[ROM] [GSM] Official CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly

Search This thread

akira02rex

Nov 7, 2010
It could be because the Play Store was updated...the new version is now 3.10.14...try clearing Play Store's cache and data.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

It just seems that everyone is more concerned with yelling at the younger inexperienced members or just complaining... Personally, I've always just ignored dumb posts and people...but nowadays, it just seems to happen a hell of a lot more.

Well, here's where the problem lies:

Someone boasts on here "Next nightly will have blah blah feature!!"

Someone replies (maybe me? whomever) "What't that?"

Someone replies back "GOOGLE IT! SEARCH!!"

Ok.. Now, given that someone was opening an opportunity up for talking about this new "feature" but doesn't want to talk about it sure does show a lot about their ****ty character. Instead, they could have been a bit more productive with their reply. In fact, after I posted about "What is fstrim?" I actually did google it... ****.

Let's look at this from the big picture now:
Let's say this conversation on the forum had followed through with a short fstrim topic which would have been great!
Now, if anyone searches Google about android and fstrim they could potentially be directed to this very forum topic and learn everything they needed to know... but now instead they will be directed to this forum topic and see a post "GOOGLE IT!!"..
See my point? It became a waste of time for future people searching the issue. Share the wealth of information...

Last edited:

Garner

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 25, 2009
C:\windows\system32\
It just seems that everyone is more concerned with yelling at the younger inexperienced members or just complaining... Personally, I've always just ignored dumb posts and people...but nowadays, it just seems to happen a hell of a lot more.

I feel its getting worse and spoiling it for new members seems like the more experienced members have forgot about when they started learning

irfanbakri

Reactions: cinek1987cinek

aksolanki

Mar 14, 2011
Lugo, Italy.
www.thisiswhatwedo.com
Hi, I'm currently running Cyanogenmod 10 (4.1.2). I'm thinking of updating to 10.1 (4.2.2), the reason I haven't done already is because in previous builds the option to customise the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen was missing.

Is this feature back? I'm a right handed user so I like having the back button on the right of my screen.

righthandside-Aa4695lLCG.png

Thanks in advance. Anil

Molitro

Oct 19, 2010
Google Pixel 5
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hi, I'm currently running Cyanogenmod 10 (4.1.2). I'm thinking of updating to 10.1 (4.2.2), the reason I haven't done already is because in previous builds the option to customise the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen was missing.

Is this feature back? I'm a right handed user so I like having the back button on the right of my screen.

Thanks in advance. Anil

The feature is there.

I think pretty much everything is already implemented.

Reactions: aksolanki

dirtyreturn

Aug 14, 2011
Nexus 7
Huawei Nexus 6P
Re: [ROM][GSM] Official CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly

Thanks in advance. Anil

I had been running 4.1.2 and I recall it being in settings/system/ navigation bar. It is definitely in 4.2.2.

gparmar76

Dec 20, 2010
NJ

Well, here's where the problem lies:

Someone boasts on here "Next nightly will have blah blah feature!!"

Someone replies (maybe me? whomever) "What't that?"

Someone replies back "GOOGLE IT! SEARCH!!"

Ok.. Now, given that someone was opening an opportunity up for talking about this new "feature" but doesn't want to talk about it sure does show a lot about their ****ty character. Instead, they could have been a bit more productive with their reply. In fact, after I posted about "What is fstrim?" I actually did google it... ****.

Let's look at this from the big picture now:
Let's say this conversation on the forum had followed through with a short fstrim topic which would have been great!
Now, if anyone searches Google about android and fstrim they could potentially be directed to this very forum topic and learn everything they needed to know... but now instead they will be directed to this forum topic and see a post "GOOGLE IT!!"..
See my point? It became a waste of time for future people searching the issue. Share the wealth of information...

I have no problem answering people if I know the answer...I'm more annoyed at the people who would rather say nonsense like "Google it" or RTFM...its just unproductive...if you really don't like the posts some people make, just ignore and move on...but being nasty to anyone, whether they are new here or not, is just dumb and it gives XDA a bad reputation...everyone here was a "noob" at one point...and if the people who scorn others with idiotic comments say things like "I learned everything I know by reading for hours and testing everything"...they are just flat out liars.

Reactions: marhensa

jzero88

Feb 1, 2010
Orange County
I have no problem answering people if I know the answer...I'm more annoyed at the people who would rather say nonsense like "Google it" or RTFM...its just unproductive...if you really don't like the posts some people make, just ignore and move on...but being nasty to anyone, whether they are new here or not, is just dumb and it gives XDA a bad reputation...everyone here was a "noob" at one point...and if the people who scorn others with idiotic comments say things like "I learned everything I know by reading for hours and testing everything"...they are just flat out liars.

I think the underlying problem really is moderation. There is ALWAYS going to be people who will ask a question that has been asked already in the thread and A) didnt want to search XDA, or B) didnt want to search Google. Hell, EVERYONE newb or experienced has done it at some point or another, lets get real here.

And comments or posts stating to "google it" etc, those fools just need to get slapped. These posters are just as bad if not WORSE! than the original question.

So, since this has been an endless cycle, what must we do as a community?? Moderate! Hello! Start silencing those posters who say "google it" etc in the thread. No warnings, these things should be stated in the FAQ/Rules/etc, and anyone who is posting a question that HAS been asked before and doesn't refer to a link that they found while TRYING to find their answer, silence or boot them too! So simple.

After a couple of people are booted/silenced and some complaints, THIS community will get the idea. MODERATE PEOPLE!!

Reactions: viskon and Gregus59

akira02rex

Nov 7, 2010
I'm back on CM10.1.. went from CM to Purity to Orca.. now back to CM. They are just too good to pass up really.
I feel as if 90% of the roms for the nexus are just too "childish" - bloated with features that don't ever get used and if they did it means you're tweaking your phone more than you're using it.

Thanks CM team for a wonderful free product.

gparmar76

Dec 20, 2010
NJ

I think the underlying problem really is moderation. There is ALWAYS going to be people who will ask a question that has been asked already in the thread and A) didnt want to search XDA, or B) didnt want to search Google. Hell, EVERYONE newb or experienced has done it at some point or another, lets get real here.

And comments or posts stating to "google it" etc, those fools just need to get slapped. These posters are just as bad if not WORSE! than the original question.

So, since this has been an endless cycle, what must we do as a community?? Moderate! Hello! Start silencing those posters who say "google it" etc in the thread. No warnings, these things should be stated in the FAQ/Rules/etc, and anyone who is posting a question that HAS been asked before and doesn't refer to a link that they found while TRYING to find their answer, silence or boot them too! So simple.

After a couple of people are booted/silenced and some complaints, THIS community will get the idea. MODERATE PEOPLE!!

Thank you...we need moderation...but against the kind of belligerence that rears its ugly face time after time here...it doesn't matter if its justified in any way...belligerent behavior against anyone, whether there's truth to it or not, needs to stop...this is still an internet forum....people need to learn tolerance...whether its a moderator or member...XDA should be a place for learning and encouragement for those who don't know...no one will care or even attempt to do things properly if they are belittled for doing the wrong thing.

jzero88

Feb 1, 2010
Orange County
Thank you...we need moderation...but against the kind of belligerence that rears its ugly face time after time here...it doesn't matter if its justified in any way...belligerent behavior against anyone, whether there's truth to it or not, needs to stop...this is still an internet forum....people need to learn tolerance...whether its a moderator or member...XDA should be a place for learning and encouragement for those who don't know...no one will care or even attempt to do things properly if they are belittled for doing the wrong thing.

I completely agree, and I also believe in having the freedom to say and do what you like whether online or in person, BUT of course there are limitations. If XDA wants to be known for great development, community, etc, they need to weed out those small few people who ruin a thread for the rest of us. Ultimately, it could be as easy as giving the OP the ability to silence certain people from an IP, not just a user name.

For instance, JoeBlow posts a stupid nonsense post, OP silences the user BUT to completely silence user, needs at least 5 votes on that certain post, once votes are reached, user is completely silenced from the thread. Not the whole XDA just that thread! Seems simple and easy right? How would we get something like this incorporated? It's time the users start getting a voice in XDA

Sdobron

Sep 5, 2010

I'm back on CM10.1.. went from CM to Purity to Orca.. now back to CM. They are just too good to pass up really.
I feel as if 90% of the roms for the nexus are just too "childish" - bloated with features that don't ever get used and if they did it means you're tweaking your phone more than you're using it.

Thanks CM team for a wonderful free product.

Well said.

Every AOSP ROM is a kang from PA, AOKP or CM. PA is loaded with bloat, can't say much about AOKP since I haven't used it since ICS. CM just does it best for me.

Reactions: Fenvarien

josip-k

Feb 20, 2011
Jastrebarsko
Samsung Galaxy S20
ASUS ZenFone 8

I can say,only CyanogenMod and RasBeanJelly do the thing for me. PA is too bloated,AOKP has too much features and i dont like transparent status bar and nav bar. Cyanogenmod is just almost perfect,and Rasbean would be the most perfect rom if we could select wich toggles to have.

akira02rex

Nov 7, 2010
I can say,only CyanogenMod and RasBeanJelly do the thing for me. PA is too bloated,AOKP has too much features and i dont like transparent status bar and nav bar. Cyanogenmod is just almost perfect,and Rasbean would be the most perfect rom if we could select wich toggles to have.

Well, I would say, out of all the roms that fitted the bloated category, AOKP, is probably the most organized professional variety. The CM team has been doing this for a very long time and they've nailed this whole custom rom thing down. There's a reason why Steve Kondik was hired by Samsung, and Ubuntu chose CM as their base.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is The Official Cyanogenmod 10.1 for Maguro Galaxy Nexus

RDkPp.png

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What are Nightly build ? : auto compile build from the CyanogenMod github, each time there are new corrections on it.
    This version change each night, and aren't support officialy, if you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here.

There are no Google Apps bundled with CM ROMs, because Google asked Cyanogen to remove copyrighted apps from his roms,
    after flashing rom don't forget to flash Google Addon package if you want it.

Instructions:

If it's the first time flashing CyanogenMod 10.1 or coming from another ROM :
    • Install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions here.
    • Do a NANDroid backup of your current ROM from backup/restore menu.
    • Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe cache partition
    • Flash CyanogenMod Rom .Zip file.
    • Install Gapps package.

Changelogs:

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#maguro/cm10.1/next

Download Links:

Get the Latest Nightly Build from here : http://get.cm/?device=maguro

Gapps (check always the latest version) : http://goo.gl/MGOLh

I'm not one of the Cyanogenmod team i'm just sharing the ROM with you guys
    Alien Cid Cyanogenmod Holo Wallpaper for Gnex resolution
    Download attachment or download from Zedge and if you like it don't forget to press the thanks button

4jvl.jpg
    back again to the official nightly..
    just because this awesome app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyandelta
    CyanDelta Updater (it's free)

living on the third world country,
    internet connection is a pain in the a$$
    bandwith is expensive.

150 MB per nightly update, no more.

with this app, it automagically calculate the ONLY differences between your current rom and the latest nightly update.
    and the result, we only download about 3-8 MB per nightly update.

even this app has feature to automatically flash additional zips if you want to,
    like kernel zip, customization zip, etc.. after the main zip is flashed.
    awesome!! :D

F3ZJy.jpg

forget the official updater (Settings>About>CM Updates>Check for update)
    this app is much more awesome,
    i'm wondering why the CM team are not implementing this such way of updating rom.

CyanDelta only supports rom released on http://get.cm (the official cm).
    that's why i'm back here from cm jellybro.
    D
    Deleted member 3920726
    Got tired of having to install the CM camera after a clean flash, so I removed the Google camera from the Gapps and now I flash this instead.

If anyone wants it, you can download it from here.

http://d-h.st/Lzg
    Nav bar customisation coming in next nightly!! :D

http://10.1.cmxlog.com/?device=maguro

About time!