At&t Moto X sim unlocked on T-mobile LTE

Search This thread

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
I couldn't get one off contract ( card to customize it on moto maker) they say I can sell u a white one or black one off contract. But their system didn't have that option to sell me a card to order it on moto maker off contract. I heard I have to keep trying other stores. Some managers cab overwrite that. Not sure.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

hdub32

Oct 20, 2010
Im also wondering if HSPA+ on T-Mobile. Cheers, awesome phone!

Fantastic! Mine will be arriving from moto on Monday. I was able to use motomaker early, and purchase through the site for full retail. Im in a tmo lte area but im also wonding if you were ablet to get any hspa+?

Im also in a refarmed 1900 tmo area so i think I should be ok.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Hi, I have been in 4 At&t stores today trying to purchase the Moto X with my prepay account. And all the store employee s and managers were telling me that I have to purchase with a 2 year contract. So I tried the last store and one of the employees OKed it and I got it. So I have T-Mobile service and I wanted to use on that and request an unlock from unlockcode247. com and after 3 hours they send me the code for just $13 so now I have the phone unlocked on T-Mobile LTE.

Here is the YouTube link I made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KULfQz-TPtc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I dont see anywhere on the site that mentions the moto x

vinnyjr

Jul 25, 2010
Boston
The 2 apk I disabled but the at&t address book is not possible to disable. The people app still address book pops up

Sent from my XT1058 using xda premium

Are you able to get T-Mobile HSPA+ on the AT&T Moto X or just the LTE Network. Just seen somewhere the phone is supposed to be Pentaband. That would be something else. I would like to get the 32gb version.
Thanks, Vinny

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
Fantastic! Mine will be arriving from moto on Monday. I was able to use motomaker early, and purchase through the site for full retail. Im in a tmo lte area but im also wonding if you were ablet to get any hspa+?

Im also in a refarmed 1900 tmo area so i think I should be ok.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

I dont see anywhere on the site that mentions the moto x

You were able to get the phone thru moto maker at a full price ? How please

hdub32

Oct 20, 2010

For some reason I was able to sneak into motomaker last Saturday. I believe it was during the time that friends and family and bloggers could order. At that time the site was taking orders, and one of the options was being able to pay full price. It didn't even make me sign into to any AT&T account luckily, since I don't have one.

Clarkkent434

Nov 20, 2010
Metropolis
droid-nation.com
For some reason I was able to sneak into motomaker last Saturday. I believe it was during the time that friends and family and bloggers could order. At that time the site was taking orders, and one of the options was being able to pay full price. It didn't even make me sign into to any AT&T account luckily, since I don't have one.

Tells us when you get your Moto X. Since the Moto maker is up. Now you can buy the Moto X unlocked and Att and T-Mobile are the same models. I don't see a reason to wait for T-Mobile Moto X unless you want it on contract.

Sent from VZW Note 2

hdub32

Oct 20, 2010
Tells us when you get your Moto X. Since the Moto maker is up. Now you can buy the Moto X unlocked and Att and T-Mobile are the same models. I don't see a reason to wait for T-Mobile Moto X unless you want it on contract.

Sent from VZW Note 2

Received mine yesterday and I was able to unlock the device. Enjoying it on Tmobile LTE and HSPA+. Got 26 mbps down earlier today. Its a freaking awesome phone!

Im not sure if the Att and Tmo versions are going to be the same, but I am getting lte and hspa+. It could also be that im in a refarmed market, im not really sure. I live in Los Angeles.

Reactions: Clarkkent434

hdub32

Oct 20, 2010
How did you unlock it?

I used a site called unlocked247(.com) they were the absolute cheapest. $2.50 for ATT unlock.

Funny story, I was so anxious to start using the phone that while I was waiting for the sites email, I called ATT and made up a story about leaving to London the next morning and was told if I called i could get it unlocked.

I told them that I called before i bought the phone, which i did, and confirmed that they would. So after speaking to his manager, the awesome rep came back with unlock code. As he's reading the code to me, I receive the email from the site I had used saying my code had been generated. Same exact code!

Code worked like a charm, and the phone is now unlocked!

herzzreh

Sep 26, 2006
Charleston
I used a site called unlocked247(.com) they were the absolute cheapest. $2.50 for ATT unlock.

Funny story, I was so anxious to start using the phone that while I was waiting for the sites email, I called ATT and made up a story about leaving to London the next morning and was told if I called i could get it unlocked.

I told them that I called before i bought the phone, which i did, and confirmed that they would. So after speaking to his manager, the awesome rep came back with unlock code. As he's reading the code to me, I receive the email from the site I had used saying my code had been generated. Same exact code!

Code worked like a charm, and the phone is now unlocked!

Site no workie... Calling up AT&T isn't an option for me, not their post-paid customer.

hdub32

Oct 20, 2010
Site no workie... Calling up AT&T isn't an option for me, not their post-paid customer.

sorry , i wrote it wrong, its unlockcode247(.com) and as far as ATT goes, im not a customer of theirs also, just went about in a nice way,and they were willing to help since I bough the phone for full price.

But go to that site, it works well. Towards the bottom you will see ATT unlock, use that one.

Clarkkent434

Nov 20, 2010
Metropolis
droid-nation.com
Received mine yesterday and I was able to unlock the device. Enjoying it on Tmobile LTE and HSPA+. Got 26 mbps down earlier today. Its a freaking awesome phone!

Im not sure if the Att and Tmo versions are going to be the same, but I am getting lte and hspa+. It could also be that im in a refarmed market, im not really sure. I live in Los Angeles.

Thanks man, I am just switching to T-Mobile from Verizon and appreciate the knowledge. I don't know if my area is refarmed or not. I looked for info but have not found anything.

Sent from VZW Note 2

fruehling

Dec 26, 2007
No need to pay to unlock. Just call At&t and tell them you are going to Europe and paid full price for the phone. They don't even check if you did. They will give you the unlock code based on your IMEI, etc.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Tempted to buy this and use it on my tmobile account but in rare cases I'm not getting signal I use wifi calling so I'm afraid I will regret it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I have been in 4 At&t stores today trying to purchase the Moto X with my prepay account. And all the store employee s and managers were telling me that I have to purchase with a 2 year contract. So I tried the last store and one of the employees OKed it and I got it. So I have T-Mobile service and I wanted to use on that and request an unlock from unlockcode247. com and after 3 hours they send me the code for just $13 so now I have the phone unlocked on T-Mobile LTE.

Here is the YouTube link I made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KULfQz-TPtc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I've got multiple signal connection diagnostic apps all saying I'm getting HSPA+ in the 1700 band and LTE on the 1900 band.

You're not getting AWS signal. It's not possible.
    The phone wasn't put through the FCC with those radios. (they may be there, but disabled- ala nexus 4 and LTE but i'm not sure)
    It doesn't matter what some app is saying.
    Sorry to sound like a ****, but it's fact.

TMobile provides AWS, HPSA on refarmed towers, and LTE.
    This phone will get HSPA/4G and LTE, AWS HSPA will not work.

I'm 99% certain its like this:
    AWS on 1700
    4G/HSPA/iPhone 3G signal on the newly refarmed 1900
    LTE on 1700 (different from aws band)

The signal icons are as followed:
    4G LTE = LTE on 1700
    4G = HSPA on 1900

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Whoops, that's correct, got the frequencies backwards. My phone is still reporting connections on both those bands, however, and the product specs still list the 1700 mhz frequency as being supported by the AT&T Moto X.

Yeah, you're grabbing Tmobie's LTE on 1700mhz.
    When it bounces over to HSPA+ or whatever it's jumping to the new 1900 band TMobile uses.

Ok, AT&T Moto X sim unlocked through unlockcode247.com and with a cut-down Tmobile sim card works fine on both HSPA+ and LTE bands. Speeds are exactly on par with the HTC One I have on Tmobile. The phone initially didn't want to connect to LTE but I rebooted and haven't had issues.

The 2 apk I disabled but the at&t address book is not possible to disable. The people app still address book pops up

Sent from my XT1058 using xda premium