Phone won't unlock after **Relocked**

Search This thread

itzjonjon69

Jan 6, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Hey guys i just flashed the 1.54 firmware and in the process i relocked the phone. I flashed the firmware and everything, but now i can't unlock it for some reason. I tried the command to flash the token but no luck it gives me:

C:\Users\haswell\Desktop\platform-tools>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
target reported max download size of 1830711296 bytes
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.124s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
FAILED (remote: unlock token check failed)
finished. total time: 0.129s

please help!

***and on a side note, whenever i plug the phone into the computer it takes a good 2-3 minutes before it detects the phone and starts working. wtf?***

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
Hey guys i just flashed the 1.54 firmware and in the process i relocked the phone. I flashed the firmware and everything, but now i can't unlock it for some reason. I tried the command to flash the token but no luck it gives me:

C:\Users\haswell\Desktop\platform-tools>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
target reported max download size of 1830711296 bytes
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.124s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
FAILED (remote: unlock token check failed)
finished. total time: 0.129s

please help!

***and on a side note, whenever i plug the phone into the computer it takes a good 2-3 minutes before it detects the phone and starts working. wtf?***

Apply for a next token

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

itzjonjon69

Jan 6, 2009
Tempe, AZ
i tried this (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708571) however i got this:

1|shell@htc_m8:/ $ echo -ne "HTCU" | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 bs=1 seek=33796
lock/mmcblk0p2 bs=1 seek=33796 <
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2: cannot open for write: Permission denied
1|shell@htc_m8:/ $
C:\Users\haswell\Desktop\platform-tools>

i also realized that my recovery is no longer working as my super SU... please someone help me

mc_365

Sep 17, 2009
Jersey City
i tried this (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708571) however i got this:

i also realized that my recovery is no longer working as my super SU... please someone help me

I had about the same issue and did all the stuff your doing.
Check in your hboot if it says S-On.
If so then like me you may need to visit the guys in the #firewater IRC channel on freenode.
They ran me through a couple things that didn't work then we all came to the conclusion that my system was write protected.
Something set incorrectly in my mmcblk0p2 caused everything to act as if the phone is S-On.
Finally Beaups remoted into my laptop with the phone connected and ran through some stuff in adb that allowed him to write a fresh copy of mmcblk0p2 to my phone and everything went back to normal.
Sorry I don't know the specifics but it was a couple hours into it then Beaups just remoted in and did it, it was to fast for me to follow.

Reactions: itzjonjon69

itzjonjon69

Jan 6, 2009
Tempe, AZ
If so then like me you may need to visit the guys in the #firewater IRC channel on freenode.
They ran me through a couple things that didn't work then we all came to the conclusion that my system was write protected.
Something set incorrectly in my mmcblk0p2 caused everything to act as if the phone is S-On.
Finally Beaups remoted into my laptop with the phone connected and ran through some stuff in adb that allowed him to write a fresh copy of mmcblk0p2 to my phone and everything went back to normal.
Sorry I don't know the specifics but it was a couple hours into it then Beaups just remoted in and did it, it was to fast for me to follow.
oops i thought i updated the thread, but forum member russellvone SAVED my ass. So what he did was he had me download this file for my ATT M8

https://mega.co.nz/#!NUURzC5T!tCjG3n...c6zRAwOPZ8T2PI and told me to rename it 0P6BIMG.zip and place it in my adb fastboot folder

then he told me to run these commands:

fastboot erase cache
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip 0P6BIMG.zip
fastboot reboot

then once everything was done we ran the commands from this thread (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2708571) and voila! i'm once again unlocked! He explained to me that when i tried to run the unlock commands before it didn't work because i had the secure boot.img and what he had me flash was a file he created which made it unsecure so i could run the command. HUGE HUGE props to this guy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.