[Q] Bricked? RSDLite won't work

Search This thread

rocketrazr99

Dec 11, 2012
I was flashing ROMs and had DLed a bunch from a site exclusively for RAZR M phones and some guy had put a bunch of stuff for the XT910 and I accidentally flashed a AOKP GSM zip and now I can't flash anything or RSDLite back to stock, which was always my failsafe out of a soft brick. I still have TWRP and I was able to restore my backup but boot and system files only, data wouldn't restore. Now my phone will boot to the custom splash screen but it just loops. And I first get the red Moto M circle and do NOT get the unlocked boot loader warning. So any help? I will post the RSDLite results when I get home.
ok heres the site I got the file from, this guy should be hung...surdu_petru...http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=developers&did=70

Last edited:

rocketrazr99

Dec 11, 2012
noone? help is needed please! OK well I restored to a TWRP recovery i had and it worked partially, as long as i unchecked the data partition, the boot and system partitions stuck, so now my unlocked bootloader warning is back as is my custom ROM splash screen, but in a bootloop. I tried RSDLite flashing it again and the 4.1.1 firmware seemed to work but still loops. 4.1.2 and 4.0.4 wont flash because of the "get var, OEM" issue. I had this happen once before aswhile back but was using CWM recovery and juyst switched to TWRP, which fixed it, but not so lucky this time around. So I am wondering if i flash some other partitions like the persist forthe radio, esp since i flashed a xt910 GSM file which is why my phone now thinks its a xt910. Any ideas? please!!!

Last edited:

rocketrazr99

Dec 11, 2012
ok PROBLEM SOLVED. aFTER LOSING THE CUSTOM RECOVERY BY TRYING TO FASTBOOT WITH RSDLITE I DID THE "delete the Getvar and OEM LINES FROM THE FACTORY FIRMWARE OF 4.1.2 (THE .78 VERSION) AND SINCE THE xt910 ROM WAS 4.2.2 AND MY RADIO HAD PREVIOUSLY BEEN UPDATED TO .78, I FIGURED THE .78 4.1.2 WOULD BE MY BEST SHOT, AND SO IT WAS. THAT "GETVAR" ISSUE IS DEFINATE PROBLEM THAT SHOULD BE RESOLVED ANYWAY. wELL ANOTHER TRAGEDY AVERTED, AND IM GETTING PRETTY GOOD AT THIS, LOL, AVOIDING MISTAKES WOULD BE BEST THO. sO BEWARE OF THE "ANDROIDFILEHOST" SITE, THEY HAVE A GUY POSTING XT910 ROMS UNDER XT907 FOLDER! almost cost me a phone Close this thread

rocketrazr99

Dec 11, 2012
Edit does not work on either of my razr m phones

one last note, I thought i was unable to get the radio/modem working again as a resullt of flashing a GSM ROM for the XT910, but that issue was fixed with a Firmware flash, or FXZ file, through RSDLite. The issue is actually the RAZR Ms US GSM unlock (NV edit using RadioComm) that is still not working. As with my other RAZR M (LOCKED, rooted, and SS installed) I can not seem to get it working by using RC or DFS, and I am really starting to think the .78 or .94 update killed this edit just as it did the bootloader unlock, even though everyone says it doesnt and that this edit can be performed on locked, unrooted and completely updated devices. If so then....

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY BOTH MY LOCKED AND UNLOCKED RAZR M DEVICES WILL NOT ACCEPT THE US GSM EDIT???? PLEASE?

Last edited:

ImDroidxpert

Apr 14, 2014
Waterville, ME. 04901
Here is my Feedback for you...

one last note, I thought i was unable to get the radio/modem working again as a resullt of flashing a GSM ROM for the XT910, but that issue was fixed with a Firmware flash, or FXZ file, through RSDLite. The issue is actually the RAZR Ms US GSM unlock (NV edit using RadioComm) that is still not working. As with my other RAZR M (LOCKED, rooted, and SS installed) I can not seem to get it working by using RC or DFS, and I am really starting to think the .78 or .94 update killed this edit just as it did the bootloader unlock, even though everyone says it doesnt and that this edit can be performed on locked, unrooted and completely updated devices. If so then....

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY BOTH MY LOCKED AND UNLOCKED RAZR M DEVICES WILL NOT ACCEPT THE US GSM EDIT???? PLEASE?

The Reason why it doesn't accept the Us GSM edit Is because the Motorola Droid Razr M is not a gsm phone it is a CDMA phone with LTE. Thus it will not work on any GSM providers unless that provider is like straight talk with multiple networks supported otherwise the phone is stuck on verizon wireless or any other carrier you bought it from. Have A Good Day. By the way my two old accounts got banned for no reason. if you want to know what experience i have look at my devices on the accounts Droidxpert and Droidxpert1. Thanks

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a

The phones will accept the edit and will work on GSM if you unlock with RadioComm. He ran into issues because he didn't unlock with RadioComm.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using xda app-developers app

rocketrazr99

Dec 11, 2012
The Reason why it doesn't accept the Us GSM edit Is because the Motorola Droid Razr M is not a gsm phone it is a CDMA phone with LTE. Thus it will not work on any GSM providers unless that provider is like straight talk with multiple networks supported otherwise the phone is stuck on verizon wireless or any other carrier you bought it from. Have A Good Day. By the way my two old accounts got banned for no reason. if you want to know what experience i have look at my devices on the accounts Droidxpert and Droidxpert1. Thanks

Sorry but they both unlocked. The issue was (I think) that I was typing "01" but only needed to actually type "1" and then the window shows "01". It was something like that anyway.

rocketrazr99

Dec 11, 2012
soft bricked now

Now my problem is I wiped the whole phone by mistake and cant restore since i lost CWM and cant RSDLite any firmware since the latest was already on it and some error message showed that i had flashed an earlier version or somthing, IDK. But I read that to fix it i need a newer firmware to run on RSDLite, of which none exists. So my phone is soft bricked until Kitkat gets released for the M, which is never, lol

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
Now my problem is I wiped the whole phone by mistake and cant restore since i lost CWM and cant RSDLite any firmware since the latest was already on it and some error message showed that i had flashed an earlier version or somthing, IDK. But I read that to fix it i need a newer firmware to run on RSDLite, of which none exists. So my phone is soft bricked until Kitkat gets released for the M, which is never, lol

You don't need to run a newer firmware, you just need to run one that's equivalent to what you have now. You got the TZ fail because you tried to flash an older FW.

rocketrazr99

Dec 11, 2012
You don't need to run a newer firmware, you just need to run one that's equivalent to what you have now. You got the TZ fail because you tried to flash an older FW.

It was actually more than just that. I cant remember but saw a thread about it saying that it had an old firmware and a present firmware and it needs a newer firmware, but I am onm the newest one already so I have to wait for one to get pushed out, idk. Now i can get as far as flashing process 17/21, which is the system flash, when te phone returns a fail. i will try a few tricks i learned from prior luck

Last edited:

rocketrazr99

Dec 11, 2012
It was actually more than just that. I cant remember but saw a thread about it saying that it had an old firmware and a present firmware and it needs a newer firmware, but I am onm the newest one already so I have to wait for one to get pushed out, idk. Now i can get as far as flashing process 17/21, which is the system flash, when te phone returns a fail. i will try a few tricks i learned from prior luck

OK, Rik was right, I didnt have to wait for a new firmware release. I kept trying to flash the most recent version of 4.1.2 and kept hitting a wall at 17/21, which is the flashing of the system image. Occasionally it would fail before that at 16/21, which is CDROM files. That always happened the first attempt after I unhooked the phone and restarted everything, so I started thinking, what is causing the flash to fail for no apparent reason. Then it finally hit me....it was as if my phone was running out of storage space. But that just isnt possible when you are flashing with RSDLite since it wipes out everything first. So I then remembered that my PC has very little room left on its hard drive. Could it be that RSDLite needed more space to work? Hmmmmm, so I deleted a few videos and moved the firmware file to that area (it may or may not help) of the drive and tried again. After the initial fail at 16/21 I was met with a successful flash, although it took a very long time to flash the system image, which I attribute to low disk space. So there you have it.... of course I had to modify the XML file and remove the "getvar" line, and realized I had forgot a golden rule.... all programs and apps need a certain amount of disk drive space in order to operate, and RSDLite is no exception! So now my locked phone will get the carrier unlock edit and Safestrap installed with an extra ROM in slot 1, then it goes on eBay, lol. I have my other RAZR M in semi retirement, it has the BL unlocked as well as the carrier, but I couldnt pass up a new Nexus 5 for $250, but I will surely be swapping the SIM card back and forth because I really miss my RAZR M already. Wish they would make a RAZR M with the processing power of the Nexus 5. Anyhow, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD, TY.

Reactions: RikRong

H0LT3R

Nov 25, 2013
I'm having a similar problem with my xt907. The phone will boot and loop on the boot loader. I have tried to restore with rsd lite bit haven't had any luck. Any suggestions, I know it may not be enough information. If you ask I might be able to give you more details.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Also I can't get into recovery.

rocketrazr99

Dec 11, 2012

I am sorry to say that you are uninformed and the XT907 CAN have van NV edit which allows it to be used on GSM networks. The phone is already setup to be comparable with GSN since Verizon made it a "global" handset, but....they also blocked any GSM capabilities in the U.S., until of course you do the NV edit. :) So please remove your post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

OK, Rik was right, I didnt have to wait for a new firmware release. I kept trying to flash the most recent version of 4.1.2 and kept hitting a wall at 17/21, which is the flashing of the system image. Occasionally it would fail before that at 16/21, which is CDROM files. That always happened the first attempt after I unhooked the phone and restarted everything, so I started thinking, what is causing the flash to fail for no apparent reason. Then it finally hit me....it was as if my phone was running out of storage space. But that just isnt possible when you are flashing with RSDLite since it wipes out everything first. So I then remembered that my PC has very little room left on its hard drive. Could it be that RSDLite needed more space to work? Hmmmmm, so I deleted a few videos and moved the firmware file to that area (it may or may not help) of the drive and tried again. After the initial fail at 16/21 I was met with a successful flash, although it took a very long time to flash the system image, which I attribute to low disk space. So there you have it.... of course I had to modify the XML file and remove the "getvar" line, and realized I had forgot a golden rule.... all programs and apps need a certain amount of disk drive space in order to operate, and RSDLite is no exception! So now my locked phone will get the carrier unlock edit and Safestrap installed with an extra ROM in slot 1, then it goes on eBay, lol. I have my other RAZR M in semi retirement, it has the BL unlocked as well as the carrier, but I couldnt pass up a new Nexus 5 for $250, but I will surely be swapping the SIM card back and forth because I really miss my RAZR M already. Wish they would make a RAZR M with the processing power of the Nexus 5. Anyhow, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD, TY.