[ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos US 4G Nightlies (Stingray4G/MZ602)

Search This thread

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
I think EOS is by far the best and most stable ICS rom out there BRD.
Was kind of hoping that you would have another stable release out or at least ready to go.

Also, what's up with the boot animation? With a Rom as good as this, surely you guys have a flashy boot animation for this in the works.
The big TEAM EOS logo was.... well... it was... something. Liked the little spinning orb in the bottom right a lot better.
The animation for the CM9 rom blew me away. Would be great to see something like that for this rom.

The nightlys are as stable if not more so than 1.0.0. Graphics is not my department. Never has been. Never wanted it to be. I am not an artist. I have an idea. Ill talk with solarnz. Perhaps we can have a user contest. See who creates the sweetest boot animation. Cm has oh about 170 contributors. We have about 3.

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Great job Team EOS!
Ability to add lock screen actions is sweet!
Also you can now remove clock from status bar. Not sure if i like the name of my wifi connection showing up when I remove the clock icon though.

Appreciate all the excellent efforts :)

Ya I noticed that after I did the mod. Seems its always there but hiding the clock reveals it. I'm working on a comprehensive signal cluster solution that will more than resolve that.

Reactions: rob62551

stevefxp

Oct 16, 2007
Morning all,

What are the differences between the base 3.05 kernel and the new 3.10 kernel?

Thanks,
Steve

colklink14

Jan 13, 2008
604 vs 602

Hi All,

Being the noob to the Xoom, I sucessfully unlocked, installed cwm (rogue), and put the EOS 604 on my xoom. I have worked extensively on my Fascinate with cwm, rooting and roms.

I have the 600, which is the original xoom with 3g. I have the data plan diabled and am using it with wifi only.

Again being the noob, I installed eos 604 rom, (not the 600 3g-cdma), everything seems to be running excellent, without any issue. Yesterday I put ver 72 on, and again everything is running great.

Should I use the stingray cdma, or can I just stay on the 602rom. I am not using the 4g, it is only wifi. My concern is the stingray cdma is not being updated as extensively as the 602 stuff is.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
bigrushdog;I have an idea. Ill talk with solarnz. Perhaps we can have a user contest. See who creates the sweetest boot animation. [/QUOTE said:
That would be great! And would the winner get FREE EOS Nightly downloads for a year???

Oh, wait. They're already free:p

Thanks Team EOS. You may only be 3 strong but you are the best!

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Hi All,

Being the noob to the Xoom, I sucessfully unlocked, installed cwm (rogue), and put the EOS 604 on my xoom. I have worked extensively on my Fascinate with cwm, rooting and roms.

I have the 600, which is the original xoom with 3g. I have the data plan diabled and am using it with wifi only.

Again being the noob, I installed eos 604 rom, (not the 600 3g-cdma), everything seems to be running excellent, without any issue. Yesterday I put ver 72 on, and again everything is running great.

Should I use the stingray cdma, or can I just stay on the 602rom. I am not using the 4g, it is only wifi. My concern is the stingray cdma is not being updated as extensively as the 602 stuff is.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Either build is fine. They are all updated the same. The cdma thread is more neglected because everybody on cdma (almost everybody) got the lte upgrade.

rvbarton

Jan 19, 2009
Euless, Texas
www.facebook.com
With the latest nightly, rebooting causes the error "Sorry, maps seems to have have stopped" twice. it also seems Netflix locks up & causes my tablet to reboot consistently. Happened 9 for 9 times last night, using both wifi & LTE connection.

not just with Netflix now. random reboots. rolling back to previous version.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Last edited:

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
With the latest nightly, rebooting causes the error "Sorry, maps seems to have have stopped" twice. it also seems Netflix locks up & causes my tablet to reboot consistently. Happened 9 for 9 times last night, using both wifi & LTE connection.

not just with Netflix now. random reboots. rolling back to previous version.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

The maps issue is due to gapps having an old version. If you update from the market after installing, it solves the problem (at least it did for me).

I haven't seen the Netflix issue.

dellenrules

Mar 22, 2011
I mentioned this in another thread. After flashing the gapps I perform the following steps.
Clear the data for the media storage in the app settings or in titanium backup.
Restart the device.
Problem solved.

TheRandom1

Mar 7, 2009
I have missed updating a few nights of nightlies, will it make a difference if I flash today's without the past few nights?

Tom_S

Jan 24, 2008
Temple, GA
www.Soulsby2000.com
Spontaneous reboots with N74

I'm getting random spontaneous reboots with Nightly #74. Several yesterday. Prior recent nightly builds have been more stable. Maybe only 1 or 2 reboots a week.

Has anyone else experienced similar behavior?

Vnvjeep

Aug 17, 2010
Random City
I'm getting random spontaneous reboots with Nightly #74. Several yesterday. Prior recent nightly builds have been more stable. Maybe only 1 or 2 reboots a week.

Has anyone else experienced similar behavior?

I have not experienced any yet... then again, I really never experience spontaneous reboots on any of the other builds either except whenever I installed a cornerstone build. I'd suggest backing off on the overclocking and see if that stabilizes it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team EOS XOOM​
    ICS 4.0.4 Stingray MZ602​
    NIGHTLIES​

Welcome to the evolution of TiamatXOOM.

With the AOSP release of Android 4.0 begins the next dawn of the Android operating system. And with this release comes Team EOS, the natural evolution of the TiamatXOOM development team.

It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms. The launching point for this development effort is the Motorola XOOM.

For the latest news on Team EOS Xoom releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #xoom.

--
    NOTE: Team EOS, it’s members, friends, dogs, cats, and associates are in no way responsible for any loss of data or device functionality. Use this at your own risk!
    --

A quick note on Nightlies: NIGHTLIES ARE DEVELOPMENT BUILDS. They are automatically generated once every 24 hours and represent the compilation of the latest commits to the code repository. While every effort is made ensure that the commits that are accepted are stable and do not have a negative impact to the overall performance and function of the builds it is not possible to test every aspect of a commits impact to the overall repo prior to it’s inclusion in a given build. As a result it is entirely possible that instabilities may be introduced as a result of a given days commits. That is the nature of the nightly system, and the risk that is taken using the latest code changes to the project.

EOS Xoom is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

Team EOS Xoom Nightly builds: http://goo-inside.me/devs/teameos/roms/nightlies/stingray/

G-Apps Package
    Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included in the base rom. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the base rom:

Use the latest available gapps package available from http://goo.im/gapps

*Note - You will need to re-flash G-Apps after you flash an updated nightly build. You can do this before you reboot after the installation of a new nightly.
    Also note that if you are coming from an earlier G-Apps package you will need to wipe prior to installation of this package in order to avoid FC issues.

--

Current Known Issues:
    This builds is only for the MZ602 Stingray (Verizon LTE Xoom) It does not support data on any GSM or 3G only Xoom

Features:
    Because these are nightly builds the included features are constantly evolving. Change logs are generally generated on a daily basis.
    Change logs can be viewed at http://nightlies.teameos.org/changelogs/
    For the most up to date and comprehensive listing of the changes included in this rom please visit http://review.teameos.org

Kernel:
    Tiamat ICS Xoom kernel
    Support for OC;Under/Overvolt
    Governors: lagfree, interactive, conservative, ondemand, userspace, performance

Kernel Note: In compliance with GPL kernel source can be found at: http://git.tiamat-dev.com/tegra2/tiamat-xoom/

--

Installation Notes:
    These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery (Solarnz R4c, Rogue, Clockwork)
    Perform a full wipe (read Factory Reset) prior to installing this over ANY Honeycomb based rom (this includes all Tiamat roms)

Please note that due to fundamental changes Google has made to the way Android works there are certain issues that cannot be resolved without additional components from Google and the hardware manufacturers.

BUGS!
    If you find strange or otherwise unexplained errors please report them here: https://bugs.teameos.org/ Please include logcats and as thorough a description of the issue and what lead up to the issue as possible. With out this we will be unable to track down these errors.

FEATURE REQUESTS!
    We need YOU, yes YOU to help us build the best AOSP rom out there. Have an idea for a feature you want to see implemented then let us know!
    Team EOS Feature Request

Changing the Stock Motorola Dual Core Boot Logo Splash Screen:
    While not a necessary feature of the Team EOS ICS builds make sure you check out the Team EOS Motorola Xoom Boot splash utility in the Android Market:

EOS Motorola Xoom Boot Splash

Want to contribute to the Eos rom? Well you can!
    Just follow http://teameos.org/?page_id=6 to checkout our source code, and information on how to submit changes for review.

Welcome to the XOOM evolved. Welcome to Team EOS.
    we get off easy on this one. I'm testing a flash zip. All we do is just add some libs and firmware and call it a day. We REALLY get off easy on camera guys. I've seen how nasty camera can be; we are lucky. Now if we can get some source.

EDIT: Get some cam love

Looks like all makes and models work. If not, sorry.
    NO WIPING! Just flash the zip and have fun!
    Change logs for the nightly builds can be found at:

http://nightlies.teameos.org/changelogs/

Note that these are nightly logs and are not device specific. They represent all the possible commits that have been pushed into the build set. The specific branch that each change is applicable to is shown in the change log.
    So I am to take it that 98 will be the last nightly we see for the xoom than?

Why would you think that?

Just because there hasn't been a build for a week or so, that doesn't mean that everything has stopped.

We're not dropping support for the xoom yet, and will continue supporting it in Jelly Bean.

How else could you perfect this Rom is the real question. Not, is it the last nightly. Because as they are saying JB will probably be the next nightlys, so lets be patience.

Sent from my Xoom running EOS Nightly 98

There will be at least one more nightly before we release any nightlies for a Jelly Bean rom.
    change I61fef83b638e64a2952931f448c4304c48c4547a
    project: eos/platform/frameworks/base
    branch: ics
    id: I61fef83b638e64a2952931f448c4304c48c4547a
    number: 193
    subject: Use new icons for Wifi, Bluetooth, Torch, Autorotate and audio Eos quick controls.
    owner:
    name: Chris Trotman
    url: https://review.teameos.org/193
    lastUpdated: 2012-01-07 20:07:00 PST
    sortKey: 001a3d37000000c1
    open: false

change I50f8d576d3745fb4c736a90f301606c1f99e033c
    id: I50f8d576d3745fb4c736a90f301606c1f99e033c
    number: 192
    subject: Fix typo from permission group changes.
    owner:
    url: https://review.teameos.org/192
    lastUpdated: 2012-01-07 17:28:11 PST
    sortKey: 001a3c98000000c0

change I620a40c6e9e10625cf0ffb4c21b0888bb87769c7
    project: eos/platform/system/core
    id: I620a40c6e9e10625cf0ffb4c21b0888bb87769c7
    number: 191
    subject: Let busybox handle cat ls, mkdir, rm, dmesg & touch.
    owner:
    url: https://review.teameos.org/191
    lastUpdated: 2012-01-07 17:27:58 PST
    sortKey: 001a3c97000000bf

change Iedf537e51c11cf39e359d3ad9e15f37ee078808c
    id: Iedf537e51c11cf39e359d3ad9e15f37ee078808c
    number: 185
    subject: Allow applications that can write to the primary storage write to the external storage.
    owner:
    url: https://review.teameos.org/185
    lastUpdated: 2012-01-07 15:53:49 PST
    sortKey: 001a3c39000000b9

change I1f49ecd5d545047d90a4f8412f08950f131cbe9e
    project: eos/platform/vendor/eos
    id: I1f49ecd5d545047d90a4f8412f08950f131cbe9e
    number: 190
    subject: Add the official google dictionaries to the input method.
    owner:
    url: https://review.teameos.org/190
    lastUpdated: 2012-01-07 12:25:19 PST
    sortKey: 001a3b69000000be

type: stats
    rowCount: 5
    runTimeMilliseconds: 57

Still need to work out a solution for changelogs...