[APP/MOD] ADW.Launcher.MB.Playground for CyanogenMod 7 [5/24/11 v0.1.1]

Search This thread

Step666

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 13, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I agree, will need to ponder an implementation though.
Thanks, that'd be really useful - it's basically the only feature from LauncherPro that I miss.

You are correct, not easy to implement. While I like the idea, there are lots of questions needing answered. What happens when all the icons for 2 categories don't fit on one screen anymore. How does this work for the horizontal scrolling drawer?
Yeah, I figured that would probably be the case.
And it'd already occurred that it wouldn't work with the side-scrolling drawer but it's such a neat solution that I figured it was worth mentioning.

I guess a similar-ish solution would be the ability to add empty/blank/dummy entries in the app drawer/categories combined with the option of manually re-ordering apps within the drawer/categories.
Going back to my example, I could then have a category named 'Games & Media' and be able to sort the two sets of apps and enter a row of dummy entries into the category so that they were kept apart.

This is really just me thinking out loud though...

While the apk is built using the CM7 version of ADW, it can be install on other ROMs. In fact I use my Galaxy Tab to test on a larger screen.
Ok, cool.

So if/when it gets updated, I don't have to go through the faff of extracting the launcher from my Defy, I can just install the apk from this thread?
That's all I was really looking to find out.

Thanks for you comments and kind words,
No, thank you.
This is the best launcher I've had the opportunity to try, hands down.

I've used the standard version of ADW and never been taken with it, this is just so much better.

enzual

Oct 25, 2011
Hello, is it possible to make your awesome update work on adw launcher ex? i'm using the last cm nightly and wondered, that this mod is already included. i got the adw launcher ex and i want it to work with your mod, too. so, can someone rewrite this script :)

sorry for my horrible english..

kyuuu

May 29, 2010
Hi. I`ve used MIUI for a long time and recently I checked out CM7.1 and find out your adw mod. I think it`s way better than ADW EX! I replaced stock MIUI launcher with your mod and work flawlessly. Plz keep up the good work man:)

Not to rush, but I hope your working on hiding app catalog. Really annoyed about not using app icons XD

Plus, Is there any way that we can change the sort of the app catalogs? For example, I have 4 app catalogs and wen I swype to change catalog, I want to control the sort of the catalogs(ex: Games-Tools-Lifestyle to Tols-Lifestyle-Games).

Hope to see the updated version soon:) Thnx.

TheMasterBaron

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 27, 2009
Denver, CO
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hello, is it possible to make your awesome update work on adw launcher ex? i'm using the last cm nightly and wondered, that this mod is already included. i got the adw launcher ex and i want it to work with your mod, too. so, can someone rewrite this script :)

sorry for my horrible english..
Its not a mod/script. Its a branch of the source code so you can't just apply it to ex.

Hi. I`ve used MIUI for a long time and recently I checked out CM7.1 and find out your adw mod. I think it`s way better than ADW EX! I replaced stock MIUI launcher with your mod and work flawlessly. Plz keep up the good work man:)

Not to rush, but I hope your working on hiding app catalog. Really annoyed about not using app icons XD

Plus, Is there any way that we can change the sort of the app catalogs? For example, I have 4 app catalogs and wen I swype to change catalog, I want to control the sort of the catalogs(ex: Games-Tools-Lifestyle to Tols-Lifestyle-Games).

Hope to see the updated version soon:) Thnx.
Started playing with a hidden category and sorting categories is on my list as I also have found it annoying ;)

Cheers,
MB

LeopardSurd

May 31, 2009
Cluj-Napoca
Great mod! I only miss one thing and I hope is easy to be done: an option to hide the dock when in app drawer. ADW Launcher Ex has this option but I'd like to use the inbuilt ADW Launcher from CM. And knowing that your work is merged into CM7 team work, hope you can done it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My changes have been merged into CM7!

I'm starting this thread to test out modifications

This is for CyanogenMod 7, I offer no help getting this to work on anything else.

This version is an update to the ADW.Launcher that already in installed on CM7 so you will keep all your existing settings.
    You can also uninstall this version at any time and ADW.Launcher will revert back to the original ADW.Launcher.

As always with these kinds of things, I am not responsible if something goes wrong, so use at your own risk.

Source is now on github and can be viewed here!

My first focus is on application management such as groups/catalogs

0.1.1 Eye Candy Release :)
    Added:
    * Backup/Restore of desktop data now also saves categories
    * Screen transitions just because I like them and it can get tiresome working of usability stuff.

0.1.0 (Merged into CM7)
    Added:
    * If no categories, not title shows in the drawer (CM7 requirement so users who don't use categories don't see a change)
    * Option to turn off the title in the drawer even if you have categories.

Fixed:
    * Better drawer switching on swipe

Added:
    * UNCATEGORIZED group now hides when empty
    * In preparation to submit to CM7, I have added an option to enable the UNGROUPED group. Disabling the option will revert to the old way of showing the ALL group and does not show the UNCATEGORIZED group.
    Changed:
    * Renamed UNGROUPED to UNCATEGORIZED

Added:
    * Application Info and Market support for Live Folders* Restore icon menu option when changing an icon
    Fixed:

* Swipe on empty UNGROUPED folder fixed

0.0.6 (w/Drawer to home screen drag FC fixed)
    Changed:
    * Editing a user folder now lets you set a custom icon. Not being able to set an icon on a custom folder makes them less attractive for use since I can't visually label it.
    Fixed:
    * Fixed a drawing issue when opening the vertical drawer that causes the icons to jump

Changed:
    * Swipe to change groups in the drawer. Up/down swipes are used for in the Horizontal pagination drawer and left/right swipes are used in the Vertical plain drawer style.
    * Search and Wallpaper have been pushed to the more button in the launcher's menu. There are other options are are used more than these.
    * Added Manage Applications to the launcher's menu.

Changed:
    * Added Edit button on popup menu for Folders so it's easier to rename them. (Eventually I want to add the ability to change the icon on folders just like yo can with apps)
    Fixed:
    * FC when picking up Shortcuts

Changed:
    * Moved System Settings so it's visible in menu, while Lock Desktop has been relegated to More menu. I use Setting WAY more that lock/unlock desktop.
    * The group name is now always displayed at the top of the drawer. Gone is the animation showing the name.

Changed:
    * Add ADW Settings to menu as they get removed from System Settings
    Fixed:
    * Fixed so install survives reboot

Features:
    * The application popup menu replaces "Uninstall" with "Settings". This takes you to the Application Info window instead. There is an uninstall button on this screen, but also has a lot of other useful information.
    * Added "Market" to the application popup window. This takes you to the application in the Market App. Great for quickly seeing updates/comments.
    * Added "Choose Group" to the application popup window. This allows you to take an application and pick what groups you want it in. As apposed to opening the group and finding the application to add. Very efficient for newly installed apps.
    * The popup menu can now be used in the app drawer. This gives access to the new settings, market and choose group options.
    * Replaced drawer's ALL with UNGROUPED. Gone is the ALL list of applications in the app drawer. It has been replaced by the UNGROUPED list. This list only shows the apps that have no group assigned. As you move apps to groups, this list shrinks and makes it easier to find newly installed apps.
    * Opening/Changing groups in the app drawer does a quick animation to tell you the name of the group.
    Known Issues:
    * If there are no apps in the UNGROUPED, the group still shows.

Please post your comments!

If i get enough good feedback, I'll start down the road to getting these changes merged into CM7.
    v0.0.5 is out with Manage Applications in the launcher's menu and also swiping in the drawers to change groups!
    My reason behind this is cause I can't delete the Ungrouped Group even if it is empty. Also Once I have Apps, Games and so on grouped if I swipe into Ungrouped it won't let me swipe to the other groups unless I get out and choose another group. I'm fine with leaving Ungrouped but how about making it not be able to swipe to it. Like accessed via the menu.

Maybe this was your purpose, but that's my 3 cents.

Ahh, now we are getting somewhere :)

It's a know issue since v.0.0.1 that the UNGROUPED group still shows when it's empty. I plan to address that, but wanted to focus on new features and functionally first.

Not being able to swipe to other groups when it's empty is a bug when using the vertical scrolling drawer. Thanks for reporting it and I'll get it fixed since I can see how that would be annoying. I suggest you leave one thing in there until I get it fixed.
    OP updated with v0.0.7. Source is now on github and can be viewed here.
    I was waiting for an UNCATALOGED option, but I would like to see it as a filter in the menu for catalog building:

only show uncataloged apps in the selection list. With such an improvement I could quit using "Apps Organizer" besides ADW.