[Q] Help a noob confirm network-band models(Cricket)

Search This thread

bradc619

Aug 29, 2014
Short story GF needs a new phone been eyeing the moto g for a while. And cricket does have a moto g through there website but one thing is the internal memory is 8GBs ,happens to be the only model crickets offers. which is clearly not enough for a app heavy user. GPE has a 16GB version on googleplay perfect size. Just needed some help confirming GPE model will work with Cricket USA. (Any limits like 3G only or LTE capable from the bands provided by google on their playstore and whatever cricket bands are.)

Also stupid question cricket use sim? (I try not to ask gf cause she will beat me knowing I'm getting her a new phone :p and asking that question would be dead give away)

Thanks alot

silentdoh

Jun 14, 2012
Short story GF needs a new phone been eyeing the moto g for a while. And cricket does have a moto g through there website but one thing is the internal memory is 8GBs ,happens to be the only model crickets offers. which is clearly not enough for a app heavy user. GPE has a 16GB version on googleplay perfect size. Just needed some help confirming GPE model will work with Cricket USA. (Any limits like 3G only or LTE capable from the bands provided by google on their playstore and whatever cricket bands are.)

Also stupid question cricket use sim? (I try not to ask gf cause she will beat me knowing I'm getting her a new phone :p and asking that question would be dead give away)

Thanks alot

From what I understand, Cricket is an AT&T MVNO and will use sim cards, along with the AT&T towers. Also the version of the Moto G on the Google Play store is the European one, no idea why they would do that, but that means no 3G in the U.S. I'd suggest either getting the phone through Amazon, or from Motorola themselves, as they do carry it for sale directly.

bradc619

Aug 29, 2014
From what I understand, Cricket is an AT&T MVNO and will use sim cards, along with the AT&T towers. Also the version of the Moto G on the Google Play store is the European one, no idea why they would do that, but that means no 3G in the U.S. I'd suggest either getting the phone through Amazon, or from Motorola themselves, as they do carry it for sale directly.

If I buy from amazon which version model should I get the Global GSM(amazon references that model working with att so cricket is a safe bet if I'm correct just wanna make sure) or US GSM?