Best tempered glass screen protector?

Search This thread

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
I usually ignore posts like mine but.... I have the Nillkin Tempered Glass screen protector with rounded edges and its sublime. It comes securely packaged in a nice box which contains a plethora of wipes and anti static films which ensure a flawless installation, it was easy for me with the hinge method and I didn`t get any of the cobweb effects or poor adhesive issues as some people have reported. The glass is very smooth with an oleophobic coating. It is much smoother than the stock glass and whilst it still gets fingerprints it`s really easy to wipe them off usually with a single swipe. Overall I can`t say enough good things about it since it was just over $10 aud shipped. I will stress that I haven`t tried any other brands, but I can`t imagine them being better to the extent that they warrant the 3x price difference, support and free replacements may be the only benefit and again that`s not a given. 10/10 for me, excellent packaging, smooth installation, great product and no defects/chipping corners, etc.

I agree with all the above. To a fault. I found it too smooth. It didn't feel right. I like slight be of resistance. I didn't know I wanted a little resistance until I tried this screen protector.
I now run a cheap plane Jane one and it looks and feels perfect.

Callliope

Apr 16, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
In my country i found only Nillkin 9H , the difference is high between 9H and 9H+?

Because if corners are not rounded on 9H , it isnt a problem for me , i think the guy who posted this photo used a 9H no ?
SlimArmorNillkin3.jpg

Last edited:

Daedalus1116

Oct 20, 2011
Nakhon Ratchasima
I would personally recommend Nillkin's. I've used it for several months and it still looks as good as when I first received it. I suggest buying the H+ model as it has beveled edges.

Elsydeon

Feb 10, 2010
Hilo
If you want a guaranteed quality glass protector for dirt cheap, without the Ebay crapshoot of whether it's going to be oleophobic and have rounded corners, then Xtremeguardz's Spartan glass protectors are the way to go, when they do their 90% off sales. It's extremely smooth, has excellent adhesion, and has rounded corners, all for only $6 shipped.

chiman

Dec 2, 2005
No Glass4M again!

Bought one from Glass4M via their official website (http://glass4m.com/)
Shipping was within reasonable time.

However, after 1 day usages I already had 2 spots with damages!
My M8 is covered with the Dot View cover.

Emailed 3 times and left a Facebook message but after 1 week no response at all!

Never again will I buy from Glass4M!

XavC

Feb 1, 2013
Amsterdam
Running with some Chinese glass one, apart from a few tiny scratches it's still holding up very nicely. Have had it since (approx.) October. Didn't turn loose or anything, no bubbles as well. Ridiculously good protector for me. Bought it for like what, few euros tops.

If you want a guaranteed quality glass protector for dirt cheap, without the Ebay crapshoot of whether it's going to be oleophobic and have rounded corners, then Xtremeguardz's Spartan glass protectors are the way to go, when they do their 90% off sales. It's extremely smooth, has excellent adhesion, and has rounded corners, all for only $6 shipped.

This...

I have been extremely pleased with the Spartan glass. I have never had any problems with them and will get one for every phone I buy moving forward.

GLO

Jul 23, 2007
Sydney

Thanks mate, i replace my dotview and my wife's case that came with the m8 with the supcase unicorn beetle hybrid case and nillkin tempered round edge after the cheaper tempered glass chipped from the wife's handbag zipped.

Hoping the triple cost of the nillkin proves beneficial.

The supcase unicorn beetle is definitely well made.

Last edited:

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
Guys , dont be fooled the glass screen protectors are all the same, just buy the cheapest one from Hong Kong on ebay. They cost 2 dollars tops.

chris98891

Aug 18, 2010
Anybody tried to buy the Nillkin screen protectors lately? I just bought one from amazon and was sent some crappy "LinkDream" protector in its place, with absolutely no mention of Nillkin. Alerted amazon and got a refund, but I'd love to replace my current Nillkin with another Nillkin.

Anybody know where i can find one?

Edit: the seller i just bought from that sent me the off brand was "Westport"

Last edited:

pettepark13

Sep 30, 2015
Never tried nillkin.. but i realized all these brands like body guardz and zagg glass are getting more expensive because of their branding. I just bought mine at Jedi Shield which is cheaper and quality is not bad. Works well for my new iphone 6s.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought the nillikin one and have to say..when I needed it the most, it held up.. Dropped my m8 flat face down on asphalt from about 5 feet..the glass screen protector took all of the impact and screen was pristine after I took it off..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
    Reviews are valid only if you try new products for few days. hold on and then post.

just wanted to point it out. no hate.

Uggggg...Really?....you felt the need to post that?

Anyway, it's not a review...just a comment..Take it or leave it... Is that valid ?

Grumble....
    I usually ignore posts like mine but.... I have the Nillkin Tempered Glass screen protector with rounded edges and its sublime. It comes securely packaged in a nice box which contains a plethora of wipes and anti static films which ensure a flawless installation, it was easy for me with the hinge method and I didn`t get any of the cobweb effects or poor adhesive issues as some people have reported. The glass is very smooth with an oleophobic coating. It is much smoother than the stock glass and whilst it still gets fingerprints it`s really easy to wipe them off usually with a single swipe. Overall I can`t say enough good things about it since it was just over $10 aud shipped. I will stress that I haven`t tried any other brands, but I can`t imagine them being better to the extent that they warrant the 3x price difference, support and free replacements may be the only benefit and again that`s not a given. 10/10 for me, excellent packaging, smooth installation, great product and no defects/chipping corners, etc.
    Slim Armor with Nilkin

I have been using the Spigen Slim Armor case for my M8 which I love...I wonder if this glass protector would work with it. Anyone have any experience?

I have this exact combo (Slim Armor + Nilkin Glass with rounded edges) and can confirm that it works perfectly. Can post a picture in the morning if you're interested (going to bed now - late here in Brisbane Australia!)

The combo of Supcase Beetle and Nilkin also works perfectly.