[Q] Note 3 SM-N9005 and Audio Technica ATH-S700BT Headphones Problem...

Search This thread

Pyongyang

Nov 2, 2010
Hi All,

Long time lurker/member but new to posting so please go easy! :fingers-crossed:

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (bought and using it in Ireland). I rooted it tonight (using the XDA tutorial video) also installed Triangle Away. No issues with any of this so far.

However today I received some Audio Technica ATH-S700BT Bluetooth headphones from an online store in Japan. Prior to rooting my device this evening, I tried powering on the headphones after charging them for a while, but the Note 3 won't detect the headphones at all during a scan. Tried a few other apps too, again, no search results.

I currently have a Samsung Gear 2 Neo paired to it and I also have an ODB-II device in the pair history that I use occasionally. These work fine.

I read somewhere that Japan uses a different Bluetooth frequency to Europe and RoW. Though would this be the cause of the problem? I believe the headphones are Bluetooth 3.0+EDR, though please find a link below to the spec sheet and a manual (in Japanese) which may help?

audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php?modelId=2362 - Product Page (Japanese)

audio-technica.co.jp/items/contents/101/model/ATH-S700BT/donwload/ATH-S700BT.pdf - Product Manual (Japanese)

I'm hoping I can use these with my Note 3 via Bluetooth. Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks very much in advance!

:good::laugh: