Galaxy note vs galaxy nexus

Search This thread

anakin1979

Dec 25, 2011
I hope not. With the Note's dual core 1.4 processor vs the Nexus' dual core 1.2, shouldnt ICS fly on the Note?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007
I would say there is a bit more to this as the launcher. There is more apps and settings/set ups integrated.

But years ago. Even on stock roms, when rooted you can shutdown most of it :).

We will see how it will be :)

Corriewf

Aug 1, 2010
I will say without a doubt, the nexus s is the fastest single core gingerbread phone. The software was optimized for it. I truly believe the galaxy nexus will be the fastest phone on ics that's dual core. The only facet the note will beat galaxy nexus is in games and camera. It's sad but true...

If you want a silky smooth ics experience, it's going to be the galaxy nexus. If you want a slightly laggy ics experience with better pictures and gaming experience, it's going to be the note. This is not even discussing the multimedia experience of a larger screen vs smaller.

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
i think theyre both great phones it just depends on what you want. im buying the note tomorrow (02/18). i also was debating on which one to choose and i went with the bigger screen cause i use my phone a lot for multimedia and browsing the web ect... but the nexus is also great and people need to realise that the nexus series is mostly about software, their purpose is not to compete with specs and such, its for google to have a device running their platform untouched so they can improve things and show what android is about. But yeah... im going for the NOTE!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

I will say without a doubt, the nexus s is the fastest single core gingerbread phone. The software was optimized for it. I truly believe the galaxy nexus will be the fastest phone on ics that's dual core. The only facet the note will beat galaxy nexus is in games and camera. It's sad but true...

If you want a silky smooth ics experience, it's going to be the galaxy nexus. If you want a slightly laggy ics experience with better pictures and gaming experience, it's going to be the note. This is not even discussing the multimedia experience of a larger screen vs smaller.

youre wrong, the galaxy s 2 has early build of ICS and its not only smoother and faster than the Galaxy nexus, it benchmarks a lot higher

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
I agree if you want lagginess and bigger screen toppled with less development support, better camera, internet browsing, games go with Note. Think twice about taking calls in public, you could be mocked or verse phiscally abused.
If you want faster, smoother, ics and more development support go with nexus galaxy and biggest selling point you can take calls in public without worrying about being ridiculed unless you are amongst iPhone lovers ofcourse.

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
Battery life on nexus is poor but is so much smoother.
I will repeat if you don't mind taking calls on the note then i would highly recommend the note over SNG everytime.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Mafiatounes

New Note user here coming from.. Yes the Galaxy Nexus.

First of all i had major issues with the GNex, wifi didnt work at home no more, alot of reboots out of the sudden, and also sometimes the screen didnt wont to go on.

I know for sure that the Note has better hardware than the GNex the one thing the Note needs is ICS and it will beat the GNex hands down.

Sent from my beautiful Samsung Galaxy Note

big samm

Mar 31, 2007
Montreal
I have both, i love the note but miss ICS. Samsung have all kinds of crapware that we can't uninstall... And i hate touch wiz, ya heard Samsung!

Sent from my SGH-I717M

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
After few days with Note I must admit I prefer this over every other handset I have that includes the nexus galaxy. Didn't think I would be saying that!

I can't go back to nexus galaxy probably wait for htc endeavor.
My only criticism is touchwiz, slight lag even after root, keyboard, no led notification. Lacks Development support compared to gs2 or nexus galaxy.

Having said that I would recommend the Note to anyone if size isn't an issue.

big samm

Mar 31, 2007
Montreal
I have both and love both! Gnex ( Gsm model) for the pure google experience, no crapware installed, ics, pentaband, but the battery is weak in my opinion. The note is full of crapware, touch wiz is lame, and it sports gingerbread which is inferior to ics. But the screen on this monster is freaking sick, battery life is phenomenal compare to my Gnex, camera is awesome and it rocks lte... Netflix and youtube are instant no buffering breaks, no waiting at all. Both have their plus and minus.

Sent from my iPad 3G

Bxsteez

Jun 9, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I'm gonna throw my two cents in for a bit. I own both the GSM Galaxy Nexus and Unlocked White Galaxy Note. I've used the early leak of ICS on the Note and I would say launcher to launcher the Galaxy Note has less lag. Assuming that launcher is Nova or some other ICS launcher. This is not the same case for ADW and other third party launchers. GNexus is far superior with those. So as far as speed i don't think you can make a legit comparison until we get a stable ICS build on the Note. But i would assume based on the leak that the Note will be faster!

As far as screen. The GNexus screen is far superior to that of the Note. Well maybe its not the screen but how the SW handles the screen. There is a thread on this pixel off issue on the Note where you see strange distortion when you have black areas on the screen intermixed with colorful ones. There was hope it would be corrected in ICS but it wasn't in the leak, although that isn't to say that it won't be corrected in official build or in CM9. The Nexus screen is just gorgeous! The Note's isn't bad but that issue makes me give the win to the Nexus.

As far as build quality. I would have to give that one to the Nexus. It may just be the white Note but the back is super slick and there are creaks when squeezing the device. I also love the idea of a multitasking button that is on the Nexus. Much more useful to me than a menu button although I would love all 4 buttons. With the Nexus you have that nice option of having all 4.

Just my two cents. I cycle through phones quite a bit. I use to make roms for winmo before it became wp7. I've owned countless android phones so this is just coming from my experience.

Bxsteez

Jun 9, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
And constantly hitting that reset button lol.. Those were the days of built DUN profiles and great physical keyboards and horrible SW and touchscreens

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In Response to Shark_On_Land:

"You're my age cut the capital D happy faces."
    Who gives a **** about someone using smileys!
    Can you be more superficial about stupid ****?:D

"The Note is going to be like the dell streak."
    -wrong, Samsung has already sold a million

"I thought it was way too big to be practical, and my predictions were correct."
    -your reasoning for this is incorrect. The streak was marketed extremely badly,
    shipped with an very old version of android, and had performance issues.

"They phone/tablet had horrible sales."
    -Yes as stated above for different reasons which are not an issue with Samsung Note and as stated they have sold a million Samsung Notes already.

"This seems to be a little smaller but I think 4.6 is max."
    -a pattern of you being wrong again and again...
    The Samsung Note is 5.3 which is even bigger then the Dell Streak.

"I think 4.3 big enough already but holding a 5+ inch phone in your pocket all day seems like a pain."
    -another assumption? It is not a problem to have this phone even in the skinny pants that I wear all the time and I am extremely physically active.

"Galaxy nexus is my next phone the moment it drops on the sprint network"
    -another bad choice, most of the world uses GSM and for good reason. If your are going to go with CDMA at least go with Verizon who has acceptable coverage only in the US. AT&T with an unlocked phone is the best choice especially if you are worldly and like to travel.
    The Note is going to be like the dell streak. I thought it was way too big to be practical, and my predictions were correct. They phone/tablet had horrible sales. This seems to be a little smaller but I think 4.6 is max . I think 4.3 big enough already but holding a 5+ inch phone in your pocket all day seems like a pain.

When i bought my Note, I thought I would use it primarily as a small tablet, and that I would continue to use my HTC Sensation as my regular phone.

I learned very quickly that the size of the Note wasn't an issue, and that when I used my Sensation I just found it felt small and cramped. So, I swapped my primary SIM into the Note, and now use it as a daily driver.

Consequently, I fundamentally disagree with your assertion that the Note is too big, because it really isn't noticable either in the hand, or in the pocket.

Regards,

Dave

Here's Your Answer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JyfrD4VrHY

I just couldn't resist posting this!
    I had an SGS2, and I had to decide between the Galaxy Nexus and the Note. The note's hardware is AWESOME. People complain of lag sometimes with the Note... The Nexus has its own set of issues.

I played with both, and honestly, the Note to me is far superior in battery life, screen size (which is a big plus), camera (which I believe is better than my SGS2 camera), and a lot of other ways. The Nexus is a good phone, but if you have a choice, I'd go for the note. I have no issues with it in my pocket. It's larger, but it's no wider than any wallet and by far thinner than any wallet (with stuff in it!). I carry it in my jean pocket every day, all day, and I've never had an issue. I even have a TPU case on it which makes it even thicker and it's fine.
    well my problem ain't the phone size i think i can used to it
    but a lot of ppl say that the phone is a little bit laggy so am gonna w8 till ics is released

I honestly don't know where this is coming from - I truly don't see a particular "lag" issue. Ok, some transitions aren't always as smooth as they could possibly be, but generally I only see this when I'm doing a lot (e.g. lots of market updates) and they really don't effect the speed of interaction with the phone - i.e. I might get a slight stutter when pulling down the notification bar, but it still generally drops down in the same total elapsed time (if you get my drift).

Regards,

Dave