[official][discussions] leaked version of BBM"black berry messnger" /Update #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Xxw0lfxX

Jan 12, 2011
Anyone have a working link to the apk?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 beta.

Xxw0lfxX

Jan 12, 2011
I'll probably never use it in all actuality. But I'd still like to try it.

Reactions: misternox

alexkanbar

Aug 27, 2013
I'll probably never use it in all actuality. But I'd still like to try it.

Nah bro i believe its IM there.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Nah bro i believe its IM there.

Correction: best IM there

atsfrnd

Sep 16, 2013
U knw with current technology touch keyboards are much fatser and they are optimised to work perfectpy with all fongers/hands

After having my Nexus One, I have never been able to go back to a physical keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
each to their own.. no really, i asked people why they prefer blackberry apart from BBM and they said physical keyboard..
until manufactures begin ressurecting phones with physical keyboard (again) i dont think BB handset will be gone anytime soon..

fkardame

Oct 28, 2011
Manama
hello dev ..
installed it n successfully created the bb is now it gets stuck on setting up bbm

i thought RIM would start bbm for android server today :S

still waiting n impatient lol

AhmadAymanEG

May 20, 2013
Armv6 ??

So .. what i realized , BBM apk would only run on Armv7 devices o_O could any one port it to Armv6 devices:confused: :confused: :confused: .. sorry for my bad english as well as im new to android :)

AhmadAymanEG

May 20, 2013
galaxy mini

Actually it works only on ICS and above where did u get the information about processors?

My galaxy mini is 4.0.4 .. successfully installed it .. but on opening it , it instantly force close .. tried to modify build.prop to run armv7 u know .. when i opened the app it stuck on a white app page with title BBM any suggestions ? :confused:

alexkanbar

Aug 27, 2013
My galaxy mini is 4.0.4 .. successfully installed it .. but on opening it , it instantly force close .. tried to modify build.prop to run armv7 u know .. when i opened the app it stuck on a white app page with title BBM any suggestions ? :confused:

Wait till the official version is available in play store.

Reactions: AhmadAymanEG

crohit911

Aug 15, 2013
Nagpur
I have an email id which was associated with my bb torch 9860 now i have an android s5282 how do I sign up for bbm on my android after it's released?

Sent from my GT-S5282 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [official][discussions] leaked version of BBM"black berry messnger" /Update #2

hi guys

i saw today a leaked version of BBM it is official from RIM but it is not functinal yet in another words it open and send activation Email but it can not been activated now
    screenshots

964500.jpg

964501.jpg

964503.jpg

Update #2 : BBm will not be launched this week :

this words from Andrew Bocking, the head of bbm project in BB:
    hi Android and iPhone users,

This is Andrew Bocking, head of BBM at BlackBerry. As a follow up to our first blog post on Saturday, I want to take a moment to provide you with an update on the rollout of BBM on Android and iPhone.

Last week, an unreleased, older version of the BBM for Android app was posted on numerous file sharing sites. We were aware of an issue with this unreleased version of the BBM for Android app. This older version resulted in volumes of data traffic orders of magnitude higher than normal for each active user and impacted the system in abnormal ways. The version we were planning to release on Saturday addressed these issues, however we could not block users of the unreleased version if we went ahead with the launch.

We attempted to address the problems caused by the unreleased version throughout the day on Saturday, but as active users of the unreleased app neared a million – and accelerated – it became clear that the only way to address the issue was to pause the rollout for both Android and iPhone.

The team is now focused on adjusting the system to completely block this unreleased version of the Android app when we go live with the official BBM for Android app. We are also making sure that the system is reinforced to handle this kind of scenario in the future. While this may sound like a simple task – it’s not. This will take some time and I do not anticipate launching this week.

Thank you for your patience while we take the time needed to deliver the experience you expect from BBM. We will continue to provide you with updates here on InsideBlackBerry.com and through @BBM on Twitter. We will notify everyone who has pre-registered on BBM.com when BBM is available on Android and iPhone."-Andrew Bocking, EVP, BBM

now for download :

Update #1 : there is no any working version on the internet right now including the ones in this post

the working version mediafire
    thanks to mafia 14 from crack berry

the picture inside the app : https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jezss2p11z32g8/Screenshot_2013-09-18-23-52-53.png

link 1

4shared

Note : this is the official Version from RIM , This is not a virus or Trojan or something like that so do not make your self fool and say it is

Hit thanks if you like it
    Yeah ok I'm over the troll fest that this thread has turned into. I find it disappointing that a few of you have to ruin it for the rest of the members who only wanted to have intelligent conversation about an upcoming product release. This thread has been cleaned several times with multiple warnings from the moderators yet people still continue to flame away. Any subsequent threads about bbm will be closed.

Thread closed
    FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT READ OR USE THE SEARCH FEATURE, HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

Information can be found from here ONLY:
    Twitter: @BBM OR @Blackberry
    Facebook: Blackberry
    Blog: Blackberry Blog
    Play Store: Blackberry Dev Account

THE LATEST NEWS ON BBM: IT'S ARRIVING NEXT WEEK ONLY!
    Official Blackberry Blog said:
    BBM for Android and iPhone Update – Note from the head of BBM
    Hi Android and iPhone users,

This is Andrew Bocking, head of BBM at BlackBerry. As a follow up to our first blog post on Saturday, I want to take a moment to provide you with an update on the rollout of BBM on Android and iPhone.

Last week, an unreleased, older version of the BBM for Android app was posted on numerous file sharing sites. We were aware of an issue with this unreleased version of the BBM for Android app. This older version resulted in volumes of data traffic orders of magnitude higher than normal for each active user and impacted the system in abnormal ways. The version we were planning to release on Saturday addressed these issues, however we could not block users of the unreleased version if we went ahead with the launch.

We attempted to address the problems caused by the unreleased version throughout the day on Saturday, but as active users of the unreleased app neared a million – and accelerated – it became clear that the only way to address the issue was to pause the rollout for both Android and iPhone.

The team is now focused on adjusting the system to completely block this unreleased version of the Android app when we go live with the official BBM for Android app. We are also making sure that the system is reinforced to handle this kind of scenario in the future. While this may sound like a simple task – it’s not. This will take some time and I do not anticipate launching this week.

Thank you for your patience while we take the time needed to deliver the experience you expect from BBM. We will continue to provide you with updates here on InsideBlackBerry.com and through @BBM on Twitter. We will notify everyone who has pre-registered on BBM.com when BBM is available on Android and iPhone.

Andrew Bocking
    EVP, BBM

THE LATEST NEWS ON BLACKBERRY: BLACKBERRY IN $4.7bn TAKEOVER DEAL WITH FAIRFAX
    BBC News said:
    Blackberry said in statement that Fairfax, its largest shareholder with about 10% of the stock, had offered $9 a share in cash to buy the company.

But Blackberry said it would continue to explore other options while negotiations with Fairfax continued.

On Friday, Blackberry announced 4,500 jobs cuts in a bid to stem losses.

The Canadian company said it expected to make a loss of up to $1bn after poor sales of its new handsets. In August, Blackberry said it was evaluating a possible sale.

On Monday, the company announced that it had "signed a letter of intent agreement under which a consortium to be led by Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited has offered to acquire the company subject to due diligence".

The statement continued: "Diligence is expected to be complete by November 4, 2013. The parties' intention is to negotiate and execute a definitive transaction agreement by such date."

However, Blackberry said it was not in exclusive talks with Fairfax and would continue to "actively solicit, receive, evaluate and potentially enter into negotiations" with other potential buyers.

Canadian billionaire Prem Watsa, Fairfax's chairman and chief executive, said: "We believe this transaction will open an exciting new private chapter for Blackberry, its customers, carriers and employees.

"We can deliver immediate value to shareholders, while we continue the execution of a long-term strategy in a private company with a focus on delivering superior and secure enterprise solutions to Blackberry customers around the world."

'End game'
    Brian Colello, analyst at Morningstar, said that taking Blackberry private would allow the company to reorganise without being under the glare of Wall Street investors.

He said: "Based on the company's disastrous earnings warning on Friday, I think a deal had to happen and the sooner the better. This is probably the only out for investors and the most likely outcome.

"The benefit to this sort of takeover is the ability for Blackberry and the consortium to reinvent the company without public scrutiny. It appears that the end game is going to be whether Blackberry can emerge as a niche supplier of highly-secured phones to enterprise customers and governments."

Ben Wood, chief of research at CCS Insight, also said that a deal with Fairfax would give Blackberry breathing space to assess its strategic options.

"Early indications suggest a retrenchment to the business market. Wider structural changes such as spinning off Blackberry Messenger and cutting back on hardware are also likely be carefully reviewed."

Blackberry's financial problems came to a head this year following disappointing sales of its new Z10 model smartphone.

Released in January - after many delays - the phone has failed to enthuse consumers.

Blackberry shares, which fell 17% on Friday after its jobs cut announcement, rose just over 1% on Monday.

THE LATEST NEWS/PEOPLE'S VIEWS ON GOOGLE PLAY FAKE APPS: GOOGLE NEEDS BETTER PLAY STORE MANAGEMENT AS FAKE BBM APPS CONFUSE CUSTOMERS
    Matthew Apostolou said:
    There are MANY fake BBM apps in the Play Store. Google keeps pulling them down but new ones are popping up and will keep on popping up. While there are always third-party knock-offs or similarly named apps listed in the Play Store, the situation with the BBM app highlights that the Play Store needs a better vetting, screening, and approval process for apps.

Quite a few of these fake BBM apps have been made by a single third-party developer and show up under multiple listings, often with different icons on the Play Store, both through Google’s browser web interface as well as on the Play Store accessed on an Android smartphone or tablet. Google will have to investigate further and see what can be done.

In the meantime, please stick to the OFFICIAL CHANNELS that can be found at the top of my post! Don't comment about new fake apps appearing- we know about them already! They're going to be pulled down by Google in time.

WOULD A MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE ANY NEW POSTS AFTER THIS, UNTIL THE NEXT OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT IS MADE? THIS WILL ENSURE THAT EVERYONE GETS TO READ THIS AND STOPS ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS REPEATEDLY
    Moderator had to cut a hundred of useless pages and you guys still doing this? So ungrateful to BB that is gonna give the bbm for FREE but delayed and you guys get nuts and angry??? This is not a facebook, understand the ethics and the rules.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    I never see it that way.. good point...

I always see it as: the leaked version was intentional because BBM Android still has bugs (unable to save edited setting for example) and BB already made promise to make BBM available before summer ends. So they fulfilled their promise but botched their own event... and now they have more time to polish the app...

But like I said, your point of view never across my mind before... good point...

Well...we as user have to see on Blackberry point of view...better yet try putting yourself in their situation right now...as a big company, do you want your long awaited cross-platform app being leaked and use just before you app is officially release? i can bet no one want that to happen right...do we as a user ever think that maybe the person who's leaked that app are one of the 4,500 people that will be lay off by the company? maybe they leaked it a way to get even for laying them off...Blackberry already said that they have lose 1 billions fiscal in Q2 and laying off some of its working can help them reduce the lost for next year...
    Blackberry are struggling right now and this leaked app can cause more lose to the company...for me delaying the launch is the only way for the user to understand how important this cross-platform app to their company and their wont tolerate any leaked version destroying the much awaited launch...

i personally don't blame Blackberry for this but i blame myself cause i'm also one from 1.1 millions android user that have register and used this leaked version....i should know better to just wait for the official release...now i'm one of the 1.1 millions people that give Blackberry 1.1 millions reason to delay their app from launching...