[Q] updating problem with Nokia Lumia 920. Error code:80072ee7

Search This thread

ahmedeissa

Jul 31, 2011
Windows 8.0 phone - Good wireless connection; full battery; working Nokia and Microsoft accounts; enough empty space available; hard reset twice or more; correct time and date.

I do not receive any apps updates yet I always get an error message saying "We are currently unable to check for updates."

*first-time user of a windows phone

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
thanks for replying
the version is OS 8.0.10211.204
firmware version 1232.5951.1249.1017

is possible you have too old software and update server not recognize or give update for current phone version. you can use Nokia Software Recovery Tool to update to latest official WP8 version: 3051.40000.1349.0025 (this is latest official version of WP8.0 called "Black")... also dont forget to update Nokia system apps after software upgrade (you can use app SysApp Pusher from Store)

after if you want test version of WP8.1 via Preview for Developers, just use links from my previous post

Last edited:

ahmedeissa

Jul 31, 2011
thanks for replying. before i saw your reply i had already used Nokia Software Updater for Retail and i updated my phone's system
to firmware version: 3051.40000.1349.0002 and not 3051.40000.1349.0025 as you mentioned
and the software version is still OS 8.0 not 8.1 or other versions
when i connect to the software updater it tells me that there are no newer versions. it doesn't show the 8.1 version

ahmedeissa

Jul 31, 2011
8.1 not official released. You must activate Preview for Developers to install 8.1. Read my first post, there is link how to make this

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

thanks for your reply. Is the phone's hardware compatible with android? (jellybean)
also there's freedom.apk for android phones, is there something similar to it that would work with windows phones?
also as you may know there's "black market" for android phones that allows you to download applications for free. is there something like it for windows phones 8.0?

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
thanks for your reply. Is the phone's hardware compatible with android? (jellybean)
also there's freedom.apk for android phones, is there something similar to it that would work with windows phones?
also as you may know there's "black market" for android phones that allows you to download applications for free. is there something like it for windows phones 8.0?

you cant flash android on WP devices or use apk files... is impossible... and why to go switch from horse to donkey :cool:

also no way to use black market or any other market on WP. Why you think WP OS is most secure OS without one malware or virus? because no c*ap and bogus app like on android...

if you want app for free watch for promotional period of apps.. in 3 year i collect pay software worth more than $2000... just be patient and many good apps and games can get free or for cheap price...

just use app as
http://windowsphone.com/s?appId=890485c3-7c32-42e3-b906-61ea62caeaa3

http://windowsphone.com/s?appId=e09858f0-0cf7-4b33-b754-54dd121b3c5d

http://windowsphone.com/s?appId=286ba4a5-33c3-489a-a5a1-8675503aadca

P.S.
all topic about illegal/pirated stuff here on forum is forbidden, but only for info you can use max 10 pirated XAP files on developer unlocked phone (but you must pay $19/year to Microsoft for Developer unlock)...

Last edited:

crg1970

Aug 23, 2007
Similar, but worse problem here.

is possible you have too old software and update server not recognize or give update for current phone version. you can use Nokia Software Recovery Tool to update to latest official WP8 version: 3051.40000.1349.0025 (this is latest official version of WP8.0 called "Black")... also dont forget to update Nokia system apps after software upgrade (you can use app ... from Store)

after if you want test version of WP8.1 via Preview for Developers, just use links from my previous post

Hello. I have a similar problem, and as you stated I believe the OS version is so old that the server does not recognize it. So I have tried several of Nokia's apps, Software Updater for Retail, Care Suite and they do recognize the phone, the software and it immediately states there is an update ready. However, when it tries to put the phone in Flash Update mode, the phone does not boot and I get an error saying there was a problem. If I disconnect the phone, press volumen-down and on buttons I can reset it and Works fine, but I am unable to do an update.

Here are the details for the phone:

Lumia 920
Country Variant PR
OS Versión 8.0.10211.204
Firmware revisión number 1232.5957.1308.0002
Radio Software version 1.0.202093.3
Firmware Update Notifier 1.1.0.3
Silent Installer 1.5.0.0
Build ID 153556
Extras+Info App Versión 3.8.1.10

I really don't know what to do. My phone hasn't even received GDR2, much less 3 and for sure it probably won't receive 8.1. Any information on how I can manually place the phone in Flash Update mode so maybe the care suite Works??? I was able, through the care suite to put in in test mode, but not in flash update mode.

Thanks in advance. Posting in the Nokia forums was absolutely no help at all. Could it be that I am doing something wrong with the care suite??? I used instructions from several sites to try to use the care suite.

crg1970

Aug 23, 2007

Hello Anaheiim.

When the software tries to make the Nokia go into Flash Update mode, the phone stays at the NOKIA logo after rebooting. After about a minute, the application on the PC, say for example the Multisoftware Updater cancels out. In the case of Multisoftware updater, the error says : product in UEFI mode did not appear.

I can reset my phone and I get back the normal operations, but it appeas it never goes into a mode that is needed to download the software, or I don't have a driver or something similar to talk to the phone from my PC when it goes into that mode.

crg1970

Aug 23, 2007

Hello Anaheiim.

When the software tries to make the Nokia go into Flash Update mode, the phone stays at the NOKIA logo after rebooting. After about a minute, the application on the PC, say for example the Multisoftware Updater cancels out. In the case of Multisoftware updater, the error says : product in UEFI mode did not appear.

I can reset my phone and I get back the normal operations, but it appeas it never goes into a mode that is needed to download the software, or I don't have a driver or something similar to talk to the phone from my PC when it goes into that mode.

crg1970

Aug 23, 2007
And following this tutorial? He said what? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2515453
The difference here is that you must go into flash mode manually.

Thanks Anaheiim. I am downloading the files in the requisities section of that thread and will follow the steps carefully. On your response you state "you must go into flash mode manually". But I don't see that mentioned in the tutorial, am I missing something??? Is there somewhere I can find how to place a Lumia 920 in flash mode manually???

Thanks again, at least I see a possibility of this working now!!!

crg1970

Aug 23, 2007
In the link that I give you ;)

Part:

Follow the tutorial ;)

Will do Anaheiim, thanks!!! Will follow the tutorial exactly and let you know how it goes. Super helpful, thanks. After the install I will leave a donation. Again, thanks a lot I can't tell you how helpful it is to have people like you that have gone through all this!

Reactions: DilanChd

crg1970

Aug 23, 2007
Hello again Anaheiim, unfortunatelly it has been no luck with the method you posted. I downloaded all the components fine. I downloaded the firmware I needed. I am able to get to the point when I try to recover the phone. I turn it off, plug the USB cord (already connected to the PC) and press the volumen down-power keys at the same time until I get ONE quick vibration. I then click the retry button on the tool on the PC. It starts trying to update, the phone shows the NOKIA logo mid-screen, most of the time it reboots and it shows it again and then goes directly into the Windows Phone logo and then back in to the start menú. Otherwise it just sits at the Nokia Logo. Either way, the PC App after a few minutes tells me it can't recover. Usually no error. Tried several different USB ports. Sometimes on some ports I get this error: DTL Connection: Could not connect to media. DTL Back-End error code = 0x8400A403. DTL Back-End: Driver initialization failed. DCM status code = 0x84004415, Common USB DCM: No device found from the target USB port, last error code = 0x80070003. .
Exception..

But that's it. Doesn't ever go into Flash Update mode.
:(

Top Liked Posts