YOU READ IN THIS THREAD.

Last edited:

Dimitris CH

Jan 16, 2012
Lausanne, CH
Confirmed Root Methods

1. Framaroot: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276 (first reported by Jan1959)
Note: it is possible that after upgrading to the latest version Framaroot does not work any more.

2. Eroot has worked for some users.

Credits go to the people who developed all the stuff that I mention in this post and to the people who pointed them out to me to include them here.

I repeat: :)
IF YOUR PHONE DOES NOT HAVE THESE EXACT SPECS, PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT YOU READ IN THIS THREAD.

Last edited:

Dimitris CH

Jan 16, 2012
Lausanne, CH
My ZP980+ is waiting for me in Greece. I'll have it in a couple of weeks since I live in Switzerland.

But I couldn't wait to open this thread and prepare for what I need to do. :)
Has anybody already received it?
Did you manage to root it?

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
I managed rooting it via ERoot. I learnt that this is the only possibility to get rooted new zopo generation. Would be glad if there were another also working with linux. But as far as I know, there has not been any yet.

Dimitris, will you keep 1st post of this thread actual? It would be useful, if any custom ROM fully compatible with this model were linked in this opening thread as well as root tools and other useful tooling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dimitris CH

Jan1959

Aug 25, 2013
I managed rooting it via ERoot. I learnt that this is the only possibility to get rooted new zopo generation. Would be glad if there were another also working with linux. But as far as I know, there has not been any yet.

Dimitris, will you keep 1st post of this thread actual? It would be useful, if any custom ROM fully compatible with this model were linked in this opening thread as well as root tools and other useful tooling.

The answer is

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276

Dimitris CH

Jan 16, 2012
Lausanne, CH

I am planning to keep the 1st post up to date IF nobody else offers to do it (I am sure XDA can change the poster of the OP if we ask them to, I have seen it done in other forums).
I only started this thread because I wanted to make a clear distinction and avoid bricking my device (selfish me) and also help others avoid bricking their devices.

I will add in the OP any useful piece of information that I see posted in the thread, starting with Framaroot (by Jan1959) and ERoot (by you) will follow if you explain a bit more (either describe what you did or provide a link as Jan1959 did :) ).

Did you succeed with this method? If not, do you know anybody who did? I don't see this model in their list so I guess somebody should let them know so that they add it there.

Last edited:

Jan1959

Aug 25, 2013
I am planning to keep the 1st post up to date IF nobody else offers to do it (I am sure XDA can change the poster of the OP if we ask them to, I have seen it done in other forums).
I only started this thread because I wanted to make a clear distinction and avoid bricking my device (selfish me) and also help others avoid bricking their devices.

I will add in the OP any useful piece of information that I see posted in the thread, starting with Framaroot (by Jan1959) and ERoot (by you) will follow if you explain a bit more (either describe what you did or provide a link as Jan1959 did :) ).

Did you succeed with this method? If not, do you know anybody who did? I don't see this model in their list so I guess somebody should let them know so that they add it there.

Yes, it works fine

Reactions: Dimitris CH

Jan1959

Aug 25, 2013
I seems to be logical that it works, because I do not know a root method which works on zp980h, but does not on c2 platinum. C2 platinum can be found in compatibility list. It is the 1st model of the higher zopo generation.

I dont know what you mean that it seems to be logical that is works.
I run the app and mine zopo 980 (2 GB ram en 32 GB rom delivered last week) is rooted.
I check it and work with a rooted device. :laugh:

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
I dont know what you mean that it seems to be logical that is works.
I run the app and mine zopo 980 (2 GB ram en 32 GB rom delivered last week) is rooted.
I check it and work with a rooted device. :laugh:

This referred to Dimitris' allusion, that zp980h is not part of the compatibility list. I mean that older root methods (i. e. motorola apk exploit and so on) do not work any more with newer zopo devices. 1st of these devices is c2 platinum. Up to now, I have known only eRoot which is able to root it and zp980h. If framaroot works with this, it should also work with zp980h.

Last edited:

joeri1985

Apr 18, 2012
retie
going to follow this, ordered mine 21/08 on mixeshop for shipment to belgium.
Hope it's on his way because they say 5 to 7 days and the 5 day is today and status is still processing but i read that chinese shops don't put a lot of effort on status changes, maybe anyone experience with this shop?

ante007

Aug 12, 2013
I used eroot and manage to root with one click without problems. win7 have installed all the necessary drivers automatic.

Poslano sa mog ZP980 koristeći Tapatalk 4

doongoo

Aug 30, 2011
Szombathely
I had problems with eroot and the drivers on Win7.

But the method from the OP (Framaroot) worked for me great.
Just copied the file, installed the app. After that just opened, selected SuperSU and Boromir exploit). After that reboot and I have now root (already eliminated this annoying bootsound)

Thanks for the tip!

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

going to follow this, ordered mine 21/08 on mixeshop for shipment to belgium.
Hope it's on his way because they say 5 to 7 days and the 5 day is today and status is still processing but i read that chinese shops don't put a lot of effort on status changes, maybe anyone experience with this shop?

I bought it from zopomobileshop.com and they were just great with the updates and communication.

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
Framaroot does not work with zp980h. I have just tried - it is nothing more than root in the shell. This is not enough (at least not for me).

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

I had problems with eroot and the drivers on Win7.

But the method from the OP (Framaroot) worked for me great.
Just copied the file, installed the app. After that just opened, selected SuperSU and Boromir exploit). After that reboot and I have now root (already eliminated this annoying bootsound)

Thanks for the tip!

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

I bought it from zopomobileshop.com and they were just great with the updates and communication.
Framaroot did not work at all with my phone. Which version did you use? Did you upgrade to today's OTA-Upgrade before rooting?

doongoo

Aug 30, 2011
Szombathely
Framaroot does not work with zp980h. I have just tried - it is nothing more than root in the shell. This is not enough (at least not for me).

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Framaroot did not work at all with my phone. Which version did you use? Did you upgrade to today's OTA-Upgrade before rooting?

I used latest version, I think 1.6, and didn't` upgraded before

tapatalked from a ZOPO ZP980

s_hri

Oct 28, 2009
BHIWANI
zp980h 2gb/32gb using nvram warning

Confirmed Root Methods

1. Framaroot: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276 (first reported by Jan1959)
Note: it is possible that after upgrading to the latest version Framaroot does not work any more.

2. Eroot has worked for some users.

Credits go to the people who developed all the stuff that I mention in this post and to the people who pointed them out to me to include them here.

I repeat: :)

HELLO DEAR

I AM USING KING SLIM ROM FROM NEEDROM , BUT EVEN ON OTHER ROMS MY PHONE IS SHOWING SAME NVRAM ERROR WHEN I SEARCH ANY WIFI NETWORK. AND WIFI IS NOT WORKING

PLEASE GUIDE WHAT SHOULD I DO . SOME DETAILS OF MY PHONE WITH ANOTHER ROM

MODEL NO - ZP980
BASEBRAND VERSION MOLY.WR8.W1248.MD.WG.MP.V7.P1
BUILD NO - ZP980 20130615-YZFL
WIFI MAC ADDRESS - 00:08:22:3C:07:4F

PLESE GUIDE WHAT TO DO
PROBS ARE
NO WIFI SIGNALS EXCEPT NVRAM ERROR.

CAN ANYBODY SOLVE THIS PROB PLZ SUGGESS.:confused::fingers-crossed::(

doongoo

Aug 30, 2011
Szombathely
Hello Topicmates,

could you please provide me a step-by-step guide how to come back to factory state of the phone. I have a ZP980 2GB/32GB version.

I have rooted with framaroot, everything was ok. After that I have OTA updated with the latest update and now all the google apps are force closing. Therefore I want to revert back to Stock ROM and after it OTA update (an thereafter root again).

What do I need for that? Should I try at first simple factory reset?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I welcome everybody to the thread about the upgraded ZP980.

ZP980 vs ZP980+

The + version is supposed to be the exact same hardware as the ZP980, only with double the internal memory and RAM.

Why a separate thread for this variation?

Many people have pointed out that this model is basically the same as the ZP980 except for the size of the RAM and the internal storage (2GB vs 1GB and 32GB vs 16GB respectively).
    The discussion is still going on in the ZP980 thread. Until it is 100% confirmed that everything works exactly the same for both phones, I am planning to keep this thread. Except if XDA decides differently of course. :)

In any event, this thread was not created to compete with the ZP980 thread. Personally I follow that one too and participate in the discussion. This thread here only exists as a point of reference for confirmed methods, tricks, ROMs and recoveries for the ZP980+.

Can I try ROMs and other stuff I find in the thread for the standard ZP980?

I would say yes, with some caution.
    In case you try something that works or -even more important- something that does not work, please be kind and share with us in this thread. This way you are helping the community take the most out this excellent piece of hardware and avoid mistakes.

Phone specs:
    5" screen
    FHD Super Retina Display 1920*1080 pixels, 441PPI, OGS
    CPU MTK6589T - 1.5Ghz
    2GB RAM
    32GB internal storage
    13-megapixel rear camera
    Android 4.2 out of the box
    2G: GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    3G: HSPA 850/2100 MHz
    Battery:Li-Polymer, 2000mAh
    Dimensions: 143.3 x 70 x 8.5mm
    Weight: 150g

The answer is

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276
    well im not pleased with my issue, phone is bricked with corrupt nand and i cant see to find any info on how to fix it..
    so if anyone can point me in any direction that would be great..

I'm keeping this in bookmark if something go wrong...
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2437902

Poslano sa mog ZP980 koristeći Tapatalk 4

Can i root the Zopo ZP980+ advertised with MTK6592, Cortex A7 Octa core, 1.7GHz. Please help. I'm trying three days.

Root is possible.
    I'll write up a full guide tomorrow and post the files needed.
    You need to modify default.prop in boot.img and make cwm recovery.img.
    Then flash only those parts using downloaded stock firmware.
    From there you can adb to reboot into recovery since the normal power + vol+ don't work.(power + vol- is test mode...bottom item is reboot)
    Then flash CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip and reboot.

You may run into a read-only filesystem problem if you tried a bunch of root tools.(This drove me crazy!)
    Simply reboot into CWM recovery, make a full backup, then format "system", then advance restore "system".

Edit: I made a fully rooted near stock firmware for the Zp980+ w/MTK6592 8-core.
    Flashable with SP Flash Tool.
    http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/viewtopic.php?f=553&t=73930
    Still working on root guide and flashing guide.

Edit2:
    Ported rom from H9008 to ZP980+ with MTK6592. Not nearly as modified as ZP980+ stock rom. Faster boot times.
    http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/viewtopic.php?f=553&t=73933