[Q] Choosing Default Application?

Search This thread

metalXcore

Feb 4, 2014
Phoenix
Hey guys,
I have owned a bunch of Android since the original my touch and something has bugging me like crazy- how do you actually save a default application to open a file type? For instance, when I do a Google search on something and click a youtube video, it asks me every time which app to open it with even though I always select the YouTube to set as default lol. Any help would be awesome!

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Hey guys,
I have owned a bunch of Android since the original my touch and something has bugging me like crazy- how do you actually save a default application to open a file type? For instance, when I do a Google search on something and click a youtube video, it asks me every time which app to open it with even though I always select the YouTube to set as default lol. Any help would be awesome!

When you click the YouTube video a menu should come up saying complete action using: and then select the YouTube applicaiton and make sure you hit press Always rather then the Just Once button. If this is what you are doing already, I would recommend going into system settings clearing the default's for that app under the application manger section than the app you want, and doing the action again so it re-asks what you want to use as default. Let me know if you still have questions I'll be happy to help you out.

metalXcore

Feb 4, 2014
Phoenix
Thanks and sorry for the late reply. I cleared the app data and this worked...to a degree. For example, if I am to open a link for an ecigarette forums through google search results and choose tapatalk as default it will remember to open the ecig forums that way, but if I were to open the next forums like xbox gaming, it will ask me again which program to open as default. Is this intended or am I still doing something wrong?
Thanks again!

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using Tapatalk

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Thanks and sorry for the late reply. I cleared the app data and this worked...to a degree. For example, if I am to open a link for an ecigarette forums through google search results and choose tapatalk as default it will remember to open the ecig forums that way, but if I were to open the next forums like xbox gaming, it will ask me again which program to open as default. Is this intended or am I still doing something wrong?
Thanks again!

I believe this is intended behavior as the thought is the user may want different behavior for different websites, annoying as it may be for you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: metalXcore

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks again!

I believe this is intended behavior as the thought is the user may want different behavior for different websites, annoying as it may be for you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app