[Q] Legend lags after about 2 days [solved]

Search This thread

cdfs

Aug 12, 2010
Hi,

I've searched this forum and google for this problem but couldn't get an answer so far. My Legend isn't rooted and I'm using 2.05.405.2. Always after about 2 days my phone gets really laggy. For example pulling down statusbar can take up to 20 seconds until it reacts. Also when I get an incoming call, picking up can last up to 10 seconds. The only way to resolvethis so far is to reboot the phone, but thats exactly what I don't want. I tried several taskkillers without success, I then tried without any taskkillers, too. Also same behaviour. I just have a few apps installed:
- JuiceDefender
- Opera
- ES File Explorer
- MixZing
- Handcent
- Facebook
- SystemPanel Lite
- K9

I tried to get into SystemPanelLite when the phone gets laggy to see what process this is causing, but without any success. I'm really puzzled as I don't understand, why the system is getting laggy up to an unusable amount. I'm not a poweruser who is playing around every 5 minutes with his phone, just writing and reading some SMS, taking a look at facebook and reading and writing mails. Is this a common problem with the legend and everybody is used to it or is this a problem that only hits me for whatever reason? Oh, yes, the problem also existed with older firmware, too.

Last edited:

lessirey

Sep 13, 2007
Calicut
Legend is known to be a snappy handset.
How much free memory do you have ?
Did you try uninstalling any third party apps to see if any of that is causing the trouble?

cdfs

Aug 12, 2010
Thanks for the answers. I uninstalled now k9, JuiceDefender and ES File Manager, as these are the only one, that I have installed always from the beginning. I'll report back, if that helped.

rcravero

Apr 30, 2008
Ferrara
Hi,

I've searched this forum and google for this problem but couldn't get an answer so far. My Legend isn't rooted and I'm using 2.05.405.2. Always after about 2 days my phone gets really laggy. For example pulling down statusbar can take up to 20 seconds until it reacts.

It happened even to me during the first start-up. I decided to reset completely the phone and make a clean start-up. I believe you should very carefully during the first sync of gmail,facebook,etc. Leave the time to the Legend to sync properly and install one application behind the other.

After that my Legend is working fine

cdfs

Aug 12, 2010
As I upgraded to the first 2.xxx firmware, I had it resettet to defaults, as I did the upgrade via USB. As far as I remember, synchronisation was done when I began to install apps. But I think, if the deinstallation of the mentioned applications doesn't resolve this issue, I will try to reset it, too...

nomad4ever

I had similar behavior, when installing that Facebook update last week. Besides the published battery drain the phone became laggy and unresponsive. The dialer sometimes took 10 seconds to react! Sometimes I could not even take a call. The patch that came after to improve the battery drain didn't fix the lag issue for me.

So I uninstalled the complete facebook update via application menu and voila! No more lag. Everything is as snappy as before. Not even a reboot was required.

shuikit

Jun 8, 2006
I just uninstalled the fb updates out of interest and my Legend was much quicker! Reinstalling the updates and it's still quick. I didn't notice the slowdown before. Thanks!

cdfs

Aug 12, 2010
After uninstalling k9, JuiceDefender, ES File Manager and facebook updates along with disabling facebook for android, so that there is only facebook for sense there, these are the results after 2 days so far:
- phone is snappy as if it was turned on 5 minutes ago
- battery-life is much better! Without JuiceDefender it was about 8-10 hours with very slight usage, up to 36 hours with JuiceDefender... today, after over 42 hours my battery is at 32%, I played games, wrote some SMS, took some pictures and had a short call

So it has to be one of the above mentioned apps. From what I read up until now, my closest bet is the facebok-app, that could be interfering with facebook for sense. I will now reinstall k9, JuiceDefender an ES File Manager and report back again in about 2 days.

Edit: It seems to be that k9 is the reason for the lags... just some minutes after installing and configuring k9 I noticed some lag with scrolling in lists, uninstalled it again and the lag was gone...

Last edited:

cdfs

Aug 12, 2010
Update:
I installed the updates for FB again and I'm using it as before. The phone is still very snappy, no sign of slowdowns. Next I will test JuiceDefender.

cdfs

Aug 12, 2010
After testing a lot with uninstalling all apps and then step by step reinstalling I found the problem: It seems that JuiceDefender triggered for whatever reason the lag after about 2 days. At the moment I also don't have a need to reinstall it, as from my testings I found out, that my battery lasts for 2 days without JuiceDefender, with JuiceDefender it was just 4-5 hours more. This is with fb-updates hourly, gps always on, 2 IMAP-Accounts that are qurried via push, some sms a day and about half an hour telephone, slight internet browsing.

maxonite

Jan 31, 2009
Glad to hear your phone is running better. As a side note, I still use Juice Defender but an old version 1.7.7 The development seemed to go off the rails after this version and i was not happy with any other the updates so I am sticking with this older version.

Still get about 2x the battery life using it.

smnrock

Aug 10, 2009
I also having same problem and available free memory keeps on reducing :(. Though i installed juicedefender, i never uses that and kill using system panel. Will uninstall and check for 2 days