3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
Does it works with nexus 5 and android L,

Because..

http://www.imgur.com/I0XGglF.png

378mah??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

The Nexus5 sensor is very likely reporting mA differently. Please make sure to run last version of the app, and send a support request from app settings, help and support so we can review mA history and available reporting methods. Don't forget to mention your issue in the request.

Reactions: iba21

andy o

May 6, 2012
Hi @3c, I just bought the in-app for removing ads, but the ads aren't being removed. I tried restarting the phone (twice), and also deleted app data, but the ads are still there. I'm on a Nexus 5 w/ 4.4.4, rooted. Anything else I can try?

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
Hi @3c, I just bought the in-app for removing ads, but the ads aren't being removed. I tried restarting the phone (twice), and also deleted app data, but the ads are still there. I'm on a Nexus 5 w/ 4.4.4, rooted. Anything else I can try?

If you contacted us recently for that, please note the in-app purchase was cancelled when you first emailed us and we sent you an updated APK earlier today, also published on Play Store. After running tests, it appeared the purchase process could no longer complete.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for letting us know.

Reactions: andy o

andy o

May 6, 2012
If you contacted us recently for that, please note the in-app purchase was cancelled when you first emailed us and we sent you an updated APK earlier today, also published on Play Store. After running tests, it appeared the purchase process could no longer complete.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for letting us know.

Thank you, that wasn't me but I just got the update on the Play Store, all is good now.

bobmarsh72

Apr 16, 2010
Cardiff
I love the feature of showing the mA in the status bar, but there isn't an option for just white, they all seem to be red when discharging and green when charging. Would it be possible it in white? Thanks.

laca77

Sep 29, 2010
Budapest
Hello

I used the BMW on my OPO,. and in the history i saw the values like: -5mA, -7mA, -9mA and the charging was (+)1981mA.

After i bought the PRO version, i get this number with POSITIVE valuse, so the discharging was 5mA, 7mA, 9mA, and the charging was -1981mA.

So how can i change the setting that i would see the values like in the non-PRO version? With negativ the discharging and with positive the charging.

Thanks

Laca

[] AL []

Recognized Contributor
Feb 22, 2011
Hello@all
i haf a little qustin.
On screenshot 1 on my old Note 2 i have to graph.
I dont no anymore how i make this.
Screnshot 2 is my New Note 4.

how can i make aktiv, the second graph?https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9a5o14mlypckuts/AACHBnQwaAXYc8z5AYIYljoDa
It's in xda rules that all posts must be made on English.
I don't know what kind of childish language you're using here and I don't think G translate will help you.

Edit:
OK I'm not a moderator, so just ignore this message as I will do with yours....

Last edited:

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
Battery Capacity based on AC Power mAh and mV specifications.

According to the instructions, the user must enter the AC Adapter's mAh and mV specifications as listed on the AC Power adapter for the Battery Capacity Measurement algorithm to determine the battery capacity.. However, are these figures accurate enough to allow for a an accurate calcuation of the battery capacity?

AC power adapters have been known to output below their specifications which would then improperly off-set the Battery capacity calculations, would it not?

For example, the Samsung AC power adapter lists 2000mA at 5v, but according to the Galaxy Current App, it's only supplying 1800mAh when the screen is off, and 1200mAh when the screen is on.

So what is the proper number to enter into the AC Calibration Field?

Entering a number higher than the actual power supply will yield falsely inflated battery capacity and vice-versa :confused:

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
Battery Capacity based on AC Power mAh and mV specifications.

According to the instructions, the user must enter the AC Adapter's mAh and mV specifications as listed on the AC Power adapter for the Battery Capacity Measurement algorithm to determine the battery capacity.. However, are these figures accurate enough to allow for a an accurate calcuation of the battery capacity?

AC power adapters have been known to output below their specifications which would then improperly off-set the Battery capacity calculations, would it not?

For example, the Samsung AC power adapter lists 2000mA at 5v, but according to the Galaxy Current App, it's only supplying 1800mAh when the screen is off, and 1200mAh when the screen is on.

So what is the proper number to enter into the AC Calibration Field?

Entering a number higher than the actual power supply will yield falsely inflated battery capacity and vice-versa :confused:

You shouldn't use Current App as it only reports hard-coded values that have no meaning. Your adapter provides 2Amp at 5v and the device will use what it actually wants, some for the screen (about 600mA for a 5") and the remaining to charge the battery.

However when % get above 70% the charging rate will drop to avoid burning the battery and reduce aging. fast-charge + %>70 + heat = faster battery aging.

Nevertheless, 2Amp @5v means a charge rate (screen off) from 2800mA down to 2300mA. You can verify that in your history. Now, if it goes any higher, that means the current capacity is over-rated. This basic principle works great and measure the charging capacity. We're working on the same for discharging capacity, however there's no actual limit to what a device can drain. A 10" screen will drain about 1200-1500mA, while a 5" will drain less than 600mA, and those values will also varies with the screen brightness and also the content on LED display. White = full drain, Black = near-zero drain.

To get accurate results, it's best to charge the device from 0% to 70% while screen's off, as the app cannot determine screen and CPU actual drain.

Entering higher values will prevent app from adjusting capacity but will not inflate battery capacity either.

Reactions: Niki Niki and klau1

andy o

May 6, 2012
@3c I remember having read something about battery statistics being more accessible on Lollipop. Do you know yet if Battery Monitor Widget will be able to do more, or the same with better accuracy?

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
@3c I remember having read something about battery statistics being more accessible on Lollipop. Do you know yet if Battery Monitor Widget will be able to do more, or the same with better accuracy?

All I've seen so far is the Android battery usage provides slightly better results or better UI, showing consumed mAh, but appart from that access to battery stats is still restricted on Lollipop.

Here is how battery stats work on Android:
- OS gather app activities and states all the time.
- Manufacturer provides components consumption information (eg screen consumes x mA in state Sx, CPU consumes y mA in state Sy, etc).
- OS calculates estimated consumption based on gathered information and components consumption.
- OS calculates real mAh consumption based on % lost (eg 10% lost = 250mAh)
- OS adjusts all calculated consumption based on real mAh consumption and total calculated mAh consumption.

So the accuracy of the stats highly depends on manufacturer having done it's home work: measuring real consumption of the device components in every possible states.

Some manufacturer just don't do it and leave it to the default AOSP values, which is likely not accurate.

There's a full description and guidelines for manufacturers in some profile files in the AOSP source code.

sonwon

Apr 4, 2008
All I've seen so far is the Android battery usage provides slightly better results or better UI, showing consumed mAh, but appart from that access to battery stats is still restricted on Lollipop.

Here is how battery stats work on Android:
- OS gather app activities and states all the time.
- Manufacturer provides components consumption information (eg screen consumes x mA in state Sx, CPU consumes y mA in state Sy, etc).
- OS calculates estimated consumption based on gathered information and components consumption.
- OS calculates real mAh consumption based on % lost (eg 10% lost = 250mAh)
- OS adjusts all calculated consumption based on real mAh consumption and total calculated mAh consumption.

So the accuracy of the stats highly depends on manufacturer having done it's home work: measuring real consumption of the device components in every possible states.

Some manufacturer just don't do it and leave it to the default AOSP values, which is likely not accurate.

There's a full description and guidelines for manufacturers in some profile files in the AOSP source code.

Now I am pondering which manufacturers actually do a better job?

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
@3c I checked the battery stats is not reported correctly on Samsung Note 4

There's no way we can help with statements like "this does not work". Please check the system helper is properly installed (and listed in apps list), please attach a screenshot and explain what is wrong and what you expected.

Last edited:

samaxen

May 23, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
There's no way we can help with statements like "this does not work". Please check the system helper is properly installed (and listed in apps list), please attach a screenshot and explain what is wrong and what you expected.

The mA drain report was not showing up on Automatic mode, then I changed the mA retrieval method to estimated and it has started working again. I have attached the screenshot below. It was working on automatic mode on my note 3.
Above tested on Note 4 Exynos SM-910C

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-08-08-54-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-08-08-54-59.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 199

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
The mA drain report was not showing up on Automatic mode, then I changed the mA retrieval method to estimated and it has started working again. I have attached the screenshot below. It was working on automatic mode on my note 3.
Above tested on Note 4 Exynos SM-910C

So it's not the battery stats you were referring to, but the current mA. Note 4 can use "Advent Vega". This will be the default (automatic) in next update.

Reactions: samaxen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear users,

Considering all 3C apps are now based on the same source code, they all behave the same way, and will exhibit the same issues. Any queries will also likely applies to all apps.

To make my life easier while continuing to provide support here (and start with a clean slate), I decided to close all my app threads and open a fresh new thread here.

With your continuous help and support, the past 4 years have been a great adventure and experience. Let's take a fresh start and continue this amazing adventure.

Thank you all!

The most complete tool to manage your battery: Shows historical data (%, mA, mW, mV and temperature), calculates estimated run-times and battery aging, helps calibrate battery, and improves your battery run-time.

NB:
    ◊ Please check app status tab for monitoring status and mA/mAh data source
    ◊ The app displays the % remaining, voltage and temperature data reported by Android OS
    ◊ Android 4.4 (KitKat): Battery statistics require a rooted device
    ◊ Requires INTERNET permission to download external notification icons

► Pro version has all features unlocked and no ads
    ◊ Wide (2x1) and graphic (2x1, 3x1, 4x1) widgets
    ◊ Export data to System Tuner Pro
    ◊ Update battery capacity based on measured data
    ◊ Keep information of unlimited number of batteries (2 in free)
    ◊ Add history markers manually or automatically on boot, ROM/kernel/battery changes
    ► Pro version has all features unlocked and no ads

► Display all information using great looking graphics, fully scrollable and zoomable.

► Use additional packages to show great looking icons in notification bar

► Display historical graphics or battery data on your home screen using widgets of various sizes!

► Triggers alarm based on any battery data

► Manually resets battery statistics on rooted phone

► Calculate remaining time while unplugged or charging (AC/USB/Wireless)

► Calculate actual battery capacity (mAh)

► Support multiple batteries

► Support Motorola Defy/Atrix 1% reporting

► Online help accessible from app

► Export data to System Tuner Pro to analyze which process is responsible for battery drain!

◊ Lowest battery consumption on the market: https://plus.google.com/b/106924681...768&sqsi=65194c1a-d82a-4ba6-b2a6-4207a7dcba36

Issues with current mA or capacity mAh?

Please mention this in a support request from app settings, help and support so we can provide the appropriate option to use in 'mA retrieval method' of battery / monitoring settings and add out-of-the-box support for your device. All necessary information is provided in the request's attachments.
    Battery Consumption

Here is some screenshots to show how much CPU (battery) the app is consuming!

cpu_freq: shows CPU frequency over time, mostly 245MHz, and as everything will be slower this obviously increase CPU times

It also shows BMW used 10.94 seconds on a 6 hours time-frame, eg 0.05% overall consumption... @245Mhz!

charging: compares charging (actually full battery) and non-charging time, obviously BMW consumes more when phone is fully charged and plugged, something to improve :)

Confirms the 0.05% overall consumption (1.22% * 4.15%)

sleep_mode: phone sleeping, screen off... 0.018% consumption! though the 2 peaks are strange, not sure I switched on the phone or not... Recording phone state will be very usefull :)
    Now i am confused....As i understand ,,Battery University,, saying that you shouldn't discharge the battery completly because with that procesess the battery is aging very fast. But now you told us not to charge when the phone is on?? You mean to charge on completly turned off??

Not exactly, I'm saying:
    1- discharging a battery completely is safe as it will stop discharging around 3200mV (=0%) but batteries can go as low as 2800mV safely.
    2- heating while % is higher than 70% can cause a battery to age faster.

You can keep the phone on (in standby or not) while charging. But it's best to avoid playing with the phone while charging the last 20%, such as playing a 3D game that will raise temperature a lot.

Is there something new about Battery Monitor Widget for our Evo 3d??
    Do you think that when ICS officialy will come they will fix the battery stat problem for Evo 3d?
    Thanks

I've heard that the Galaxy S2 will have its current sensor activated in ICS, so it may be so for the Evo 3D.

Note that I already solved the standby drain on the Evo and some specific Evo3D models, and I'm currently testing a mixed method for the Evo 3D. So maybe we won't have to wait for ICS :D

I've attached the free version that uses that mixed method, if you want to try it and report how it works out (maybe using the support request from the settings adding a special note about this thread).

cool. Can excel at, I did not even think to it, then one does create a nice graphic.
    I still have a question, what are the values ​​for the circuit in example (I've sometimes instantly highlighted red)?
    2012/03/27|23:52:41|-53mA|50%|3797mV|21.5ºC|.0|0
    2012/03/27|23:52:51|-46mA|50%|3797mV|21.5ºC|.0|0

The last 2 values are respectively the screen-on time (per thousand of the last period) and the plugged state (0=unplugged, 1=AC, 3=USB and other values are multi-states).

EDIT: Removed beta APK
    I also do like the frequent updates, and its cool to see your 2 (main) Programs BMW and PMW
    growing this great way!
    I do remember the early days and can see what its going now, awesome!

So a big THANKS for your great fast support and helpful developing!

I do ask me where you get the time and energy to repeat nearly to every post, even when users sometimes are very annoying or stupid (remember the discussion about the buggy mA reading of the sensation in BMW, people blame your program even when you explain its the phone...)

Your future plans are sounding very promising!

Greetz from the Neighbourhood, Tokl

Glad to see you like the frequent updates too. I like sharing new things or bug fixes quickly so everyone enjoy the best experience with my apps. But I can understand some users being annoyed when they don't feel concerned by a particular update.

Anyway, I do what I can with the little free time I have, mostly at night when the kids are sleeping. And testing is not always thorough as it could be (sometimes I'm too impatient to share a new feature/improvement) and don't have the luxury to spend hours on testing either.

Not only I reply here on XDA, but also on my own web site and to the many emails I receive. It's a challenge and push me to make better apps: the less bugs and the more user-friendly the appas are, the less questions I get... will eventually get there (I hope) one little step at a time.

Actually the arguments are very helpful, they allow for some explanations of how things really are, even though some users don't care.

Here is a funny story about that: A member of XDA blamed me for not explaining on the app description that it did not support the HTC Sensation, after admitting to never read app descriptions! How funny that one was!
    Hi Cederic,
    are there Plans to make an Icon Pack with mW? ( BMW Icons - T.mW )
    This is one of the last features i miss on BMW, then its fully perfect ;)
    (OK, i think i have many ideas what BMW also could show in the widget/graphs/logs,
    like Network traffic, CPU Speed/Utilization, Phone usage and so on. But then it must be called SKW - Swiss Knife Widget LOL :D:D:D )

Thanks and greetz Tokl

P.S.: As i before said, i dont care about an Icon Pack with ~10Mb (But maybe other people?),
    the more accurate, the better it is.

No actual plan for mW icon packs yet... This one will be tough trying to fit a 4 digit number + 'mW' in a small icon :) Maybe using W unit would help...

Many people still care for pack sizes... So I'll make new packages with more accurate info in the status bar.
    Hello- I am using the free version of this APP.
    Few days ago I think on 3rd may I got an update and saw a wonderful addition "Statistics" which basically was showing me phone information from (*#*#4636#*#*) , I loved that one, but today I received another update where "Statistics" tab is taking me directly to the "Battery history" tab of phone information, I felt the previous one was adding more value to the user as I could select any of the menu item form there...
    Please consider replacing battery history shortcut to the full phone impartation (*#*#4636#*#*)

You are entirely right! But some users prefer the battery history only... So I'm working on an update already for that. Maybe having 2 buttons there (when it's actually available on the phone)...