I goofed some things up

Search This thread

bluebloomers

Jan 8, 2012
While de-bloating my newly rooted Maxx I seem to have deleted something I rather should have not, which has caused all ota attempts to fail horrendously in a ball of android-with-an-red-triangle-coming-out-of-it colored fire.
While I could just restore and then re-root and then get back my data, I thought it would be better to just restore the .apk's and such that I had deleted from /system/app.
I tried and tried to unpack a stock system.img, but every which way I tried always failed somehow.

So, I need help either
1) unpacking the system image properly, or transplanting the apk's from a other phone,
2) being told how this process wouldn't work in the first place and I should just reset,
3) finding out that the ota problem is completely unrelated to the bloatware deletion.

Thanks in advance

(Device info: Droid Maxx, rooted, w/p off; SuperSU, and SafeStrap on board)

Caseyk621

Mar 20, 2011
Rochester, NY
OnePlus 9 Pro
While de-bloating my newly rooted Maxx I seem to have deleted something I rather should have not, which has caused all ota attempts to fail horrendously in a ball of android-with-an-red-triangle-coming-out-of-it colored fire.
While I could just restore and then re-root and then get back my data, I thought it would be better to just restore the .apk's and such that I had deleted from /system/app.
I tried and tried to unpack a stock system.img, but every which way I tried always failed somehow.

So, I need help either
1) unpacking the system image properly, or transplanting the apk's from a other phone,
2) being told how this process wouldn't work in the first place and I should just reset,
3) finding out that the ota problem is completely unrelated to the bloatware deletion.

Thanks in advance

Here is the system dump. Will have all the apks you need. Just download and use whatever you need.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2760334

[System Dump] Droid Maxx Version 19.6.3

Sent From My Droid Ultra

Reactions: bluebloomers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So, I need help either

Thanks in advance

Here is the system dump. Will have all the apks you need. Just download and use whatever you need.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2760334

[System Dump] Droid Maxx Version 19.6.3

Sent From My Droid Ultra