[Q] Can I install LOKI on my rooted MDK (cwm)

Search This thread

calebcabob

Jul 14, 2013
Massachusetts
Hey, I'm dying to flash this rom, but it says I either need to use safestrap or LOKI to do it. No support for flashing it with CWM.

So my question is, can I install LOKI (or a LOKI patch?) when I'm already fully rooted on my early model MDK build which already has CWM for recovery?

I also noticed that the ROM I wanna install says that I'd need to flash a separate kernel as well...does that mean I can flash any kernel I already know runs smoothly?... Like the one I'm currently using.

Thanks!

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Hey, I'm dying to flash this rom, but it says I either need to use safestrap or LOKI to do it. No support for flashing it with CWM.

So my question is, can I install LOKI (or a LOKI patch?) when I'm already fully rooted on my early model MDK build which already has CWM for recovery?

I also noticed that the ROM I wanna install says that I'd need to flash a separate kernel as well...does that mean I can flash any kernel I already know runs smoothly?... Like the one I'm currently using.

Thanks!

If your on an MDK S4 that already has CWM on it I'd first suggest you update your recovery. I prefer Philz version of CWM and his latest has Loki support so that's just an easy way to do it aside from Goo/ROM Manager etc...

Then look for KToonsez Kernel for that ROM, I believe that ROM is 4.3 Touchwiz so look for KToonsez kernel for 4.3 TW not just any kernel or it won't work.

You should be good if you follow those steps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: calebcabob

calebcabob

Jul 14, 2013
Massachusetts
Remove old CWM first? How?

If your on an MDK S4 that already has CWM on it I'd first suggest you update your recovery. I prefer Philz version of CWM and his latest has Loki support so that's just an easy way to do it aside from Goo/ROM Manager etc...

Then look for KToonsez Kernel for that ROM, I believe that ROM is 4.3 Touchwiz so look for KToonsez kernel for 4.3 TW not just any kernel or it won't work.

Thanks a lot! That was a perfect answer! So I'm gonna definitely try that new recovery...is it safe for me to flash Philz version WHILE I have the original Clockworkmod in there? Or if I need to uninstall that first, can you explain a little on how I should? Thanks again!

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Thanks a lot! That was a perfect answer! So I'm gonna definitely try that new recovery...is it safe for me to flash Philz version WHILE I have the original Clockworkmod in there? Or if I need to uninstall that first, can you explain a little on how I should? Thanks again!

You would just download Philz latest " JFLTE" recovery and flash that like any other zip right from the CWM you have now and you're good!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: calebcabob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!

You would just download Philz latest " JFLTE" recovery and flash that like any other zip right from the CWM you have now and you're good!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2