Whatsapp message delay

Search This thread

daffie

Sep 9, 2005
The Hague
I know there are several threads on the subject, but wanted to ask for any Nexus 7 (2013) user experiences specifically.

Installed WA on my N7 and it works fine, but somehow messages are not received when the app is non-active.

I can't seem to figure it out. Maybe someone has a helpful tip?

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
I know there are several threads on the subject, but wanted to ask for any Nexus 7 (2013) user experiences specifically.

Installed WA on my N7 and it works fine, but somehow messages are not received when the app is non-active.

I can't seem to figure it out. Maybe someone has a helpful tip?

Does it still notify you if you open the app, multitask out of it, but never clear it from the recents list?

daffie

Sep 9, 2005
The Hague
Does it still notify you if you open the app, multitask out of it, but never clear it from the recents list?

It appears it does. But other times again, messages won't come through. Pretty annoying, and I'm tempted to re-install WA on my phone again, as it always worked just fine. Only on the N7 (tablet) does it not work 100%. But, I guess I have been warned by WA when installing it (tablets are not supported).

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
It appears it does. But other times again, messages won't come through. Pretty annoying, and I'm tempted to re-install WA on my phone again, as it always worked just fine. Only on the N7 (tablet) does it not work 100%. But, I guess I have been warned by WA when installing it (tablets are not supported).

Is your other phone (you didn't say which) running KitKat? It has notification problems. Sometimes the notifications come through, but disappear immediately. Also, in KitKat, when you swipe an app from the recent list, it actually removes it from memory. Which explains why it works as long as you don't swipe it from recents.

Do these issues correspond with the problems you are having?

daffie

Sep 9, 2005
The Hague
Is your other phone (you didn't say which) running KitKat? It has notification problems. Sometimes the notifications come through, but disappear immediately. Also, in KitKat, when you swipe an app from the recent list, it actually removes it from memory. Which explains why it works as long as you don't swipe it from recents.

Do these issues correspond with the problems you are having?

I do use Kitkat 4.4.2 (Sinless rom) on both the N7 and the HTC One. The exact same setup on both devices, incl EX kernel. Good to know about the swiping recents list.

I'll have to do some more testing as I don't receive WA messages all the time, but only every now and then.

Cheers for the help so far.