[Rom Format] Devs please read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta
Below is a format that is a guideline to be used as an example of how a rom thread should look. It doesn't have to be exact. I suggest that you stay creative and use all the features in the advanced panel when creating a thread.

• Name of rom, team, etc
  • Introduction
  • Changelog in code or list tags
  • What's included in the rom in the (apps, tweaks, scripts, addons, mods) in code or list tags
  • What works/what doesn't work in code or php tags
  • Credits (Users name-with link to (profile/github/or thread u got tweak from embedded), and what they did to help you)
  • Screenshots (2-10 different screenshots of different aspects of rom)
  • Kernel with either link to thread you got it from or github (if stock sense or cm please state that and that is enough)
  • Instructions on how to install the rom (also if special instruction for a2sd or beats audio...etc)
  • Do's and Don'ts of the rom
  • Questions & Answers section (I find this helpful to write out asked questions with solutions at the bottom of the op. I find that it cuts down on the question being asked a million times)
  • Finally the dl link
  • Additional add-ons (this can go into first post or reserved posts after)

I find the embedded link looks and feels better throughout the op if possible.
All sections should have a header with enlarged text and spaced out so people can read it easily.

I am hoping that this helps to make this section a little cleaner and easier. enjoy

The way I look at this is that it takes you weeks/days/hours to make these roms....we can take the time out to make sure that the op looks professional and clean

Not to toot my own horn but here is a link to one of my own rom threads as an example. Link

Also Make sure the op is fully ready before posting. I know we all get excited to release a rom but stating that half the stuff will be updated as time permits just shows that you are lazy and in a hurry which doesn't look good cause if thats the case then how does your rom run....

No posting a a rom thread without a DL link either. If posted then the thread will be removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Below is a format that is a guideline to be used as an example of how a rom thread should look. It doesn't have to be exact. I suggest that you stay creative and use all the features in the advanced panel when creating a thread.

• Name of rom, team, etc
    • Introduction
    • Changelog in code or list tags
    • What's included in the rom in the (apps, tweaks, scripts, addons, mods) in code or list tags
    • What works/what doesn't work in code or php tags
    • Credits (Users name-with link to (profile/github/or thread u got tweak from embedded), and what they did to help you)
    • Screenshots (2-10 different screenshots of different aspects of rom)
    • Kernel with either link to thread you got it from or github (if stock sense or cm please state that and that is enough)
    • Instructions on how to install the rom (also if special instruction for a2sd or beats audio...etc)
    • Do's and Don'ts of the rom
    • Questions & Answers section (I find this helpful to write out asked questions with solutions at the bottom of the op. I find that it cuts down on the question being asked a million times)
    • Finally the dl link
    • Additional add-ons (this can go into first post or reserved posts after)

I find the embedded link looks and feels better throughout the op if possible.
    All sections should have a header with enlarged text and spaced out so people can read it easily.

I am hoping that this helps to make this section a little cleaner and easier. enjoy

The way I look at this is that it takes you weeks/days/hours to make these roms....we can take the time out to make sure that the op looks professional and clean

Not to toot my own horn but here is a link to one of my own rom threads as an example. Link

Also Make sure the op is fully ready before posting. I know we all get excited to release a rom but stating that half the stuff will be updated as time permits just shows that you are lazy and in a hurry which doesn't look good cause if thats the case then how does your rom run....

No posting a a rom thread without a DL link either. If posted then the thread will be removed