Can't Access Internet, Cisco 1140 series

Search This thread

Akomack

Aug 30, 2010
I've been trying to get my chromecast to work on my Cisco 1142 router with no avail. I have had my chromecast connected to multiple networks but I can't seem to get it to work with my 1142. I've tried everything I can find. I've tried the 'no ip igmp snooping' command, and confirmed that it's disabled. I've tried 'no dot11 igmp snooping-helper' also. My chromecast says that it can connect to the network, but has no internet access. I'm stuck on what it could possibly be, any help would be greatly appreciated.

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
I've been trying to get my chromecast to work on my Cisco 1142 router with no avail. I have had my chromecast connected to multiple networks but I can't seem to get it to work with my 1142. I've tried everything I can find. I've tried the 'no ip igmp snooping' command, and confirmed that it's disabled. I've tried 'no dot11 igmp snooping-helper' also. My chromecast says that it can connect to the network, but has no internet access. I'm stuck on what it could possibly be, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Your Chromecast isn't a very early serial number (starting 3929 or lower), is it?

philip67

Nov 7, 2011
Google Pixel 6a

Pls check the configuration of the AP and look for command "bridge-group port-protected".

Akomack

Aug 30, 2010
Pls check the configuration of the AP and look for command "bridge-group port-protected".

I've found it with VLAN settings, but can't find it anywhere else. I've tried the telnet command "no bridge-group 1 port-protected" but I haven't been able to confirm if it stuck or not. I'm almost ready to just sell the Cisco router since it's worth some money and since I can't seem to get my chromecast to work with it

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
Well you do have a very intelligent router, and Chromecast is designed for dumb home routers. ;)