guys plz i need help with my network signal!

Search This thread

qaid yassin

Mar 28, 2012
hi everybody. my network signal is weak i looked for many ways to solve this problem but all of them did not work " i changed my rom to many roms such as GB 2.3.3, 2.2, cm9, and now my celphone with MIUI.. also i changed the modem many times with miui. all i remember r "radio-cm7-galaxyS-JPM-signed.zip and JVU from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1158783

note: my cellphone was locked to Claro unlocked it by samsung s unlocker app.. now i'm in the Meddle East Yemen...

my best regards

Omarjivraj

Jan 11, 2012
Samsung Galaxy M30s
OnePlus 11
Go to this page--"http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1102881"

Download the firmware for your region, the correct one, and flash through odin.

Hope you have flashing knowledge. and that will fix the modem issue.

qaid yassin

Mar 28, 2012
thx my friend .. ya know how to flash with oden ... one more Q is my problem in the modem 100%?? can the problem be in the hardware?

i was in the Official GB 2.3.3.. is it the same thing or i have to try this one also?

Last edited:

Omarjivraj

Jan 11, 2012
Samsung Galaxy M30s
OnePlus 11
Modem can be the main problem if you dont have signal at all.
But even after flashing the correct rom and modem for your location and you face the problem there could be chances of hardware, very rare though, or could be the area your living at, far away from the city or maybe some area that dosnt fall under a proper network coverage.
could be anything. Just flash the correct firmware rom modem whatever, check that your at an open good place, call and message your friends and check for network problems. Hope this helps.

qaid yassin

Mar 28, 2012
thx friend.. there is a signal but weak and NOT about the aria i live in coz my brother has HTC with the same network nothing wrong also my sis has Nokia n8 with the same network company also nothing wrong at all clear sounds receiving and sending not as my cellphone many problems with sending and receiving sounds i hear them clearly but they barley hear me and sometimes the line goes off! :confused:

groksteady

Feb 6, 2012
Shanghai
you're wiping cache and dalvik cache in recovery before flashing these modems? also, don't plug your charger/usb in while doing it; it's known to cause zero signal when flashing UCKF1, even though it would work otherwise.

Also: you could try entering service mode and checking your settings there.

*#*#197328640#*#*

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=7363712

If you're on 2.3.3, you may need to use *#*#4636#*#*

good luck

qaid yassin

Mar 28, 2012
sounds good.. i went there but did not know what to do there r many menus.. could u plz show me what to do step by step..

thx a lot .. sorry for bothering ...

qaid yassin

Mar 28, 2012
i would like to add this info if it will help.. the signal strength became weaker and weaker when around it walls or any staff like clothes or even ppl. also when it's in my hand..

groksteady

Feb 6, 2012
Shanghai
sounds good.. i went there but did not know what to do there r many menus.. could u plz show me what to do step by step..

thx a lot .. sorry for bothering ...

Oh, I linked to you the wrong post in that thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9201884&postcount=2

First one, for signal -- choose menu items by the numbers like he said.

Also find out what bands your network uses (both for calls and data) and make sure you have the right settings -- they likely should be; they'll be in that services menu.

Sorry, figuring this out will take you a lot of searching, reading and playing around. Just note down what you do so you can go back to it if you have to.

qaid yassin

Mar 28, 2012
man i did what he said and there r 1.8.3 but 6 not there in my menu there r just 1.2.3.4.5 ... 6 is not there???????? :confused: :(

Amhran

Jan 18, 2011
Please try your SIM card in any other cell phone (eg. your sister's). If it has the same weak signal then it's possibly the card that is caussing all your trouble. I heard of similar problems when people received new SIM cards from providers because of network issues. I don't have any idea what a SIM card has to do with signal strenght but that's just what I was told.

If this also doesn't work then it might be your hardware.

zodiaxe66

Nov 19, 2010
OnePlus 8T
i would like to add this info if it will help.. the signal strength became weaker and weaker when around it walls or any staff like clothes or even ppl. also when it's in my hand..

Try flash a stock firmware let it boot and see if the problem persist, if all is OK then flash back to your preferred rom.
@intratech has a lot of roms,modem and guide, search his thread