CM11 Nightlies, major lag after phone comes out of sleep

Search This thread

exhalum

Aug 29, 2014
Hello,

I was able to see that a few others have been having this issue (noted in the dev section ) but I wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed that their CPU frequency does not go above 384 mhz after phone comes out of deep sleep?

Using CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies with stock kernel. A reboot of the phone makes is speedy again, however if the phone goes to sleep, its super laggy when it it wakes up. ( the only solution I found is to either reboot, or set the minimum frequency and max frequency to be the same 1500 mhz)

Please let me know if I am alone in experiencing this mhz lock to 384 mhz after phone wakes up.

Note: I did a clean flash and I am still having the same issue.

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Hello,

I was able to see that a few others have been having this issue (noted in the dev section ) but I wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed that their CPU frequency does not go above 384 mhz after phone comes out of deep sleep?

Using CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies with stock kernel. A reboot of the phone makes is speedy again, however if the phone goes to sleep, its super laggy when it it wakes up. ( the only solution I found is to either reboot, or set the minimum frequency and max frequency to be the same 1500 mhz)

Please let me know if I am alone in experiencing this mhz lock to 384 mhz after phone wakes up.

Note: I did a clean flash and I am still having the same issue.
change to ondemand in cpu settings, its not the default as to why idk, issue and fix has been posted many times b4.
if it is set to ondemand then you have some other prob or a setting that needs to be adjusted or app running in the background

Last edited:

exhalum

Aug 29, 2014
change to ondemand in cpu settings, its not the default as to why idk, issue and fix has been posted many times b4.
if it is set to ondemand then you have some other prob or a setting that needs to be adjusted or app running in the background

I actually don't have that as an option for the CPU governor.

All I have available is

Interactive
Conservative
userspace
powersave
performance

All of which cause the same lag issue as what I mentioned. Each nightly flash sets it back to "Interactive" as the default, but since you mention ondemand can you confirm if you can actually see ondemand as an available option to select on your phone using Official CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for Skyrocket ([TeamChopsticks)? I don't have ondemand available.

Last edited:

asimowalk

Jun 20, 2012

All I have available is

Interactive
Conservative
userspace
powersave
performance

All of which cause the same lag issue as what I mentioned. Each nightly flash sets it back to "Interactive" as the default, but since you mention ondemand can you confirm if you can actually see ondemand as an available option to select on your phone using Official CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for Skyrocket ([TeamChopsticks)? I don't have ondemand available.
Interactive does usually end up being default, but I believe it was sometime last month where ondemand was removed from that ROM... which was the point where I jumped ship to another ROM.

Miker1029

Jun 14, 2012
www.android-x86.net
Cpu Sticks at 384 On Call Or Wake

Hey All Hate to Bump this, but I have been having this same Issue for Months, Has Anyone Come Up With a Solution Other The Changing ROM??

I'm Also Having this "FREEZE" When The Phone screen is off and I get a Call but the Answer screen doesn't come up while the phone rings straight thru to Voice Mail, But if I slide to The right (On The Blank Screen) It answers.... I have messed with the CPU Performance Settings, and No Help....It does it On the Default settings and the Altered Settings??? I Checked the DEV Thread and Really Didn't see much about this....

Any Help Appreciated;

Mike

franzpimp87

Jul 9, 2012
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel XL

All I have available is

Interactive
Conservative
userspace
powersave
performance

You can use conservative; remember to tick de option "Apply automatically on boot".

Reactions: Miker1029

Miker1029

Jun 14, 2012
www.android-x86.net
You can use conservative; remember to tick de option "Apply automatically on boot".

Ya I set it after I made that post and was gonna update today These Settings SEEM to be working extremely well... Will update if it changes..

Governor :Conservative
Min :192
Max:1512

I/O: NOOP

And it's Kinda Strange I/O on NOOP Is Actually throttling the CPU pretty well....Gonna run Like this for awhile and a see how Performance/Battery Use Work Out, And Probably Start Playing with the NOOP Setting, But from my tests it actually seems the most fluid, and Actually drops to 192 when no use....

Mike

Reactions: franzpimp87

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

All I have available is

Interactive
    Conservative
    userspace
    powersave
    performance

Ya I set it after I made that post and was gonna update today These Settings SEEM to be working extremely well... Will update if it changes..

Governor :Conservative
    Min :192
    Max:1512

I/O: NOOP

And it's Kinda Strange I/O on NOOP Is Actually throttling the CPU pretty well....Gonna run Like this for awhile and a see how Performance/Battery Use Work Out, And Probably Start Playing with the NOOP Setting, But from my tests it actually seems the most fluid, and Actually drops to 192 when no use....

Mike