[Bootanimation][CWM Flash] CyanogenMod 10 (ported) [Sept 19, 2012]

Favorite Bootanimation?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Swammy1979

Apr 8, 2012
Los Angles, CA
I like evolve, and am using it right now. I REALLY like the look and smooth feel jof your ICE bootani as well, and am glad you started with that one (that's what initially impressed me and kept me loyal). Your 2 latest uploads are nice, just not my style. I am anxious to see what else you have up your sleeve!!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:
Reactions: PVLMTREE

twigster

Nov 16, 2009
Johannesburg
Thanks for these. Been looking for something to replace the new cm9 boot animation since it came out. I would really like the option of these on my sgs2 as well. Are you able to resize them or provide a version for the sgs2 size screen?

By the way, I'm on the p7100 10.1v. Put the boot animation.zip file directly to system/media using es explorer on cm9. No issues at all.

Sent from my GT-P7100 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

PVLMTREE

Mar 9, 2012
San Antonio
Thanks for these. Been looking for something to replace the new cm9 boot animation since it came out. I would really like the option of these on my sgs2 as well. Are you able to resize them or provide a version for the sgs2 size screen?

By the way, I'm on the p7100 10.1v. Put the boot animation.zip file directly to system/media using es explorer on cm9. No issues at all.

Sent from my GT-P7100 using XDA Premium HD app

Thanks for the result of the 10.1v!
And you can try to flash it or manually replace it with my boot animation.zip but the animation might be distorted. I would have to re-render the whole animation through After Effects for other resolutions, haha. But I'll see what I can do. Currently away from home*

Swammy1979

Apr 8, 2012
Los Angles, CA
Anybody figure out why the bootanimation doesn't loop? Mine used to work perfectly, but is now only playing the animation 1 time before going to a black screen for about 15 seconds. I tried manually moving the file to the appropriate location, but no resolution. I'm sure it's something simple and silly I did.

I don't think the problem is with your bootanimations, I am more convinced it's a user malfuncton. (My end)

Last edited:

PVLMTREE

Mar 9, 2012
San Antonio
Anybody figure out why the bootanimation doesn't loop? Mine used to work perfectly, but is now only playing the animation 1 time before going to a black screen for about 15 seconds. I tried manually moving the file to the appropriate location, but no resolution. I'm sure it's something simple and silly I did.

I don't think the problem is with your bootanimations, I am more convinced it's a user malfuncton. (My end)

Which boot animation are you currently having issues with? Try reflashing with CWM, if not, then manual overwrite. It should work fine, unless you changed to a whole different type of ROM. /=

Swammy1979

Apr 8, 2012
Los Angles, CA
Problem seems to be with the xda ice bootanimation. I flashed 'evolve' using cwm, and it booted perfectly. I went back into cwm and flashed 'ice' again, and problem came back. I may have orrupt download, so will redownload and try again.

Swammy1979

Apr 8, 2012
Los Angles, CA
Problem seems to be with the xda ice bootanimation. I flashed 'evolve' using cwm, and it booted perfectly. I went back into cwm and flashed 'ice' again, and problem came back. I may have orrupt download, so will redownload and try again.

Still a no-go. Redownloaded the xda-ice bootanimation, and it still fails to loop. It did work at one time, though I'm not sure what I changed to make it stop working properly. For now I will go back to evolve since it loops correctly, but I will gladly tweak my tablet to try and get it working properly if you have any ideas.

PVLMTREE

Mar 9, 2012
San Antonio
Still a no-go. Redownloaded the xda-ice bootanimation, and it still fails to loop. It did work at one time, though I'm not sure what I changed to make it stop working properly. For now I will go back to evolve since it loops correctly, but I will gladly tweak my tablet to try and get it working properly if you have any ideas.

Hmm, it might be some weird commands that your tab is not picking up. But I honestly will make more animations, so you might have fun with the new ones. But I have to wait for a tad bit longer till I get a better hard drive. Thanks for the support though! :)

Swammy1979

Apr 8, 2012
Los Angles, CA
Awesome, I love it! Ever think about making a customized animation? (For a donation amount, that is)

Fejglobal

Jun 16, 2012
Just flashed CMTwitch9, love it, though all of them are impressive

Btw is there a way to change our delete the "galaxy tab"screen at the very beginning

Sent from my GT-P7500 using XDA Premium HD app

PVLMTREE

Mar 9, 2012
San Antonio
Just flashed CMTwitch9, love it, though all of them are impressive

Btw is there a way to change our delete the "galaxy tab"screen at the very beginning

There is a way, but it's tricky.
The most direct way can be handled through adb. But I will try to find a more simple method for you later on.

Fejglobal

Jun 16, 2012
There is a way, but it's tricky.
The most direct way can be handled through adb. But I will try to find a more simple method for you later on.

No worries was just wondering, it appears for only few seconds anyways, so wouldn't want you to waste your time on it, nevertheless thanks for your kind offer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2hdd0n7.png

Prerequisites
    Rooted with Clockwork Mod Recovery installed. (Pershoot's 6.0.1.1 is out also)
    Any custom ROM that loads the animation via /system/media like Galaxy Tab 10.1 or Galaxy Tab 10.1v.​
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

INFO for XDA ICE
    I bring to you guys a sleek high-quality bootanimation made to support XDA Developers. XDA ICE is my first and well-tested bootanimation made for either Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi and 3G. This makes the ICS-feel even more colder! I hope you FEEL THE ICE!​
    INFO for Tab EVOLVE
    This new animation is a multiple element intro bringing you the FIRE and ICE feel. This is solely for the Galaxy Tab 10.1, which has an embedded Galaxy Tab logo in it. This can be use for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi and 3G. Wish this animation EVOLVE your tab into something.. indulging. (;
    Changelog:
    Re-adjust screen orientation
    Color Correction adjustments

Also soon featured in Ganbarou ROM! Preview.
    INFO for CMTwitch9
    Are you a CM9 Flashaholic? Them Nightlies get better and better? Well I bet your Tablet can be even better to the extreme with this new CMTwitch9 animation! I've spent countless hours putting together a well simple yet Top-Notch CM9 Custom animation for you guys. You guys won't regret flashing this baby. Supporting CM9 Development. Let this be a wake-up for your Tab till it TWITCH!​
    INFO for SUPERDROID
    Android is an unknown superhero. When the community needs the help, SUPERDROID delivers! He flies at lightning speed and transform into so called SUPERDROID! He has a new sleek aggressive design and ready to fight anything that gets in his way. -- Although we wish that can happen, we can use our imagination. In other hands, this new animation is my creation of SUPERDROID, made from the raw PSD file of the regular android logo. Spent hours putting together an attractive version of Android into a transformation animated boot. SUPERDROID is on your side!​
    INFO for Simply
    A simple modified Samsung boot animation. That's all. :) Simply Amazing.​
    INFO for STS - Sony Tablet S [Ported]
    A very sleek simple abstract bootanimation ported from the Sony Tablet S. Requested by XDA Senior Member Duvel999. Enjoy! [Updated v2]
    Changelog:
    Configure Res-to-screen
    FPS Improvement
    INFO for AngryDroid [Ported]
    The rivalry of Android and Apple. Android pissing on Apple. Requested by XDA Member dillfever. This took a fair amount of trial and error for this bootanimation, I don't know why. But, enjoy!
    Changelog:
    Revert to original resolution
    Static removed
    FPS Improvement
    INFO for CyanogenMod 10 [Ported]
    A new bootanimation was created for CM10. All credit goes to the CyanogenMod Animation experts.
    Changelog:
    Configure Orientation
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

PREVIEW
    Note: The bootanimation looks way better on the Tab -- due to the crisp colors our Tab gives off.
    YouTube - XDA ICE Bootanimation
    YouTube - Tab EVOLVE Bootanimation
    YouTube - CMTwitch9 Bootanimation
    YouTube - SUPERDROID Bootanimation
    YouTube - Simple Bootanimation
    YouTube - STS Video by Daniel Cotton
    YouTube - AngryDroid
    YouTube - CyanogenMod 10 Video by 73v1n

While you're here, take a minute and check out this short film! :) Lost Love Short Film

INSTRUCTIONS
    Simple as can be. Flash the (CWM Flashable).zip file through CWMR and reboot.
    thank.png
    Thanks me so I know if you guys love it! :)

TROUBLESHOOTING
    If the flashable zip was unsuccessful, you may manually overwrite the current boot animation with the bootanimation.zip file that is provided under the BOOTANIMATION.ZIP DOWNLOADS section with any root explorer like ES File Explorer via Play Store. Replace the current bootanimation.zip file under /system/media with (your desire custom bootani selection) bootanimation.zip file then reboot to see results. If issues persist (no loop, no animation, etc), it could be that your ROM is not compatible for custom animation. Thank you!
    This MIGHT help as a last resort. More in-depth with the manual installation.

USE Ryrzy's Kernel, which enables bootanimation. Thread can be found here.

Tested on GT-P75** WIFI/3G AOKP: Pass
    Tested on GT-P75** WIFI/3G CM9: Pass
    Tested on GT-P75** WIFI/3G Task14: Pass
    WIFI/3G Jelly Bean [AOSP/CM10]: Pass

DOWNLOADS via Dropbox
    XDA ICE CWM-Flashable | bootanimation.zip
    Tab EVOLVE CWM-Flashable | bootanimation.zip
    CMTwitch9 CWM-Flashable | bootanimation.zip
    SUPERDROID CWM-Flashable | bootanimation.zip
    Simply CWM-Flashable | bootanimation.zip
    STS CWM-Flashable | bootanimation.zip
    AngryDroid CWM-Flashable | bootanimation.zip
    CyanogenMod 10 CWM-Flashable | bootanimation.zip

Mirror: DOWNLOADS via MediaFire
    MediaFire Folder containing all CWM Flashables and bootanimation.zips!
    Thanks for testing on JB guys. And thanks again for the kind compliments.
    After I update my Adobe After Effects and juggle my busy schedule, I will continue to produce more boot animations for you guys.
    :)
    New boot animation added: Simply
    Update: CWM Link Updated
    What a question???? Evolve of course! ;););)

But I mean this one ==> Evolve for Ganbarou GT ROM

Thanks to :good:jtdo:highfive: my next ROM has now finally a nice custom bootanimation. :laugh:
    XDA ICE
    INFO
    I bring to you guys a sleek high-quality bootanimation made to support XDA Developers. XDA ICE is my first and well-tested bootanimation made for either Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi and 3G. It's a jump from ICS, yet colder: I hope you FEEL THE ICE!

PREVIEW
    YouTube - XDA ICE Bootanimation

INSTRUCTIONS
    Simple as can be. Flash this .zip file through CWMR and reboot.​

looks nice. is this only compatible with ICS roms?