Kaiser Kernel Thread - ONLY FOR KERNEL AND BUGS

Search This thread

SpeedySurfer

Mar 31, 2009
Didn't someone around here have a stockpile of Kaisers they could mess around with? Maybe they could donate a few?

n2rjt

No, we don't have a pile of spare phones.
But, we do have a handful of smart people.
Perhaps we can identify which source files to concentrate on, do some research, and then start an online collaborative review of the source code. I don't want to blow up my NAND by trying experiments, but I'd be down to work with others to approach this problem like professional software engineers.
I'd even be willing to test-drive the resulting changes.
What source files are the heart of the problem? What NAND part do we have? What ideas have been tried or considered so far?

leona

Mar 11, 2008
Exeter
Rather than using our phones to test and potentially breaking them, is it possible to use a NAND simulator to run tests, like NAND Simulator or something similar so you can poke around and play without the risk of breaking things? Just a thought.

Krazy-Killa

Mar 14, 2009
kz.game-server.cc
I'm no expert but even with an emulator program we need the exact memory mapping of the NAND chip, which I mean we have but I myself have no idea how to decipher it.

Sent from my AT&T Tilt using XDA App

habysk

Jun 16, 2009
I have problem with this error: Waiting for sdcard.... Formating fat or ntfs... nothing happend. I need flash kernel from PC is it possible ? :confused: :(

Thanks

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
I have problem with this error: Waiting for sdcard.... Formating fat or ntfs... nothing happend. I need flash kernel from PC is it possible ? :confused: :(

Thanks

Does your SD card port work? If not I'm afraid you're out of luck because the install files require that the SD card be working in order to install.

habysk

Jun 16, 2009
I find this:
Put these two commands in the 'cmdline' section of your startup.txt and try again: msmsdcc_1bit msmsdcc_fmax=14000000

And didnt work it! :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is my latest nbh. Fixed the GPS and reboot issue with wifi (and hopefully any random reboots)

Hope you guys have the time to try it. LMK how it goes.
    BTW, use atools to edit it accordingly. This is panel 2 tilt keyboard

If issues still persists LMK and I'll Force chunk erase check and enable block refreshing for more stability (but this well decrease speed in writing)

BTW, this can be used with any BUILD. Just reinstall everything and would recommend fresh install of data.
    I'm back! Didn't realize our device was pushed back to legacy now :) Anyways, I got a G tab and was quite busy updating the kernel and playing with the device. I have to say, it's a pretty impressive tablet. I just built a kernel for my wet Kaiser that is still chugging along. Here are the changes I made.

1. Loosen up some Yaffs setting to improve speed
    2. Decreased kernel log buffer size to 32
    3. Enabled Block layer SG support to v4
    4. Enabled Block layer data integrity support
    5. Enabled CONFIG_UACCESS_WITH_MEMCPY
    6. Enabled Installation of FIQ hander

Please give me input on how it goes. Thanks.
    I start this new thread because i want highlight only kaiser changes
    Before posting use search button and look in this thread.

This is the kernel thread so all problem like "how to install","i can't install", "miss module", ecc ecc are not allowed. If you need to ask this probably you didn't read correctly the guide in atools.
    Atools is multyplatform and need python.

2.6.32 kernel changelog
    nand fixed
    irq problem is now fixed

TODO:
    finish battery support
    rewrite camera driver
    speed up gps

Latest releases are here

Atools thread
    Yah, not sure why but system is still mounted under RW permissions, no matter which build is used.

I know the partition is mounted on a RO section, but couldn't the kernel overwrite that permission and remount it as RW?

Our default userinit.sh calls for it to mount in ro so you might want to check your userinit.sh. My device mounts /system as ro.

BTW, Here is another experimental kernel to test. Here are the changes from the previous one

1. Disabled Cache short names in RAM
    2. Disabled yaffs2 block refreshing
    3. Disabled yaffs2 background processing
    4. Added Nand Device Support to Verify NAND page writes

Been trying to enable YAFFS to do ECC checks on tags by default but it crashes androidinstall. Anyways, I was informed by l1q1d that this is useless at the moment so I guess it's fine disabled.

This would require fresh installation of data. I dont think the data backup would work with this kernel.
    OK, releasing another experimental kernel..Here are the changes from the last kernel

1. Enabled yaffs ECC on tags (via init)
    2. battery fix by n2jrt
    3. Enabled block refreshing by yaffs (recommended by scooter)
    4. Enables background processing by yaffs
    5. Force chunk writes

and a few things I can't remember (must be the beer)

So far, I have enabled most of the options to protect the partition. Any recommendations will be appreciated. BTW, don't complain if it's slower than the last kernels :) Its because of all the options to make it stable. I Challenge you to make it fail :)